“This experience MADE my trip”
Review of Playa Ponies

Playa Ponies
Ranked #14 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Nosara
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalized Horseback riding tours through the jungle and beaches of Nosara. Our horses are beautiful and trained for all experience levels. Every tour is customized to match the riders whether it is a short jungle kids adventure, or half-day waterfall treck or a sunset beach ride we make sure every rider leaves with an experience they will remember for a lifetime.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I'm a NYC girl - I don't get to spend too much time with horses. I don't get to spend too much time out of the city either. A horseback riding tour through the jungle and onto the beach - well that was just surreal for me.
My boyfriend and I took the 2 1/2 hour Horseback riding tour through the Jungle and Beach. Our guide, I don't remember his name, was great. He didn't speak very much English, and we only speak a little bit of Spanish, but it all worked out just fine!
I cannot describe the breathtaking views you will encounter on this trip. We paid $50 each to take this tour - I would have paid triple, easily. Three little dogs followed us throughout the entire tour, running, jumping and playing, it was hysterical.
If you are in Nosara, contact this place to take the tour, The co owner of the company, Carrie, speaks English, (she's from the states) and there are Spanish speaking people as well. You can email them to set up a reservation. It doesn't matter what language you speak, I'm telling you, take this tour. I can promise you, it's like nothing you have ever seen before. It's just natural beauty, and its amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Playa Ponies.

1  Thank MsSarahD

Reviewed 8 April 2013

What an incredible experience! Our family of 4 (9 & 12 yr-old boys) went on an incredible ride on the beach, through a river, into the rainforest, and through a town. Playa Ponies did a great job picking horses for all of us based on our experience level. Some even were matched by personalitites! Funny! My 9 year-old has no fear and Playa Ponies allowed him to canter on the beach on his first ride in a way that seemed very safe. He was thrilled!

1  Thank JHD09
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Playa Ponies was recommended by Alexa at Bella Vista Mar and we were not disappointed.
Eder arrived with the horses at our door wearing a Denver Broncos ball cap and for 2 Coloradans that was a hoot. We toured thru the jungle to Playa Pelada, overlooking spectacular oceans views from the hilltops, then down to and along the beach.
At one point he asked if we'd like to gallop a bit...the horses flew through the surf and we noticed people taking pictures and videos of us as we galloped by...how FUN!
We recommend the "sunset/evening" schedule, still plenty of daylight at start, and watching the sun drop over the ocean horizon at the end.
We will take advantage of other offered adventures with Playa Ponies on our next vacation!

1  Thank Jeanne T
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We felt very fortunate to hear about Playa Ponies. The horses are so well cared for--a son was still combing the mane of one of the horses when we arrived. The owner's dogs accompanied up on the trip--it was fun to watch them explore the nature reserve and splash in the surf. We rode through the Biological Nature Reserve--saw where a large rock had fallen during last year's earthquake, rode to the beach -- my horse loved the surf. We had a wonderful ride and would certainly do it again.

1  Thank DCRam
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to Nosara and where looking for something different then surfing for the morning and a horseback tour of the jungle and the coastline was perfect! A extreamly safe and pleasant experience that we would recommend to anyone!