“Simply The Best”
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My 23 year old son, Tristan, and I just spent one of the best weeks of our lives, surfing and bonding at Surf Simply. Surf Simply leaves nothing out of their guest's experience. Superb staff, excellent food, an extremely relaxing and friendly atmosphere and the BEST (and I mean, THE BEST) surf coaches that you could ask for. Our coaches, Ross and Francella, we're second to none. Extremely informative, caring and, most of all, encouraging. The one on one coaching experience was amazing!!! I have never learnt surfing in this way before and, for the first time, I actually got it. The tools that they left me with, will be the building blocks for my surfing experiences for the rest of my life. Thanks both of you for just being you!!!! A big thanks also to Harry and Oliver for being perfect hosts at dinner. Ru, you have a top notch surf school here. Keep up the great work!! My son and I will definitely be coming back. Thanks a million!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Wonderful experience for every level of surfer from me, the total beginner, to my 24 year old twin sons who were rusty surfers but quickly rebounded to their past levels and beyond and even my husband, a nonsurfer, due to some recent surgery. There was plenty of family time to connect after surfing due to the Wi-Fi and delicious group meals in the common living room, the Rancho. I was perfectly tired and challenged by the end of each day but refreshed and ready to go the next morning . Great healthy food, plenty of beer and wine in the evenings to unwind and tell of our adventures with the other guests who were all instant friends and family. I would recommend swimming and cardio as much as you can before going as it is definitely an active and athletic vacation. I would highly recommend Surf Simply and plan to do again. Well done Ru, Ollie, Carrieann and all the great coaches. Great fun, great memories.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank txskibunny001
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My new husband and I went to Surf Simply this past December for our honeymoon. From the second we landed in Liberia, everything was great. They arranged for transportation to and from the airport, all of the meals were AMAZING (Sarah should be on Top Chef;), our instructor Jessie was so knowledgeable and helpful with every lesson, she definitely helped to ease my fears of the big waves and by the end of the week I was much more confident than the first day. I owe pretty much all of my progress that week to Jessie;)

We had yoga each day except our day off with Francela who to this day is the best yoga teacher I have ever had. On our day off we went on a stand up paddle board tour through the river and ended with a paddle towards the sunset over the ocean-PERFECT. Unfortunately on the last day, I am so clumsy and managed to slice my foot on my fin and had to get stitches, but again Ru was right there for me to take me to the rancho, and then Dani held my hand through the whole procedure with the doctor. She even went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions...I am so glad that happened on the last day not the first day since I was able to really look back at the week and see how much I had progressed and truly believe that I will be able to use what I have learned to feel more confident in the waves at the Outer Banks in North Carolina which is where I normally surf.

I also was really impressed with all of the video analysis and the theory sessions throughout the week. Everything was so organized and professional. Surf Simply is the total package, and if you are looking for a great trip that will improve your surfing whether you are a beginner or more advanced, this is the spot to go-JUST DO IT!

PS.Best wishes to Kerianne and a little plug to Jessie-we plan to come back that same week next December, so I hope you are still working there when we come back!!:)

2  Thank BonnieCLattimore
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Interested in a surfing holiday? I cannot recommend highly enough the ABSOLUTE BEST place on the planet... Surf Simply in Nosara, Costa Rica!

My husband and I took our 18 and 19 year old sons with us and it was, without a doubt, the best vacation (of many!!) we have taken. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or have surfed your whole life, Surf Simply tailors the surf training to your level.

If you are looking for a luxury "surf boot camp" this is the place for you! Surf lessons 2x day, surf theory 2x a day, plus yoga and massage, food that is out of this world, instructors who who know the science and the art behind surfing and share it all with you! And on top of all that, the entire staff are warm, friendly, and by the end of the week you feel you've known them your whole life.

With only 12 guests a week the Surf Simply staff make sure that everything is taken care of for you so all you have to worry about is catching the next wave. Surf Simply is simply a gem! You should check it out!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This place is amazing! My wife and I were supposed to go to Surf Simply a couple of years ago but she injured herself skiing and we had to cancel (see my previous review - Ru was very helpful and accomodating with our unexpected cancellation). Fast forward a couple years and we’re almost glad that she injured herself! Had it not been for this delay, we may have missed out on the chance of being taught by Ross. What a dedicated, professional and knowledgable coach. As our coach (beginner/Level1), he had his hands full! Nevertheless, through patient, positive and methodological coaching, he was able to bring us to a level of comfort and confidence that we really were not expecting. He allowed us to discover this amazing sport; we are now hooked! All the coaches were enthusiastic, motivated and skilled educators. The staff (Dani and Alice) were friendly and very welcoming. The food (Sarah) was first class and the accomodations were 5-Star. The yoga (Francella) and massage (Crystal) were fantastic (and very necessary!). The pictures (Laura) are outstanding. We will definitely be back!

Take a pristine beach with perfect waves; a cozy jungle resort; a fantastic team made up of wonderful people and a very well structured surfing program (beginners to advanced) and you get Surf Simply. That being said, the most impressive feature of this place is how it transformed 12 strangers from different parts of the continent into friends within days. What more can be said?

3  Thank JakeJ3535
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Amazing location, excellent staff - amazing retreat. Learned a lot AND had fun. Went with my boyfriend who is a very experienced surfer. I'm very beginner. There were all levels in between, and everyone advanced in leaps and bounds throughout the week. The coaches are professional and knowledgeable; technical, but not TOO much as to be inaccessible. The casitas were lovely, clean and comfortable, the cook was excellent, and the massage therapist was first rate too. Plus, everything was taken care of - nothing to worry about except one lunch and dinner on our day off. Exceeded my expectations, and I will definitely be back!

1  Thank lspin625
Reviewed 13 October 2013

It's been 85 days since my trip to Surf Simply and I still can't stop thinking about what an amazing time I had. I often catch myself day dreaming about the entire experience and find myself raving to all of my family, friends and anyone who surfs (regardless of skill level) about how they need to check it out!

I could continue this review and rave on about...

- the super friendly, patient and extremely knowledgeable instructors Ru, Harry, Graham, Kerianne, Jessie and Oli and the friendliness of the entire Surf Simply Staff

- the perfect balance of strength and restorative yoga taught by Francela

- the best blend of surf instruction, video analysis and theory lessons to make anyone of any skill level a better surfer

- the mouth-watering food catered by the talented Chef Sarah and the delicious baked goods prepared by Lulu

- the awesome photos and videos shot by Laura

- the cleanliness and perfect ambiance of the facility

... but I won't, or I'll sound like every other Surf Simply review! ;)

All in all, it was one of my best vacations. The entire program was planned out so well, I couldn't ask for anything more. That being said, I'm already making plans to come back next year. Thank you Surf Simply for my best experience ever and see you next year!

- Jamel