“Amazing!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 12 April 2011

The Harmony Hotel was an amazing hotel. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Each morning started with the most amazing and fresh breakfast. The pool was quiet and relaxing. The yoga classes were great and there was a good variety. The beach was right behind the hotel and just beautiful. I can't wait to go back again.
*Playa Guiones is a very chill surf town so there is not a big night life.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kschultz6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 11 April 2011

This was our second stay at Harmony - I was there in January with my teenage daughter, and then again on this April spring break trip with my husband, and two daughters. I absolutely love Harmony, as does my family. We cannot wait to return and highly recommend Harmony Hotel. I lead garden tours all over the world and multiple trips per year to Costa Rica. Thus I have stayed many places in Costa Rica ... and Harmony is very well done. The ambiance is Costa Rican versus catering to the tourists to the extent the culture is lost ... Harmony strikes a perfect balance. The rooms are very comfortable, the shampoo and shower gel is wonderful. There are towels at the pool, and there are towels available on the way to the beach. And a cold water jug on the way to the beach to refill water bottles. Harmony does an excellent job ensuring the comforts, yet still keeping the ambiance within the culture of the area. And the howler monkeys were a delightful serenade each morning. My husband and daughter used the local zipline and said it was one of the best in Costa Rica. And breakfast is amazing!!!! The spa was very relaxing and wonderful too. We stayed in a bungalow, and having our own cabin was wonderful as very, very quiet. We did not hear anyone, yet we know the hotel was filled to capacity. And loved the patio with the hammock and chairs. Wireless in rooms too. Drinks at bar very reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank HiddenTreasuresTours
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My family (husband and two sons 12 & 13 yrs old) and I recently stayed at the Harmony Hotel over spring break. Although the price is a little steep, it was definitely nicer than anything we saw in Nosara...you get what you pay for. It was a great hotel all around. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bungalow which we stayed in was very clean, spacious and the a/c was delightful at the end of a hot day! Ironically, there were never any bugs around the hotel...however, we stayed at another hotel down the street the last night in Nosara because the Harmony was booked and it was full of bugs inside and out!!! The security station headed to the beach was very convenient to store your surf boards and it was nice to have security on the beach. We were told to never leave our stuff on the beach, but with the security right there we often were all in the ocean at the same time away from it. The complimentary beach cruiser bikes are fun and we used them a lot to ride through town. The breakfast was delicious!!! And for being included in the room rate, it is a very generous menu to choose from! The smoothies and juice bar are awesome too! The yoga and pilates classes are good...but, definitely geared to accommodate all levels. Don't miss the cute little boutique Bazzar at the entrance of the driveway to the hotel! Overall, great hotel and I will stay there again when we return!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelbee78
American in Paris
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I traveled all the way from France to stay at The Harmony Hotel. I spent 2 weeks.True, The Harmony is not cheap but neither I am I! I loved the hotel grounds, rooms, food, drinks, and staff. I was traveling by myself and felt very comfortable hanging out at the hotel and beach. There are free international calls plus free computer use so one can stay in touch with the outside world. I spent my days taking surfing lessons, taking yoga classes and being on the beach. The only disappointing thing I can say about the hotel was that the coffee was not good. If you want stronger coffee, go to the Juice bar. I was there the terrible Tsunami day and hotel let me know what was going on with the Tsunami warning for the Nosara area. Fortunately, Costa Rica was spared. I am planning to go back to the Harmony next year.

Room Tip: I prefer the Coco rooms to the suites.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tizzylish65
Virginia
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The is our second stay at the HH. We liked it so much last year, we returned again. The service is top notch, the rooms are excellent, and the food is wonderful. They will go out of your way to make sure all of your needs are met. It is also nice having a private beach access with a security guard. You can walk to the beach in under a minute, and then be back to enjoy a cold drink, the pool, and even a spa treatment.

We hope to return again next year!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
HS2WAX
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Hi,Im kind of late.This is the place to be.I came down with family and friends.This was their first time in Costa Rica. Thay said Thomas you found Paradise in Central America.Ive been traveling from NYC to Nosara since the mid 90s.Always at the same spot. Prior to Harmony Hotel it was Villa Taype with a different owner.Now the place is lush and upper class for the surfer or a guy who loves the beach or just chill out like me!The beach is about 30 yards from the rooms a cute path.The food is incredible at Harmony,the breakfast is out of this world.tThere are many restaurants in Nosara there all good if you know where you're going to.
My wife has been there with me before kids.Now the kids are 2 and 6, so we are so excited to get the down to Harmony Febuary 2012 {took care of that already}.The staff and the people on the beach are just perfect for young kids there friendly.Then the kids will be 3 and about 7 so its a perfect Family Trip.
"Pura Vida" Thomas W NYC seeya in FEB 2012

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank HS2WAX
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 March 2011

My husband and children and I missed our plane back to the States and couldn't get a flight out for another 3 days. The first night we stayed at a basic hotel in Montezuma, and then wanted to move a little closer to the Liberia Airport. We didn't have the time or the energy to research much and decided to pick a place in our guidebook that looked nice and not worry about the cost. Our first night we stayed in a two bedroom bungalow and the second in a one bedroom bungalow. We actually liked the one bedroom just as well if not more because it had a private enclosed patio with an outdoor shower.

I agree with a previous poster that it is quite expensive; more like Hawaii prices. We had previously stayed in Villas in Dominical and Santa Teresa that averaged out to about $225/night and were gorgeous.

That said, we had a wonderful experience. The accommodations were great, the staff was friendly, the grounds well-kept and beautiful. The beach is awesome and the pool was especially nice in that you could find shade all day long. The food was very good as well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family