“Top notch Pilates in the jungle”

Pilates Nosara at Bodhi Tree Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Spas & Wellness in Nosara
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch Pilates in the jungle”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am a Pilates instructor who lives and works in NYC. I stumbled upon Pilates Nosara during a recent vacation to Costa Rica, and ended up taking two mat classes during the week I was there. Page (the owner of the studio) is an amazing teacher. Fun, confident, charismatic, creative, and challenging. She brings years of experience to the table and I truly wish she lived in NYC so I could take her class more often. Top notch experience, highly recommended.

Visited June 2014

Gulfport, Florida
“Pilates Nosara”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband surfs 24/7 and I usually am tired and sore by day 3. I found Pilates Nosara by accident and have found it to be awesome, fun and challenging. The instructors are excellent. Page can do bilingual classes which amazed me since spanish is not her native language. The cost was fantastic. Great fun and exercise! You must try especially if your spouse is like mine and only comes home to eat and then is back in the water till the sun goes down.

Priscilla
St. Petersburg, Florida

Visited June 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Helped my back, improved my surfing and I lost fat”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

33 Male - So impressed by my time with Pilates Nosara Im writing my first ever Tripadvisor review. I have a spinal fusion from an accident more than a decade ago and have suffered with stiffness and pain for several years. Im 33 and didn't want to feel like an old man so this year i have been working on improving my physical health. I took a couple of private sessions with Page to begin with and found them so good I want to keep them up. Then I started doing the reformer group classes so had a chance to meet all the other instructors. All really good and the classes are so varied and small enough that you get loads of personal interaction. Having never done Pilates before I am now a convert. I can easily reccommend Pilates Nosara to anyone in the area or just passing through. Stop by and take a class. It just might change your life for the better. Either way you'll meet some pretty cool people and get your monies worth.

p.s. I'm not a big fan of gyms but i enjoyed this. My surfing has improved heaps too and I feel that Pilates has played a pivotal role in improving my core muscles dominance over my board.

Visited April 2014
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I started pilates only 2 years ago after living here in Nosara and I have fallen in love! Whether it's the mat class or reformer, each class is amazing! As a former dancer and an everyday runner, I have found that Page, Shelly and other instructors are knowledgeable and very helpful. I'm amazed by how they can make simple suggestions to improve my form each time. My boyfriend now also takes reformer classes to help his strength and flexibility with surfing. Thank you guys so much!!

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thank you Pilates Nosara”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I rarely write reviews but have to say how wonderful Pilates Nosara is. I was in Nosara for just over a week and attended the group classes every morning at 8am and also had daily private classes using the reformer equipment. The group classes are small enough that the instructors could come round to correct your position if needed and all of the teachers are really friendly. They also varied the exercises and Page even did a whole class on a foam roller which was great, not painful like I had feared! The studio is cool and the equipment is all of excellent quality.
I had never used reformer equipment before and I really enjoyed it. The teachers are all very knowledgeable and were able to adapt the exercises to accommodate and rehab my injured foot and ankle. Also my back felt better than it has done in years and I felt physically really fit and healthy after no time at all.
I attended group classes with Page, Aushi and Jamie and had private reformer classes with Anne, Shelly and Athena. All of the teachers are excellent and I really wish I could have stayed longer....it is a shame that Nosara is so far from London and that normal life cannot involve 2 hours of pilates every day!
Thank you!
If you have not done pilates before, you should try it out. I much prefer it to yoga. And if you are pilates experienced, you will not be disappointed.

Visited March 2014