“Counting the days until my next visit--” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Durango, CO
“Counting the days until my next visit--”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

The past 17 days following our trip to Surf Simply I have been driving my family and friends crazy with talk of the school, checking the web site daily, and recruiting new students to make another visit with me.

The accommodations are clean and convenient, the staff is friendly, professional, and encouraging and the lessons are structured on the building blocks of surfing and adding skills at each student's individual pace. Everybody can learn to surf in a comfortable and safe environment!

Participating for a week at Surf Simply is all it took to make me realize what I've been missing all this time. I look forward to learn more , at Surf Simply, and surf as long as I am able. The great thing is I don't need to talk about it anymore--we've already booked new flights-- 63 days and counting !!

Thanks to Ru and ALL of the gang for introducing me to a new passion.

1 Thank Antonio B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Of all the amazing things this trip includes, which is pretty much everything, it was the instructors who made the whole experience for me. I could never accurately describe how talented they are. Surfing is their passion and they love to share it with their students. Other schools I have been to are timed events. You pay for your hour and when it's up, poof, the instructor is gone. Here at Surf Simply, whether it was in the water or in the classroom, they were always there to help.

The resort itself didn't feel like a typical hotel where you couldn't relax and feel comfortable. The entire trip was like hanging out at your best friend's beach house. You know the one with the cool parents who were never there, and lots of good food and beer in the fridge.

My only complaint is that Ru, the owner, did not anticipate my love for surfing, their staff, and their resort. He should have sent me an email me to say "Cyrus, you know you're going to have great time. Wouldn't you rather stay for two weeks instead of just one? Cheers." Or something like that.

I showed up with 2 friends and left with 14 (and a lifetime love of surfing).
Thanks guys. I will see you again I'm sure.

1 Thank Cyrus B
Soto Cano, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

From start to finish my experience with Surf Simply was extraordinary. The moment we landed at the airport in San Jose they had a vehicle waiting to get us to the resort and a hot dinner waiting for us even though we were arrived hours later than the rest of the week's students. From there things only got better, the quality and style of the instruction of exceptional, the system they've designed to teach new surfers is great, starting from the ground up they provide a sound understanding of the basic principles behind surfing and each step of they way they provide explanations for why you are doing things a particular way. The staff themselves were all incredibly professional and great to work with. I can't say enough how much fun this trip was and highly recommend it to anyone thinking about giving surfing a try.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

My wife and I just returned from an incredible trip at Surf Simply and we can honestly say it was the best vacation we have ever been on! The waves, food, resort, coaches, the staff, and the guests were all truly amazing!

The surf instruction was top notch. My wife went from never having touched a surfboard in her life, to catching overhead green waves out the back in less than a week. Truly amazing! They give you the building blocks and theory to grow as a surfer. It all clicks when you learn and understand the "why's" and they do a marvelous job teaching in a way that is clear and easy to grasp. We now have a solid path forward and know exactly what we need to work on to progress our surfing and take it to the next level.

The food was absolutely wonderful! The meals at the resort were incredible and the restaurants were all great! We thoroughly enjoyed every meal.

The resort was beautiful and we really felt at home. It really felt like we were hanging out at a friend’s house. Overall this was an amazing experience. We are already planning our next trip and can't wait!

Kris and Mandy - Virginia Beach, VA

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kdhva73
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

It's rare that you take a holiday without finding at least some small fault about it. Sometimes its the food, other times the quality of the service, or maybe it's the state of the accommodation. With Surf Simply, I've been seriously challenged to find any negatives and have had to settle on 'I was bitten by a lot of insects'. Even that wouldn't have been a problem though had I made more use of the complimentary insect repellent! This has simply been the best vacation I have ever taken and I can't wait for a return trip.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Hard to put into words the kind of experience I had here. It's not a stretch to say that it was the perfect holiday. Simply Surf do absolutely everything right. They are seriously passionate about what they do, and I believe they can literally teach anyone to surf. I will definitely be back as soon as I get another opportunity.

• Stayed November 2011
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

If you want to learn how to surf or improve your skills, this is the place for you. I had taken some surf lessons in past trips to Costa Rica, but learned more in one day at Surf Simply than in all of my other lessons combined. In addition to the great instruction, the people at Surf Simply are simply awesome! From Sarah's awesome cooking to Laura's incredible photos (free, by the way), to all the surf instructors (Harry, Ollie, Kerianne and Tinis) to Danielle who runs the resort, everyone goes out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and having a great time. The atmosphere and scenery are incredible, but it's the people at Surf Simply that make the experience so memorable. Ru (the owner) has created a one of a kind surf resort that you absolutely must visit at least once in your life. For me, I'm already planning my next trip back, hopefully in the next 4-5 months.

To all the staff, thanks for such a great time. I can't wait to see you all again.
Harry, I'm concentrating on keeping that left hand over the Rail.
Olli, you owe me a drink!
See you in the spring.