All reviewsatv tourzip lininglaid backcosta ricarussellcondotamarindocustomizeaccommodationssurfing
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Everything I could have imagined for my family's first trip to Costa Rica! The place was a dream to stay in- Breathtaking views (even from the shower), comfortable and luxurious! The personal chefs created amazing, dishes with fresh foods and outstanding flavor and presentation. The tours were so personal and serine- From the waterfalls, to the horseback riding and zip lining. Russell was an amazing surf coach for not only me but my six and four year old as well! Everyone was on time, professional and best of all, super friendly and accommodating! Just got back, and we're already planning our next trip with them! Thanks Costa Rica Surfing Company!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Our family of ten enjoy adventure vacations and experiencing local culture and foods. Russell and Stephanie are experts and organized an itinerary that included everything we wanted in a perfect vacation. The condo, #502 Crystal Sands, was fabulous with all amenities anyone could require. We spent spare time relaxing on the deck, listening and watching the ocean, which changed each day. Great way to enjoy a morning cup of coffee or relax with a glass of wine in the evening. Absolutely, picture perfect. A 40 minute walk along the beach (timed with low tide) took us into Tamarindo. We visited shops, restaurants and relaxed on the beach. With Russell's expertise, seven of our group learned how to surf, and they are looking forward to using their new found skills. Russell and Stephanie arranged tours/excursions for Volcano and Waterfall (a must see). Catamaran Coastal Tour - so relaxing, great food and the crew so much fun. Zip Lining/ATV tour - well....zip lining upside down is definitely a new experience. loved it. Russell and Stephanie, this review is later than I wanted but had a difficult time putting into words how fantastic you are at organizing and making us feel a part of your beautiful Costa Rica. Our family can't say enough about you and the experience/tours you provided and are already talking about our next visit. We will definitely be in touch with our new friends, Russell and Stephanie. Thank you so much. The gang from Puslinch, Kitchener and London, Ontario, Canada

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2016

The trip was awesome. Russell and Steph do an wonderful job. The condo was nicer than it looked on-line (hard to believe) and Chef Roi was excellent. Surfing instruction was great. Stephanie's photos of the trip helped keep the memories. We will be back!

Highlights included the sunset cruise where we saw two whales and a baby. Also seeing spider monkeys at the volcano trip was memorable.

Room Tip: Best ocean view this side of Hawaii
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

My wife and I chose to use Costa Rica Surfing Company for our Surf/Yoga vacation in Tamarindo. When it seemed that our trip might be derailed at the start due to airline issue, Russell and Stephanie came through in spades! They managed to juggle our itinerary at the last minute allowing us to arrive and depart a day later than planned. What a relief to know that we had such experts working for us in Tamarindo.

During our stay the excursions and arrangements made on our behalf by Russell and Stephanie were absolutely first class. The accommodations were beautiful, Chef Juan was amazing, and my wife could not have had a better surf instructor than Russell.

I was also struggling with my surfing after a long hiatus (4 years), but by the end of the week, Russell had me confidently dropping into over shoulder height waves. He's literally given the joy of surfing back to me, and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

Finally, I would be remiss it I didn't say that the best part of our trip was the friendship and hospitality that Russell and Stephanie provided. There may be less expensive ways to visit Costa Rica, but their companionship on our vacation was priceless! This will definitely be the first of many trips to Tamarindo, and I hope Russell and Stephanie will be part of all of them.

Room Tip: The fourth floor condo has a beautiful view of the ocean and the walk to the beach is extremely short and entirely through the resort.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2016

As a long-term adventurer, I've always created and managed my own trips as it’s been my experience that most trip-service companies tend to either error on the side of over-activity or the direct opposite. Russell and Stephanie are masters of the art of balancing leisure and activity creating a beautiful vacation. From the very first communications to me writing this review, CRSC has proven to be a customer-centric company with a very friendly and comfortable air.

Russell, owner/operator, provides easy-to-understand/easy-to-apply surf instruction that makes surfing fun for all ability levels. His passion for surfing, Costa Rica and for life in general is contagious and genuine. In addition, his company provides a myriad of other excursions that are not only worth the money but are amazing experiences that will last a lifetime.

If you're considering visiting Costa Rica then please give Russell a call. I guarantee that you'll be back on this website afterwards singing CRSC your praises.

Your wave is waiting.