“Excellent portions and flavor--my wife and I love Kaya Sol”
Review of KayaSol Restaurant

KayaSol Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Nosara
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Ithaca, New York
“Excellent portions and flavor--my wife and I love Kaya Sol”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Of the many options in Playa Guiones, my favorite is Kaya Sol, and so you should note that opinion, which could make my review biased. In 2011, during my first trip to Guiones, Kaya Sol was called Rising Sun, and it was fantastic. When I returned in 2012, Kaya Sol had taken the spot, but the menu was the same, and I was so pleased to have some of my favorites again. (Note: apparently, the original owners sold the restaurant to the folks who named it Rising Sun, but the original owners reacquired the restaurant and named it Kaya Sol.)

I am not going to rate any specific dishes in this review; instead, I will just offer some general thoughts about Kaya Sol. The portions are ample for the prices, and the fish is superb.

The half order of fish nachos is huge and sells for about $7 USD, a really fantastic value, considering the amount of fresh local fish. The curry dishes are really tasty. The burritos are excellent: huge and flavorful.

My only suggestion for improvement is service--like many places in town. When the restaurant gets busy--and sometimes even if it is slow--the service can be slow.

* * * *

Overall, Kaya Sol is great: for its value and its excellent seafood. Try the specials on the board or order from the menu: it's all good.

Enjoy!

Visited July 2014

Telluride, Colorado
“Good value”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is casual. Portions are generally on the large size. There are little inconsistencies; probably the result of remote location of Guiones... (Take what is available, when the distributer truck arrives.) A certain type of fries one night, different the next. I love the fish taco plate, as it totally satisfies, and generally provides me with two meals. (Leftover for lunch the next day.) My husband had the Mahi mahi special one night and it was amazing! The fish was fresh and tender and as good as it gets, with vegies and mashed potatoes, and a delicious sauce (coconut?) that complimented, rather than over powered. They are always open; breakfast, lunch and dinner and there is always something good on the menu. Situated in North Guines, very reliable and accessible, if you are in that area. Staff is smiling and fun.

• Visited May 2014
“Very good food”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Well prepared dishes.... I would recommend this as a nice place for lunch or dinner. Beef sauté with vegetables was served on a heated cooking plate and sizzled on the table.

Visited March 2014
“Great food, even better margaritas!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

After a long day of travel we ended up here on a recommendation from someone at our hotel. The service was fast and friendly, the margaritas fantastic, and the fish fresh, tasty, and perfectly cooked.

• Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Good atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The restaurant next to the pool was nice and clean.
Casado was yummy. Though, they could have cooked beans softer in my opinion..
Would come back again.