“Simple, relaxing.”
Review of Living Hotel

Living Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Nosara
Reviewed 8 March 2014

LOVED my stay at the Living Hotel. It was a beautiful location. The rooms were small, but clean and simple. The Living Cafe at the hotel had the best smoothies and healthy treats in town. Divine! There was some noise with the Howler Monkeys waking us up in the morning…but I can't think of anything more Costa Rican and delightful! The hotel has a very calm and peaceful vibe. I would definitely stay here again. Walking distance to several great restaurants. Walk to the beach.

Room Tip: I would request a private room and not one in the Rancho.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The Living Hotel made my stay happy. Tranquil, nestled in nature, and restful. The staff are friendly and helpful. The pool is inviting and pristine. There is care in the details too...the carefully placed hammocks, the proximity of the outdoor shower to the surf storage, the private outdoor sitting spaces and the cafe with healthy and delicious food. Access to bikes, healing massage and help with travel details. Thank you Living Hotel.....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Absolutely LOVED the Living Hotel. Gorgeous natural surroundings, great clean pool with lots of lounge chairs, very accommodating staff, clean rooms, super chill common space that's covered - if a rain storm strikes you can have a front row seat from a hammock or a beanbag chair. Exceptional value for the price. Would recommend the Living Hotel to any nature lovers looking to relax and to be right in the heart of Guinoes. Right across the street from a little grocery store where you can pick up food, booze and travel essentials. Will definitely return here if I one day make it back to the beautiful Nosara.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

While searching for a place to stay upon arriving to Playa Guioness, I came across Living hotel just by a chance, but fell in love with the place. Therefore, on my 2nd visit to Playa Guioness, I knew exactly where I'm going to stay - at the Living hotel.
Location - on the main road of Playa Guioness, there's a groccerry store right across the street. it's only downfall is that it is not on the beach. it's like 12 minute walk from the beach.
Hotel - very nice, well maintained, clean, peaceful and quite. with a nice pool right in the center.
Breakfast - included and it is just great. with a personal touch for every visitor.
Rooms - fair room size, with a nice porch and a hammock for perfect relaxation.

Room Tip: most of the rooms are facing the pool, some are at a back row. depending on your preferences, if you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My stay at the 'Living Hotel' was just hands down pure pleasure. Where do I start ? The rooms are beautifully clean and from the very comfortable beds with great pillows and crisp linen to the great water pressure in the shower, my stay here was pure bliss. The staff were more than attentive and as a solo traveller, I felt really taken care of - nothing was too much trouble.
The front of house team, Michelle in particular, seem to have time for everyone, 'no question too small', which was lovely. Maybe it's because it's a smaller hotel that I really got that ' one to one' feeling. I think so :-) The ambiance is that of total health, relaxation and the gardens are beautifully kept so my lovely terrace and hammock area had just the right amount of privacy.

I had a few amazing spa treatments - massage and facial - and the spa was cool, comfortable and the perfect way to indulge. I could just feel the stress slipping away at the therapists touch. The facial (with local honey, a first for me !) was amazing and although I'm staying elsewhere for a week, I'll come back to have another facial before I leave. I'm actually now regretting having booked into somewhere else. If I'd known how good Living was, I would have just stopped here for my whole time in Nosara. Even if you're not a guest, make a point of booking a spa treatment, you won;t be disappointed !!

The Living Cafe is also awesome !! The Super Green Smoothie was like drinking a big glass of clean - I swear I could feel the goodness in every mouthful !! I also did a few of the yoga classes in the Rancho and again, felt totally looked after - very good teacher who was attentive to all of us doing the class.
What else can I say ?? I arrived feeling completely stressed out and 7 days later I feel like a different person. Smiling all over :-)

The only downside: I have to wait a whole year to come back...

Room Tip: All the rooms are as beautifully located as each other, lovely little garden/hammock areas with each...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank melba21
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nosara is undoubtedly one of the most magical places I've visited-My time spent in town and around the beaches was incredibly relaxing and laid back. The only downfall was my visit to The Living Hotel's 'Living Spa'.
Upon arrival to make a reservation, myself and my partner were asked to wait inside the Spa reception area while the receptionist took her time having a smoke outside. Obviously our customer patronage didn't take precedence. After waiting 5 minutes inside I made a reservation for 1 pedicure the following day.
After researching the hotel, it seemed like the establishment prided itself on health and having a healthy lifestyle which confused me given our surprising welcome.

The next day I showed up for my appointment and was escorted to a room with my esthetician. The Living Hotel surroundings are gorgeous- it truly looks like a charming place to stay,
but If you are looking for a nice place to be comfortable and relax while receiving a mani or pedicure treatment, The Living Spa might not be for you.
I was seated in a hard wooden porch chair that was uncomfortable to say the least, especially to sit in for an hour and 15 minutes. There was no ambiance in the room, no music, no sound, there was also no light which made me a bit nervous. Awkward silences and the creaking of the porch chair filled the void of awkward silence. The room was small and cluttered and a little bit unkempt. The decor on the walls looked nice and it smelt lovely, was just a bit messy.
Half way through my pedicure, my esthetician cut my toe. Ignoring what she had done, and without apology she continued my treatment while my toe slowly bled. It started to bleed quite a bit to which she said "just put it back in the water" motioning to the plastic cold water tub my feet were soaking in prior to the treatment.
The pedicure lasted about 3 days before it started to chip away.

I really wanted to love The Living Spa, and was really excited about my treatment the day prior. But it just didn't live up to expectation.
It seems like a lovely hotel and lovely surrounding, albeit The Spa experience was disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TAObch
LivingBoutiqueHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Living Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

We are glad that you loved your time in Nosara. It is a magical place. I regret that your time at Living Hotel did not enhance your stay.

You are right, Living Hotel strives to be a place that offers a relaxing, rejuvinating environment and smoking is not part of that formula. We had that that little area by reception for the few guests and employees who smoke, but I must agree with you it is not in line with the rest of the hotel and our goal to promote a healthy and more active lifestyle. Therefore, we will no longer allow smoking in that little section anymore, making the entire property a smoke free oasis. We thank you for reminding us what we want to share with everyone who comes to visit Living Hotel.

We have never had a complaint about our spa, in fact I am happy to say that everyone who leaves is thrilled with their spa treatments. We have put love and care into trying to create a space that is inviting and relaxing, but we appreciate you observations and will take them into account to make future experiences better for our guests. Living Hotel is a work in progress as we continue to improve and find ways to better provide our clients with a memorable and blissful moment, whether you are a guest of the hotel or visiting Living Spa or Living Cafe.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had the pleasure of spending my last night here after doing a yoga retreat close by. Michelle welcomed me in with her loving presence.
The property is beautiful, I loved my room and I had great neighbors.
When I return, I will split my time between the Living Hotel and the yoga spa.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo