“The best surf experience I have ever had”
Review of Surf Simply

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Surf Simply
London, United Kingdom
“The best surf experience I have ever had”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I've been to a few surf schools over the years and I have to say that Surf Simply clearly stands out.

Most importantly the quality of teaching is exceptional, the instructors are passionate about surfing and they are very good in passing over their knowledge. My instructor Luke was with me in the water all the time encouraging me and giving me feedback after my rides. I enjoyed the duck diving lesson with Ru and Luke, it was the first time I ever touched a short board so it was great to have a short practice in the pool before we headed out to the beach.
The video analysis sessions are very useful, they give a valuable feedback about your rides.

What I like the most about Surf Simply's teaching method is that they not only teach you how to surf but also tell you why you should surf that way.

The food was fantastic. Gem is a amazing cook, she prepared delicious meals and the restaurants we visited had tasty food and beautiful views.

The resort is cleaned every day, the chalets are super-tidy, comfortable and safe.

About the extra activities:
- I recommend taking yoga classes with Jessie, she is an amazing instructor.
- If you want to see a bit more of the area surrounding Surf Simply I suggest you take the canopy-tour, it's fun and the views are stunning.
- I found the stand up paddling with Spencer very relaxing and great fun, I will definitely have another go with it

All in all, you can see from their website, the resort and their teaching method that they put a lot of effort in the school and it shows, Surf Simply is the best surf school I've ever been to.

Thank you Gem, Ru, Becky, Jessie, Lulu, Luke, Sam, Alex and Harry, see you next year

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dunbar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We visited the guys at Surf Simply as a part of our honeymoon trip to Costa Rica and it was every bit as brilliant as we had hoped.
Gem is an amazing cook (even producing fantastic meals catering for my allergies!) and the coaching is first class. Our surfing improved more in a week there than is has in about a year surfing back at home, we even have things to practice when back home tailored specifically for us! If you want to learn to surf or improve if you already surf this is the place for you, Ru Gem and all the guys enthusiasm, energy and endless encouragement make this a fabulous and inspiring place to spend a holiday.

1 Thank Randerson1981
temple terrace
Reviewed 16 July 2010

There isn't any place to go to other than Surf Simple Resort to learn how to surf. You will be well taken care of and wishing that you didn't have to leave. The instruction that you will receive on learning how to surf will be of the highest quality. You'll feel right at home and enjoy every minute of your stay. I can't say enough about these wonderful people. I was there last year for a week and was so taken by the people and the area that my daughter and I stayed a month in the area this summer. It was just great to see everyone again and spend some time with all of them. If you are serious about learning how to surf, this is the place to go. You will have great time with great people. You can't ask for anything more.

Billy G. from Tampa

Belfast, Maine
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I had been to another "surf camp" in Costa Rica, and although had a fine time, Surf Simply
just stands out. Way more than just pushing you into the wave and yelling stand up, these guys teach you systematically, and individually. Read the other reviews, and then visit their excellent website. Don't be scared by the price, you get so much for the money. Two surf sessions a day, and great coaching, both in the water and around the lunch table going over the video tapes. Everyone is first rate, and right from the start you feel like friends dropping by for a visit, not like outsiders/guests. The size of the place is just right, to give you everything you would want but still feel intimate. I can't wait to go back

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2010

People always ask when you come home from vacation to a new place, "would you do it again?" . In the case of my familys trip to Surf Simply the answer is " I wish we didn't have to wait to next year!". Surf Simply is quite simply the best vacation I can imagine. My two sons and I had a blast learning to surf with Luke and Sam and my wife enjoyed a relaxing week of reading, sun bathing and Yoga. It really could not have been more perfect. The food was fantastic and Gem went out of her way to make special breakfasts and dinners that two mostly bread eating, non-herbivore young boys would eat. She is a fantastic chef! Ru's knowledge just seems endless and I highly recommend his podcasts. Just a fantastic trip all the way around.

London
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The care and attention from Surf Simply is absolutely unmatched, from the arrangements to get you there, to the level of tuition when you are bobbing out the back on your surf board. Start to finish it is an incredibly professional, but welcoming vacation.

Their approach is summed up by their location at Playa Guiones. It is absolutely the right beach for beginners through to intermediate surfers, while being a fantastic setting in the broader context of Nosara. The main focus has to be on the tuition, which I found to be of the very highest standard - very far removed from surf offers I have encountered/endured elsewhere. The guys - in my case, mostly Luke and Harry -are uber-professional but also great fun. I really felt I made tremendous progress during one short week, and that was in large part thanks to them.

The accommodation is really luxurious, and the food is fantastic - both the home cooked meals, and the nights out around the town. Yoga and the downtime activity were also real highlights. Again, just to reiterate, they apply tremendous care and attention from start to finish, and I could not recommend more highly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I have to say I never write Trip advisor reviews, but I want to share my experience. This was an unbelievable holiday for me, I was looking to really learn how to surf and progress in a cool and relaxing environment, and not only I found that but I have found much more. Ru and Gem have created a home away from home with an incredible attention to detail and high end comfort. I felt I was on holidays with friends and we had hired a high end villa! The thing that impressed me the most is the quality of the teaching, I challenge anyone to find a better solution, Ru, Sam and Luke's approach to teaching is simple, practical and very effective. I cant recommend it enough, I was looking for a place to learn how to surf and was not sure where, if you are looking to learn how to surf, in a unspoilt location amongst like minded people, go to surf simply.

1 Thank tombenski2010