“Had to extend our stay.”

Nosara Playa Garza Hotel
Ranked #11 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Nosara
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Originally we had only booked one night here as we did not know what our plans were going to be but we had to extend that to 3 nights. Juri and Chiara and Pluff (the dog) are amazing. Garza is outside of the "main strip" in Nosara (which I prefer). It is on a nice quiet beach (with beautiful stars at night) and has a small market near by. We took the public bus out late at night and Juri and Chiara were up waiting for us and were extremely welcoming and might be the easiest people to talk to, probably ever. Their food is AMAZING and they make it very easy with their running tabs (you just settle up at the end of your stay). It was very clean and the pool is a nice alternative to the ocean (if you prefer pools over oceans). This is the first place we stayed at during our trip and it set the bar high (turned out to be unbeatable!) They don't take credit cards (as most places in Costa Rica don't) but there are 2 banks near by if you need them.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin_VancouverBC

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a fabulous stay. I am a single female traveler and both Juri and Chiara made my stay very enjoyable. My transfer didn't arrive at the hotel until 10:30 pm and they were up waiting for me. Meals were reasonably priced and very good. They kept a running tab for me so I just payed out at the end. People are always coming and going so you can make new friends. Rooms were comfortable and clean. When I stay there again I will definitely splurge for the AC which was $10 per day. If you want to travel around I suggest renting a car as Playa Garaza doesn't have a strong night life or many restaurants. The beach is a short walk away and very nice. If you are a light sleeper I suggest ear plugs as the roosters are crowing pretty early. There was no safe in my room which would have been the only area of improvement in my mind.

One thing I didn't realize about Costa Rica before I arrived is that most places don't accept credit cards so plan accordingly!

Thank you so much Juri and Chiara. I can't wait for next year!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

You can't review this hotel without mentioning Yuri e Chiara... They're just that special. :) The place is very close to the beach, and the beach is what you can expected from a beach will be all yours! Be aware however that you'll need to drive around 20km on a dirt road, but you won't regreat it! Anyway, you'll be 10-15 minutes away from Playa Guiones which is a must! Enjoy being away from everything at nice place where Yuri e Chiara will make you feel like you're visiting a couple of old friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The young couple who manage the hotel, Juri and Chiara, were wonderful hosts during the week which we spent at the Playa Garza Hotel. They are both excellent cooks and their meals were scrumptuous, in the Italian idiom. We had no car and ate all our meals in the hotel, but that was definitely not a hardship. The swimming pool offered workouts, and we enjoyed walks along the lengthy beach each sunrise and sunset. The option of fishing was there for those who so desired. Juri and Chiara speak four languages and are able to relate easily with people of all ages. They make everyone feel very welcome.

Dr. Graeme Mount and Dr. Joan Mount, Canada.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Walking distance to a remote but excellent beach, you cant get it much better thanks this. The staff is really nice and helpful, doing their best to make your stay perfect. The rooms are big but were not really clean and of course there were bugs. However, for this price on a top location, perfect deal! Go here if you want to relax and get away of all tourists!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Youngcoupl81
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I have just left what I would call paradise!
When I saw this charming B & B online I was immediately taken by it and when I got there it was exactly what I was expecting.
The location it's amazing the customer service was great and the food is to die for..... I cannot wait to be back there it is my new favorite holiday destination!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Yogi121212
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My travels have never kept me in one spot for long. This time around I found myself wanting to stay put and become a temporary 'local' and here in Garza, Guanacaste, Costa Rica a quaint fishing village on the Nicoya Peninsula I made that happen.

New friends, new experiences all made possible because here at the hotel Playa Garza, two young Italians made the experience more Pura Vida. From purchasing a fishing kayak to catch dinner, surfing secret spots and not so secret to gathering coconuts and other fresh fruit.

If you are ever travelling the Nicoya, stop by Hotel Playa Garza (6k south of Guioness/Nosara) grab some linguine alla langosta or a Capricciosa pizza, catch the setting sun over Bahia Garza and enjoy a late night movie on the 8'x8' screen with an Imperial lager. Spend the night and then spend the day casting line on the Pacific Ocean. Maybe you'll be so lucky to catch a hammerhead shark. Or not

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo