“I had an awesome time and learned so much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Hamilton, Canada
“I had an awesome time and learned so much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

If you are looking for a fun getaway, with lots of adventure, this is the place. The surfing lessons were incredibly helpful, and the food was delicious (thanks sarah!).

Room Tip: All of the villas are really nice
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Surf Simply is truly an exceptional place to become a new or improved surfer.
The accommodation, the food, the weather (despite being green season still had many sunny days), the surf and surf instruction...etc are all fantastic. And as advertised on their website it truly is an "all-inclusive" resort, all my wife and I really wanted was more time there.
At the core of Surf Simply are an exceptional group of people committed to helping and sharing good vibes in and out of the water.
Gem, Ru, Ale, Harry, Martin, Kerianne, Jack, Sarah, Oriana, and everyone else thank you for a fantastic vacation and a stoke that has continued to last as we await waves here at home in Toronto.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmj73
Clermont, Fl.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I visited Surf Simply for a week from July 9-16th. I went alone as my focus was to improve my surfing skills. The bad news is there was a low pressure system that hung over us for the week making the waves very disorganized and rough. This is very rare as Nosara and Playa Guiones are usually very consistent and clean breaks. So this was a bummer but no fault of the surf camp.

The best asset of Surf Simply are the wonderful people who work there. Sara and Ale are both amazing cooks and made us "fat and happy" all week. Oriana Fowler is a great photographer and an even more amazing and sociable person. The surf coaches that assisted me were Jack and Harry. They were both full of helpful information and were very positive and fun but also professional too. The security and cleaning staffs were also very, very courteous and did a great job too.

The owners, Ru and Gem, were gone at the start of the week but Gem did come back towards the end of the stay. She is bright, personable and also quite a babe!!! LOL She was wonderful and helped me in getting prepared for the trip via email, etc.

They take care of you in a first class way and do a great job of being a very, very fun groupn to hang with while also being very professional. I would 100% recommend Surf Simply and plan on going back to Nosara when the surf is better than what we had. Just bad luck with the weather and waves but despite that, still a great week.

Nice job Gem.......Please be sure to pass on my words to Jack, Harry, Oriana, Ale and Sarah as they are truly what makes your company stand apart from others. You have done an awesome job of organizing a first class staff and I wish you much success in the future. If I visit the area I will stop by to say hi!

Jim L. Clermont, Fl.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

My wife and I spent a week at Surf Simply last month, and it was just about the perfect holiday: the resort is small and beautiful, the surf instructors were incredible, every day we were being treated to three excellent meals - and yes, it really is all inclusive, just like it says on the terrific Surf Simply website - and, well, Playa Guiones isn't half bad, either! Great waves for every skill level. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I just got back from a week at Surf Simply and I can’t say enough about how great it is. From the moment you arrive at the airport to the time you leave, every single detail is arranged to perfection!

Of course, the main thrust of the camp is to surf, and that you will do. Two sessions a day with a Theory class in between, you will live and breathe surfing. Whatever your surfing skills, from none to advanced, you will improve. The instructors are amazing. More than surfers, they are educators that not only have an in-depth knowledge of their subject, but a love for it that is completely contagious. Their goal is much more than to have you stand up and move on the water. They want you to understand the water and the waves and the tides and how they all work together. They strive to give you a strong, technical foundation from which you can take your surfing to any level that you desire. Their patience is unbelievable and their knack for finding something praiseworthy in even the worst of attempts is amazing – if not ridiculously laughable on some occasions! Oh, and they are strong! A special thanks to both Harry and Jack for all the help getting out back!!!

When you are not surfing, the resort is a great place to hang out. The whole place feels like one big home. The chalets are clean and comfortable and have air-conditioning! The “rancho” is the perfect outdoor great room complete with a pool, a forever-stocked refrigerator, snacks, surf movies, free wifi and music. What else could you need? The food is wonderful. On occasion you will go out to eat at some of the local restaurants which is definitely nice to see and experience, but, in all honesty, I could have had Sarah’s home-cooking three meals a day!!!

I should stop gushing lest I sound disingenuous. Suffice it to say, there are many reasons to go on vacation, but if your goal is to learn to surf or to improve your surfing skills and to have a relaxing, great time in Costa Rica, Surf Simply is simply the best place to go.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

I am currently in a taxi after leaving Surf Simply after a fantastic week. I cannot recommend this place enough. The people are what make Surf Simply what it is. From the first day Ru & Gem were so helpful and friendly. The surf instructors (Martin, Kerrianne, Jack & Harry) are fantastic and have a maturity level much beyond their years. Their teaching style is excellent and they enjoy a good laugh (whether it's at us wiping out or at sausage digging for crabs) making it fun to learn. Surf Simply actually teaches you how the surf properly and combine theory and practice in an excellent manner. Other surf lessons focus on getting you standing which is good however surf simply will teach you the techniques to help you understand how to stand, turn, paddle and get back to shore safely and they also help you to understand why you may have wiped out on that monster wave ( well let's tell everybody it was a monster wave even if it wasn't) Everybody at the resort was very friendly and genuinely wanted us to have a great time - the food was amazing (thanks Sara and Ally) and the place was always very clean. I may not be invited to surf against Kelly Slater but by the end of the holiday, I was able to surf simply! ( relatively simply perhaps! ).

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank manutd36
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I spent a week with the guys at Surf Simply in April and genuinely couldn't fault it. I went on the recommendation of a friend who was a similar level surfer to me as I really wanted to find a place where I could advance my skills. I have taken numerous surf lessons before and found that as soon as the instructor realises you can stand on the board, they leave you to it. These guys take it back to basics to teach you much more than that. I had learned some bad habits from years of sporadic (bad) surf coaching so can say with confidence that this was the best surf coaching I ever had and i really felt that what I learned in Nosara will be getting put into practice and developed for many years to come.

The accommodation and food were also excellent. Comfortable, relaxing and healthy.

I would definitely recommend to friends, especially those who have never tried surfing as the combination of the location and surf instruction makes it the best place to learn that I have come across.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo