I've been to a few surf schools over the years and I have to say that Surf Simply clearly stands out.
Most importantly the quality of teaching is exceptional, the instructors are passionate about surfing and they are very good in passing over their knowledge. My instructor Luke was with me in the water all the time encouraging me and giving me feedback after my rides. I enjoyed the duck diving lesson with Ru and Luke, it was the first time I ever touched a short board so it was great to have a short practice in the pool before we headed out to the beach.
The video analysis sessions are very useful, they give a valuable feedback about your rides.
What I like the most about Surf Simply's teaching method is that they not only teach you how to surf but also tell you why you should surf that way.
The food was fantastic. Gem is a amazing cook, she prepared delicious meals and the restaurants we visited had tasty food and beautiful views.
The resort is cleaned every day, the chalets are super-tidy, comfortable and safe.
About the extra activities:
- I recommend taking yoga classes with Jessie, she is an amazing instructor.
- If you want to see a bit more of the area surrounding Surf Simply I suggest you take the canopy-tour, it's fun and the views are stunning.
- I found the stand up paddling with Spencer very relaxing and great fun, I will definitely have another go with it
All in all, you can see from their website, the resort and their teaching method that they put a lot of effort in the school and it shows, Surf Simply is the best surf school I've ever been to.
Thank you Gem, Ru, Becky, Jessie, Lulu, Luke, Sam, Alex and Harry, see you next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surf Simply has broken the surf camp mold by providing coaching of a standard one would usually expect to receive in more mainstream sports. The makes of the Surf Simply podcast (available on iTunes) offer all inclusive package from their beautiful boutique surf coaching resort in Nosara, Costa Rica. You stay incorporates not only - video analysis, theory sessions on everything from board design to surf forecasting, pool training and in water coaching during your two fun surf session each day; but also transfers, accommodation, yoga classes, massage, fresh home cooked food and a variety of destinations in the evening from beach BBQs to stunning cliff top restaurants. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Surf Simply Costa Rica/Nosara