“Great Natural Enviroment”
Review of Living Hotel

Living Hotel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I really enjoyed my short stay here. Unbelievable landscaping, a great pool, and a clean comfortable room combined to provide an excellent experience. The hammock outside my room and the smoothie bar were also appreciated amenities. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here recently, just one night (because of the itinerary). Tonly bad thing about the place is that you have to leave :(.

The hotel is small, rooms have a decent size and are very private. The place is really nice, is like a big garden, with a pool in the middle.

In less that five minutes you can get to Guiones beach, there is also a lot of bars and restaurants near the place, and many surf stores (rent equipment or take lessons).

Food is good, service is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great location, couple minute walk to the beach, clean and the living café is delicious. I hardly heard anyone the whole time I was there. There is a surf board storage room if you need one and they give you your own key. Breakfast is very simple - consists of toast, jam, fruits and coffee. Close by to Kaya Sol, Juan Surfo’s Surf Shop and Gilded Iguana. Playa Guiones has two main road access points, one has the Living Hotel etc on it and the other has the Harmony Hotel, Café de Paris, Robin’s Beach Dog café etc. You can walk along the beach to get to each side easily but it is further than it looks on the map. The red road (main access point) has a lot of construction while I was there and was extremely noisy. I am glad we were on the other side. Everything is pretty spread out in Nosara (Playa Guiones) so I was happy that we had our own car to get around to La Luna, town of Nosara and stop by Robin’s for lunch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at The Living Hotel for a little over 2 weeks in early February 2014. It felt like home, a very abundant, sweet, caring, healthful home. The rooms are so well thought out, simple and clean, environmentally aware. I can't imagine needing anything else. The space of the whole hotel is so clean and flowing. It's easy to hang out at the pool or main rancho with other guests or feel private in a hammock or back in my room taking a nap. The water and electricity were consistent, which is NOT always the case in Costa Rica. The staff were sweet and one day I came into my room after it had been cleaned to find that the cleaning girls had made a sea monster / swan type sculpture out of my throw blanket and towel on the foot of the bed to match my nephews stuffed manatee toy that had been left on the bed. It made my day. Michelle the property manager is so on top of it and so easy going, she went out of her way to help me a number of times.

Now, let's talk about the food. The food at the Living Cafe is easily some of the best food i've ever eaten. It's mostly raw and vegan. The dishes are so creative, fresh, nourishing, the coffee drinks are the better than starbucks could ever dream of. One day I had a little fever and didn't feel so well. I was taken care of by the Living Hotel and Cafe staff as if I were their child. I was offered fresh juice tonics that made me feel better and everyone on site was aware and so sweet to me all day. Usually if I get sick when I'm not home, it's the worst. I was so well taken care of by the Living team that being sick didn't even stink. It was just a way relax more deeply.

And the SPA! OMG, I had the best treatment of my life from Heather. She did something that was a facial mixed with acupressure. It was amazing, I looked 5 years younger when I walked out of the treatment. I also had a wonderful full body massage from Fabio, who was so sweet and conscious of exactly what I needed.

Living Hotel is in a prime location, yet it's not a fancy hotel with a ton of staff walking around cleaning up after your every step, holding your hand and sanitizing your experience. It's not a place where people are hanging out at a bar "partying" until late, but it's not a super quiet zen jungle property either. It's in the village and with in steps to everything you need... the beach, restaurants, bars, shopping. Being at Living Hotel felt like I was just staying with friends. They were there for me as much as I needed, and I felt completely comfortable and relaxed every moment I was there. I will be going back and back and back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Some share a bathroom between 2 rooms, they still feel private and I found...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was surprised at how much construction and building is going on in Nosara, a little more touristy than I like, tons of surfers in the water. The Living Hotel was a nice quiet place, we were in a room towards the back of the property. Secure room with safe and I believe a security guard at night. Breakfast was included and was light with toast, fruit and juice. They had a nice surfboard storage room that was kept locked and an outside shower on the side to get the sand off. Wish they offered a yoga class closer to the hotel. A trek to the Yoga Institute was pretty far but worth it. Overall it was a good place to stay, nice location and amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JuwannaMan
Reviewed 8 March 2014

LOVED my stay at the Living Hotel. It was a beautiful location. The rooms were small, but clean and simple. The Living Cafe at the hotel had the best smoothies and healthy treats in town. Divine! There was some noise with the Howler Monkeys waking us up in the morning…but I can't think of anything more Costa Rican and delightful! The hotel has a very calm and peaceful vibe. I would definitely stay here again. Walking distance to several great restaurants. Walk to the beach.

Room Tip: I would request a private room and not one in the Rancho.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The Living Hotel made my stay happy. Tranquil, nestled in nature, and restful. The staff are friendly and helpful. The pool is inviting and pristine. There is care in the details too...the carefully placed hammocks, the proximity of the outdoor shower to the surf storage, the private outdoor sitting spaces and the cafe with healthy and delicious food. Access to bikes, healing massage and help with travel details. Thank you Living Hotel.....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends