The Harmony Hotel
The Sunset Shack(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$102
KayaSol Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$198
US$193
Jungles Edge(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$57
The Gilded Iguana Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$203
Living Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$121
Travelocity
Boutique Hotel Lagarta Lodge(Nosara)
US$250
Hotels.com
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsjuice baroutdoor showeryoga classescosta ricaplaya guionesshort walknicest hotelour honeymoonrainy seasonhear everythingsurf boardsliberia airportsurfing beachdirt roadbug sprayfruit platterlow key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2013

First I must say that I am fortunate enough to have stayed at many of the other Cayuga resorts and my expectations were set for a bit more tranquility (I did not travel with children). The pool is almost always filled with families.

The hotel is a bit pricey based on the rooms, but the location is impossible to beat. No TV, AC works fine, and private enclosed patio with outdoor shower in each of the room and private bungalows for most rooms.The hotel has a filtration system which is a big plus, so the water is drinkable throughout the entire site

It is close to town and you can walk to almost anywhere you want to go. It is also close to the beach and they have place you can store your boards so that you only have to walk a short distance with them (really nice when your arms are tired).

The best thing about Harmony is the staff in the restaurant and breakfast comes with the room and has lots of tasty options, and is a nice way to start off the day. The juice bar is a must, fabulous concoctions of fruit juices and smoothies and light salads. They also make amazing cocktails to start off your day.

We also had a few massages and all were top notch. The spa could be enhanced so you could just chill afterwards

Room Tip: Ask to have one of the bungalows away from the pool for a little bit more peace and quiet if you like to sleep in at all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Squirreletta1
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Harmony. I just spent seven days at the property and had a wonderful time. The location, staff and food are great. Everyone at the hotel is polite and helpful, especially one gentleman named Dennis. He was a pleasure to interact with on a daily basis, and always had something nice to say and a kind word. I hope the owners realize his value and try to keep him for a long time. This isn't the Four Seasons, but I consider that a compliment. I will certainly be back, hopefully next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay here and the entire staff was incredible. I was here to celebrate my 40th birthday and I couldn't ask for a better location. I can't say enough great things about this little hotel - location to the beach is awesome, the rooms are small (cocos room) but quaint and everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The night of my birthday, they definitely made it special for me with a decorated table of candles and flowers and a hand-signed card from the staff. The only downsides: there is only one restaurant here, the food was decent but nothing that stood out; there are no drawers in the room (a small closet with shelves) which isn't a huge deal but I like to be able to unpack my stuff into drawers; walkways go directly by the room so it didn't feel very private at times (probably should have booked a bungalow). But I would definitely come back to The Harmony again! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: The cocos rooms are nice but the bungalows are stand-alone with no attached walls to other rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCTraveler91
Reviewed 20 September 2013

It's a looonng ride to Nosara but on arrival we were greeted with cool towels and ginger iced tea. The lobby is open air and sets the tone for the hotel. Beds were HUGE and so comfortable, I loved the outside showers (don't think I took 1 shower inside) and the green, high end, personal products in each room. The on site yoga classes and spa were heavenly as was the fresh food (forever addicted to eggs and black beans for breakfast). The hotel staff is amazing - one waiter even walked down to the market to buy me some Lizano sauce because I loved it so much.
This is a quiet spot so if you have kids I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank liecel
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I'm not sure I even want to write this review because I'd love to keep this place all to myself.
We spent three days (not nearly enough) at Harmony for our honeymoon. Our first two stops in Costa Rica were Montezuma and Malpais. Nosara and Harmony were by far our favorite. We both can't wait to come back!

We sprung for a bungalow. It was amazing. We had a giant 600 year old tree bordering our patio and lizards like to hang out on it. Totally cool. Great rocking chairs, a hammock and outdoor shower. Room was simply designed and clean. Totally our style. Red Flower products are awesome. Caught a glimpse of the Coco Rooms off the main part of the hotel and those looked great too!

Beach. 5 minute walk no joke! The path was pretty and filled with black and red crabs who would go running to their holes as you passed by. You could hear them scampering. I miss them already. Beach entrance had a towel station and shower nearby which was nice. We went every morning before breakfast. Had coffee, watched the surfers and collected shells. Mainly had the beach to ourselves. Playa Pelada was walking distance along the beach. Had dinner there one night at La Luna (also GREAT!). Wish we had more time to explore that area. Sunset was gorgeous. Only tip I have is to bring bug spray. Sand fleas ate me up our first trip out.

Food. Everything we ate here was plentiful and delicious. Breakfast which included coffee, juice, fruit plate AND a dish of your choosing was top notch. Food was fresh and well thought out. Tried as many cocktails, smoothies, and fizzes that we could fit into 3 days. We ate at the juice bar for our final meal. Totally delicious and we spotted 4 monkeys in the mango tree right outside. Would have been a great spot to sit and relax all day.

Property was gorgeous. Pool was awesome. We got massages which were very nice and relaxing. One of the best massages I've ever had. There was a huge tub in the room and we weren't sure if we were able to use it. Looked luxurious, so definitely something to look into if you book a massage.

Staff. I can't say enough about the staff here. There was always somebody around. They were all very attentive and took the time to talk to you a bit. They seemed happy to be there too, which is important. I seriously hope they are all still working there when we go back. Oh yes, we will be back for sure. This place is top notch!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any room you choose. We had 12. It was great. Cocos looked nice. Heard that monkeys hang around bungalow 14.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kate p
Cayuga S, Manager at The Harmony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Kate P,
greetings from Nosara and Guiones Beach. Thank you for sharing your little "secret" with other travelers on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your great review and are sure it will be very helpful for travelers looking for a "Harmony style" hotel. We are happy that you liked the simplicity of the decor and the taste of the food in our restaurant. But we are especially happy about your nice comments about the service and our staff. We feel that that is what makes the difference and creates the magic of Harmony. We would love for you to come back real soon and yes, we will still be here for you. Saludos,