“We happened upon paradise...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nosara
Hotel Casa Romantica
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“We happened upon paradise...”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I lucked into a room at this hotel as we were traveling on our honeymoon. We showed up in Nosara with no room reservation and were turned away by 5 places. We stumbled in desperate for a room and as luck would have it they had a cancellation that morning. We thought we might stay one night, but we loved the place so much, it turned into three! The room was clean and had AC, but the pool area and our covered porch were so beautiful we spent very little time inside. The breakfast buffet is included and is fabulous. The open air dining area is a great place to meet the other guests and make friends for new adventures. This place has the closest access to the beach and is the perfect spot if you like to surf. We were so sad to leave when it was time to continue our adventure... If given the chance, we would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We were in room 10, which apparently is the most requested. It's the closest to the beach acces...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San José, Costa Rica
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My family and i just returned from our yearly stay at Casa Romantica and we love it it more every year we go. The owners and staff are always extremely friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure your vacation is the best. I have had the chance to stay at many other places in the area, but once we found Casa Romantica, we will not stay any place else. The reasons are simply , you are steps away from away from a incredibly beautiful beach( private path from pool area), awesome pool, laid back atmosphere, best restaurant in the area, consistent and committed staff, great surfing, and incredible wildlife. Thanks again Casa Romantica and we cant wait for next year.

Room Tip: families ask for the "casita"
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We didn't stay at the hotel but stopped here for dinner. It was the best meal we had in Nosara. Wonderfully intimate, nice atmosphere, good service, great food. May stay at the hotel next time we're there--loved the pool area, hammocks and proximity to the beach.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Cartago, Costa Rica
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed just one night at Casa Romantica and were very disappointed. The first room we were iin had and iguana or some other animal in the ceiling so we asked if we could move to another. The second room was not air-conditioned but we were still charged the same rate. The bathroom door did not close and the toilet did not shut off unless I took the top off and fiddled with it. The location was nice but the beach very hot with no shade near the water. I think this hotel used to be nice but we found it a little dirty and overpriced for Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Check out the room before paying!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Tenafly
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I have stayed at Casa Romantica three times and what is so striking is how people seem to go back there again and again. It's such a safe, both physically and emotionally, and friendly, family-run, cosy place. I have stayed there alone twice, and feel no hesitation about it. It's easy, even as a middle aged woman, to belong.
Besides the perfect location (a short walk to one of the most beautiful beaches, a short walk into the village - one does not need a car) and really excellent food, the staff are so lovely - It's like staying with a family.
The rooms have AC, if you choose, a fridge, large comfy beds, coffee machine, and are cleaned daily. The breakfasts are terrific and the pool wonderful. All one needs is a sarong, a bathing suit, a hat, and plenty to read.
I really find it all very special and intend to go back again and again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Over-priced hotel that is one step above a hostel.

Highs:
Great location just off the beach
Restaurant has great (dinner) food
Pool area is indeed romantic
Good surf

Lows:
Main floor rooms have AC but are dirty and small
Second floor rooms for some reason don't have AC
Rooms don't have blinds which makes for early mornings (and little privacy)
Breakfast is brutal (a little fruit, stale baguettes and not much else)
Toilet seat was much too small for the toilet bowl (!?)
Bathroom door would not close due to location of the sink
At $108 USD per night cost/benefit is terrible

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Remo42, General Manager at Hotel Casa Romantica, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear M and D
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience.
I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. However we appreciate all feedbacks, good and bad once.
My name is Remo, the hotel manager. I am the one who checked you in and I feel responsible for your experience at our place.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

Please let me address your specific points of complain:
All rooms at our hotel are different in size and equipment in order to address different needs of our clients. Therefore we also have different prices for the rooms.
Your experience made me once again point out to our cleaning staff of the importance of their commitment.
I personally checked all doors and made sure all are closing properly.
You might also be interested to know that we are working to install window blinds on the upper level to provide more privacy.
Our breakfast with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will address your experience to our morning staff. However I am pleased that you had an enjoyable dinner at our restaurant during your one night stay.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience our place as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly if you are traveling to Nosara again so that I may personally take care of you on your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Costa Rica was most enjoyable.

We wish you happy Holiday and all the best for you and your coming baby.

Remo and the Casa Romantica Staff
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The location next to the beach was perfect. The staff, especially owner and Juan Carlos, were very friendly and helpful. We were very comfortable and pleased with the large and clean room for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple