Nosara Beach Hostel
The Sunset Shack(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
Green Sanctuary Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$58
KayaSol Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
Nosara B&B Retreat(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
US$339
US$318
Hotwire.com
All reviewsbig kitchenagua tibiaminute walk from the beachsurf shopsurf schoolbig familyother guestsbeautiful beachdeehammockslabssurfingvibesboardcommunitytreessurfers
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Nosara Beach Hostel is the way to go if you are travelling alone and also trying to save money! You get the most bang for your buck. The staff is beyond awesome (especially Dinia aka D)!!!! The staff made sure my friend and I were comfortable and always were willing to fix any problems we had with our rooms or just simple trouble shooting with any of the amenities. The location is perfect right by the beach and exactly where you want to be!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sadia C
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place is amazing: excellent staff, great location, and superb amenities. It is by far the best bang for your buck in Nosara. It attracts good people as a result. I stayed in a group room with a private bathroom, and a private locker. I felt secure, and very relaxed there. The hostel is spacious and very close to the beach. You're just South of the main strip, making it very easy to get everywhere, but without the dust. If you've been to Nosara you know how bad the dust gets. This place is well protected. I can't recommend it enough. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GoodTimeDavis
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This hostel is unlike any other that I have ever stayed in. It's more like a community than a bed to sleep in. The staff is welcoming and energetic. Ask for Dee and show her love!! Coolest Tica you will ever meet.
Great rates for any budget. On one of the most amazing beaches on the planet. Great surf. Great atmosphere.
I miss it every day and will most certainly be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank IAmSamRB
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I wish I could've stayed longer! The staff was very welcoming and quickly became family. A incredible blend of fun, sun, and relaxation made the Nosara Beach Hostel the perfect spot. A 2-minute stroll to the beach was just icing on the cake!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TRACI C
Reviewed 28 January 2014

After reading positive reviews, I stayed at this place for a few days toward the beginning of my time in Nosara.
The great things I can say about the hostel are: Dinia (staff member) is wonderful--friendly, open, generous with her time and advice! (Thank you!!) The location of the hostel is just steps from the beach--perfect. The cost is reasonable. And most of the guests are pretty cool.
Areas for improvement: there are three large dogs that live in the hostel. When I stayed there (it was towards the end of the rainy season), the dogs were usually wet, smelly, and left a mess in the common areas. I like dogs, but in this case, it seemed a bit unsanitary. The kitchen isn't as clean as I would have expected for a shared area. Additionally, noise carries very easily here so if you're a light sleeper, be warned.
The overall vibe of this place is super laid-back and low-maintenance, which works for lots of folks. But if you're looking for a cleaner and quieter spot, there are other options in Nosara.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo