The Harmony Hotel
The Sunset Shack(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
KayaSol Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
Green Sanctuary Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$58
Nosara B&B Retreat(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$73
Jungles Edge(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$57
Teak Pacific Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$90
US$506
US$242
Hotels.com
All reviewsjuice baroutdoor showeryoga classescosta ricaplaya guionesshort walknicest hotelour honeymoonrainy seasonhear everythingsurf boardsliberia airportsurfing beachdirt roadbug sprayfruit platterlow key
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and my husband and I stayed at Harmony from February 25th - March 2nd. Let me just say that it was one of the best trips I've ever taken (excluding the fact that it was our honeymoon)! The staff was incredible! Most of the guys remembered our names after just the first day. The front desk staff planned everything for us, all we had to do was tell them what we wanted to do and they took care of it. The restaurant and bar staff were very attentive and when we would just hang at the bar the guys working genuinely talked with us like we had known them a while. The food was so fresh and delicious and the drinks were amazing. I recommend a few pina coladas. The rooms were somewhat simple but always clean and after being out all day it was so nice to come back and just relax in the outdoor hammock with the doors and windows open. Like other reviews mention, the water was very pure and refreshing and it was nice not having to worry about the purification. Even the staff at other hotels in the area agreed that Harmony was the best place to stay. I think that says a lot when the locals prefer Harmony Hotel over others. While we were visiting we surfed, rode horses and kayaked and each activity was just as awesome as the next. The kayaking was exceptionally great in my opinion since we got to hang out at Nosara beach, which was completely deserted except for us. Overall I loved Harmony Hotel and I have recommended to basically everyone I've talked to. When we return to the Pacific side of Costa Rica we will definitely be staying at Harmony!

Room Tip: The bungalows are very nice since you're on the outskirts of the resort. I would definitely recommend staying in a room with an outdoor shower. We had one and it was very convenient.
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was the first hotel (out of 9) during our 4 week stay in Costa Rica.
Excerpt from my daily log:
Day 1. Arrived about 3.30pm at Harmony Hotel. Set in lush tropical garden 2 minutes from beach. Large open air bars and seating areas. Staff friendly. Rooms eco/rustic style but comfortable. Good bed. Air conditioned and ceiling fans. Free international phone calls. No TV.
Put in room 10. Noisy kitchen fan next door. Complained. Will change room tomorrow. Ate at hotel - food and wine disappointing but wife's sushi was good. WiFi mostly not working. Good nights sleep.
Day 2
Pancakes for breakfast - good. Went for walk on beach and had a fruit drink at la Luna restaurant and made a reservation for the evening. Wife had a surfing lesson. Temperature very hot, must be well over 30C. Moved to room 5 - much quieter. Sat by pool and walked across the beach to la luna. Watched the sunset and had a very nice meal. Taxi back to hotel. Wifi working properly now.

Day 3
Good breakfast. Getting to like this place now. Sat by pool most of the day. Nice lunch here. Again went to La Luna to watch the sunset and had pizza. This place (La Luna) of an evening is close to paradise.

Overall we were very happy with the Harmony Hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 10
1  Thank Roger K
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I cannot say enough amazing things about this hotel!!!
First and foremost the fact that they have an incredible water purification system so the water is not only drinkable - but delicious, which is very unusual when traveling to a country in Central America.
The staff are incredible, friendly and approachable, helpful and knowledgeable.
The food is UNREAL - absolutely the best hotel food I've ever had... we recommended the restaurant to anyone we met who wasn't staying at Harmony and pumped into those same people several times throughout our trip - they kept coming back and having every meal at Harmony!
The actual hotel grounds are beautiful, adding to the natural secluded feel of this resort, many birds and other creatures wandering about. And while this hotel is technically not ON the beach... it is as close to the beach as possible! There is a law that you cannot build closer than 500m to the beach - which keeps away those awful huge resorts and makes this community feel off-the-beaten-path and very reclusive (in a good way!).
The community is fabulous - there are SO many things to do even if you aren't a surfer! I recommend Miss Sky Canopy Tour, stand-up paddling, yoga at the Healing Centre and Howling Monkey Adventures!

1  Thank Trishie F
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was in Costa Rica to totally disconnect (except for my ipad) and relax. This hotel was so amazing. The yoga was fantastic, the food fresh, pool relaxing and beautiful and the juice bar had a cool vibe. The ex-pat community is also frequently found at the yoga studio and the juice bar which was a great way to meet people. Breakfast was included each day was a full a la carte selection. The best is the private beach access and being able to use the bikes. Very few resorts in the area are that close to the beach while still feeling secluded and private. It was close to a small downtown and i loved the location. Because i didn't rent a car the bike usage was key and really helped me get around. The only complaint is no over-head lighting and no full length mirror. I thought for the price that this should have been included. But the amazing back patio with outdoor shower was amazing!!! i never used the shower in the bathroom. The staff was warm and friendly! Definitely will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Aubrey1
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed at the Harmony Hotel a few times and have thoroughly enjoyed every stay. The location is one of the nicest in nosara with a quiet path right to be beach. As an avid surfer, I enjoy the luxury of having my board stored and guarded 24 hrs a day at the entrance to the beach path. The hotel is very safe and free of theft, which is not the case with most of Costa Rica. Each room is equipped with an electric safe not that it is needed. The rooms are very nice and cleaned frequently. The bed mattresses are nicer then any you will find in the states. Most rooms have an inside and private outside shower that flow with purified drinkable water that is produced on site. The drinking water that flows out of every tap not only helps to keep you hydrated but helps to reduce the number of plastic bottles that otherwise end up in a landfill. The pool is filled with slightly salty water that I enjoyed because it leaves your skin feeling smooth as silk instead of chlorine that eats your swimsuit and dries your skin. The staff is unparalleled in kindness so much that each year i visit i feel more and more like part of the Harmony family. My wife is kept extremely happy in yoga classes and the spa portion of the hotel so she is not angrily waiting for me while i am surfing. The food is quite good with many ingredients being produced by the hotel. A large breakfast is included so you only have to buy 2 meals a day at the most. This year we traveled to Nosara on a beautiful flight from San Jose that was quick and easy. In past years we flew in and out of the Liberia airport to which the hotel runs a direct shuttle. All in all this is the nicest most relaxing and environmentally friendly place to spend a vacation in costa rica. We are already planning our trip back next year and can't wait.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sam M
harmonyNosara, Manager at The Harmony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your many stays with us at the Harmony Hotel in Nosara and we look forward to having you back soon. Thanks for pointing out the great things of your experience such as our staff, our sustainability practices and the room. It was also great of you to point out how Harmony and Nosara obviously are the perfect spot for surfing, but that the non-surfers in the family have a variety of other great activities to choose from. Of course there is our healing center/spa with yoga and wellness treatments, but also the tours and activities in the area like canopy tours, stand up paddling in the Nosara River or fishing. Thanks again. We will see you next year. Saludos,