All reviewslife changingcosta ricazip liningmagical placepura vidaevery mealthe pacific oceanother guestspure magicorganic gardenlocal beachesspecial placemy home away from homewatching the sunsetsurf lessonsthe kitchen staffevery evening
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The grounds were inspiring and beautifully kept. They have a greenhouse on site from which much of their food comes from. The meals were amazingly delicious and healthful, tons of fruits and vegetables. One of my concerns with traveling is not keeping up my healthful diet, but at Costa Rica Yoga Spa I ate better than I even do at home. The rooms were perfect, and exceptionally clean. They had wood windows, doors, and ceilings, shiny colored concrete floors, spacious bathrooms, and tasteful artwork. I loved the art in my room. It was a colored wood grain piece made by an artist from Czechoslovakia. The staff and owners, who are family, are exceptional loving, kindhearted, and environmentally conscious. They went above and beyond caring for our wellbeing and comfort. I would definitely return to Costa Rica Yoga Spa. It is the perfect place in Cost Rica to host a retreat, or to stay for a vacation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank robinmbrochu
Jill6843, Owner at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

We appreciate hearing that your stay with us was perfect and that you found our home-grown food was nourishing and delicious. Our housekeeping staff really loves hearing that their diligent work is so appreciated. I will share your kind words with all of the staff. They really are an amazing team. It was our pleasure to have all of you group stay here. Thank you, Robin

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I took my family on a holiday this past Christmas 2016 to Costa Rica. We had many choices when it came to locations and accommodations in Costa Rica. However, I wanted to find the pearl in the oyster, and was so glad I chose the Costa Rica Yoga Spa in Nosara. I was seeking a non-corporate location, that offered yoga, surfing, excursions, relaxed setting, ground transportation and personalized service. I did my homework and Costa Rica Yoga Spa met all my criteria and more. I am in sales and expect a lot in terms of customer service, and I was not let down by the level of A+ service we received on our stay. The friendly staff made sure we were never in need of anything and went out of their way, even on Christmas day to deliver on their promise of superior customer service. The rooms were spotless and bug free, the food was the best I ever had at any resort, and the entire stay was fantastic. The only issue I had was that the week went by too fast. I highly recommend staying at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa and look forward to my next trip to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: We liked the second floor suites.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank RichardSS11
Jill6843, Owner at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you for your kind words. I will share them with our staff as they take great pride in all that they do to make our guests feel welcome and make sure that they have the time of their lives while they are here. I'm glad you enjoyed our incredible food. It is truly grown and prepared with love, which makes it so great!!! I am so happy that all of your expectations, and then some, were met during your visit. All of us here look forward to having you back. Pura Vida!!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Costa Rica Yoga Spa truly embodies the magic of Costa Rica. The owners and staff are some of the most welcoming and personable people I've ever met, eagerly answering any questions I had about the food served and the land of Costa Rica itself. All of the staff became friends of mine whom I was sad to leave by the end of my stay. The food provided was some of the most delicious, nutritional and filling food I've ever had-- part of what made it so delicious was the love and extreme care put into making it! I felt well cared for by the staff for the entire duration of my stay. Moving onto the surroundings.... The breath-taking views from the rancho and from the dining area are memories I will hold dear forever. This secluded area in which Costa Rica Yoga Spa resides is perfect for mental clarity and peace of mind. This place is perfect for a retreat, and I would recommend CRYS to anybody looking to stay in Nosara.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kacey D

We think our place is pretty magical, too, Kacey! We are glad you found our food to be so outstanding. It starts with our beautiful gardens and talented and knowledgeable gardener who produces our super healthy and organic food. Our chefs eagerly await the days bounty to begin creating our delicious meals and they are prepared with such passion and love that carries into the food that our guests have. Thank you for mentioning what a great job our kitchen staff and hosts did to make your stay the best it could be. We all appreciate your kind words and are so happy your stay was so great. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

Everything about this place is magical - the land is enchanted. The view was breathtaking. The rooms were extremely well taken care of and clean. The staff did everything with love & care. The food was incredible - mostly made from their garden. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this place.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ariana N

It was such a pleasure to have you here. Thanks for acknowledging how clean our rooms are and how the staff shows love and care to our guests. We agree, we think our food is pretty incredible, too. We are all glad you had such a great stay. Thanks for your expression of gratitude. I will definitely share it with the staff.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

The staff at CRYS feel like family. Having just spent two weeks at this magical space for a leadership training, I couldn't have asked for more caring, loving, and generous hosts. From the breathtaking views of the coastline to the spectacular meals made from local organic ingredients, the love that is put into every detail is truly felt. Whether you are planning a retreat or some much needed R&R, Costa Rica Yoga Spa is not to be missed. Thank you to everyone who made these last few weeks so beautiful.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank HudsonN

It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us for this incredible leadership retreat. I am so happy that you found your stay with us filled with love and care from our hosts while you were here. I love that you found our mostly, organic, home-grown meals to be so delicious. Great love and passion go into creating your meals which are designed around the bounty coming from our gardens. Thank you for expressing your gratitude and we look forward to having you return.