“This was an amazing Hostel experience”

Nosara Beach Hostel
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“This was an amazing Hostel experience”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I really loved everything about this hostel. I felt like all the people there were like a family! We all shared stories and shared food and cooked together ate together and did things together and even when I wanted to do things alone they would all give me ideas of things to go do. The workers were very very pura vida and we got to know them and learn a little about the tico & tica culture by speaking with them. If you want real Pura Vida and not a cheap imitation then I highly recommend *Nosara Beach Hostel*!!!!!!
Aloha Kawika

Room Tip: I like the dorms cause you get to meet people from around the world
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mariiann
nosarahostel, Owner at Nosara Beach Hostel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thanks for the review!! know that in Nosara Beach Hostel you have a home and family, every time you come to Costa Rica!! ATT: Andres, Di, Sergio, Gerardina and Javier..

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very friendly, and safe environment!!! Clean rooms, and community kitchen, stuff is very very helpful ,and fun!!! Few steps from the Ocean!!!! Great place, and very affordable!!! Enjoy it!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tatinka
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I absolutely recommend this hostel when staying in Nosara. You are steps from the beach and surf, the staff are so friendly that you think they are family, and the price is right (considering this town is pretty pricey). I will absolutley be back, and I appreciated the hospitality!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nfldbound88
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The reason I have rated this place a perfect score, is because it was simply the best time I have ever had on a trip ever. I will start with the most important part for me. The People. The staff at the hostel are some of the best people you could ever meet let alone the service that was provided was by far the best you could get in that entire area. Never mind how cheep it is to stay there. It makes you feel like you are robbing them. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to meet the staff and owner Of this amazing feature to an already amazing location. The only thing I could think of to compare it to would be heaven. Amazing people, amazing atmosphere and all around a good time to be had. The place has an amazing courtyard with big huge open communal lounge and kitchen with a giant garden with beach volleyball, table football and a dart board to keep yourself busy. It also has plenty of relaxing areas as well with a hammock never more than a few steps away. Not to mention it is probably the closest property of its kind near the beach. I have been to nosara/guiones quite a bit and I am so glad that finally there is a LOCAL run outfit like this to stay at. It was the most satisfying stay in have had there. If you end up going to Nosara/guiones and Don't pop by for at least a coffee with the amazing people there then i think in my own humble opinion you will have not have seen the best of the place, people and what that area has to offer.

Pura Vida

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Shlocal
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was travelling with my husband and 3 girlfriends and we stopped at the Big Dog restaurant to ask for directions. They recommended this hostel to us and we loved it! It's a peaceful retreat a stones-throw from the beach. This particular beach is great for beginner surfers and sun lovers! If you can make the trek down the corduroy roads, this beach and this hostel will make you feel right at home. It was very clean and welcoming. Huge kitchen with all that you'll need to make a nice meal and make some new friends at the same time.
We had a problem with the keys to our rental car and Dee was extremely helpful. She called a friend who was there almost instantly to cut us a new key. It was a stressful moment, and she put us right at ease. The owner and staff were wonderful and all 5 of us look forward to returning to this sweet place some day!! I would recommend this for singles or larger groups. I would like to make a reservation next time and bring the whole family!!
Two thumbs up all the way!! Thanks Nosara Beach Hostel!!

Room Tip: Our room slept 6 in bunk beds. Great for surfers or Yoga enthusiasts.
1 Thank Julie O
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was our first experience with Costa Rica. I traveled with a buddy and we couldn't have asked for a better experience for our first few nights. Both Andres and D went out of their way to make sure that we were having a good time. Everyone staying in the hostel was very friendly and a great atmosphere. There is access to TV, PS3 if need be, internet and an open kitchen. It's steps away from the beach and everything that you would need is in walking distance. When in Costa Rica I'm not there to hang around my room though. It served it's purpose for sleeping and had all the amenities I would expect. I highly recommend staying here if you're in Nosara/Guiones

1 Thank Jason B
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 1 night although I wish it would have been longer as I fell in love with Nosara. The hostel has clean, comfortable rooms, extra washrooms and showers and is close to the stunning beach. The owner, Andreas and one of his staff members, Dinia are both wonderful and went way out their way to help us with all we needed. As a guest, you have access to a large kitchen and many hammocks in their beautiful outdoor gardens. They also offer many games, tv, bike rentals, etc. It is well worth the bumpy roads to visit Nosara and to stay at a hostel with such a warm inviting environment.

1 Thank RMS2012