“Great People! Great Vibes! Great SUP surfing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nosara Paddlesurf

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nosara Paddlesurf
Savannah, Georgia
“Great People! Great Vibes! Great SUP surfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently attended my second camp with Nosara Paddlesurf and each experience gets better and better. This is truly an all inclusive SUP surf experience. I've had the opportunity to experience other camps and have always been impressed by the kind folks at Nosara Paddlesurf. They take all the worries away. The transfers to the camp have always been seamless. I've been most impressed by the attention to detail. The camps are designed to cater to both the experienced SUP surfer and folks who have never been on a board. I went with a friend who had very little experience and had extreme anxiety about the water. All of the instructors went out of there way to make her feel safe and provided an amazing experience.

They choose spots that are less crowded which makes for the perfect place to learn and practice. Nosara itself is an amazing place. There's never any pressure. If you wake up one morning and want to skip the surf and explore it's readily available. In between surfs, you'll be eating some amazing food. The local tica chefs always provide the most delicious meals and snacks.

Nate and Leyla and the rest of the gang put on a tremendous camp. I now make it an annual tradition and have enjoyed bringing new friends to experience the camp. I feel really fortunate that I found this place and will be back year after year.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BradSites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I can't say enough about this adventure,not knowing what to expect I was Absolutely blown away from the minute I arrived.The Camp was Top Notch and Nate,Leyla,and the crew hit it out of the park in every way possible.They managed to accommodate each individual as far as needs,food,and ability to surf.The accommodations were Fantastic and the days were scheduled to perfection.Then there was Dave an Brent from Infinity as the pro coaches who are such Great guys.They blended in to the group always having fun,leading the charge,but so professional when they were asked or needed to be giving instruction.The group was outstanding and I felt privileged to be around a bunch who share a similar passion for sup and surf.I couldn't imagine an experience being any better.Thank you so much for a Trip of a lifetime!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Staff at Nosara Paddlesurf are incredible- Nate and Leila are truly amazing hosts! Traveling with someone I barely knew, being secretly terrified of the ocean (!) and not really being a surf enthusiast myself, I was more than a tiny bit skeptical. As soon as I met the staff, took a deep breath and noticed the beauty all around- all of my concerns quickly vanished. The SUP pros- Dave, Brent, Felipe, Alan and Coco- were super patient with me as the only beginner/ only girl in the group. Felt 100% safe and caught a few waves to boot! I even found the time to grab a few dance and yoga classes with the locals, explored local caves and waterfalls, and took an entire day to solo explore the nearby village!! Food was amazing, scenery mind-blowing, laughs were quite literally non-stop and I really didn't even feel like a tourist! Would for sure do it again- in fact, can't wait!!! Thanks guys!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I went to the Nosara Paddlesurf / Infinity Sup Skills Camp in Feb of this year and had an amazing time. More than anything travel experiences almost always are determined by the people you encounter. At Nosara Paddesurf your not treated like a guest, your treated like family. Nate and Leila go above and beyond to make sure everything you get everything you need to enjoy your vacation. Prior to my arrival I had fallen sick, it was late Saturday night when I had mentioned it to Leila and even though everything was closed the next day she had spoken to a local dr, attainted a prescription and I had what I needed by Monday and I was quickly on my way to recovery.

The accommodations were wonderful. For the camp, Nate rented a huge house with plenty of space walking distance to the beach! My room was clean and comfortable. The lounge/living room area was outdoors facing the pool with a view of the beach. This is where we spent most of our down time at the house. All the other guests were fun, engaging people who were excited to be there and share their stories. Many of us are still connected and stay in touch.

The food was Yummy! Breakfast was ready first thing in the morning, Lunch and snacks were served in the middle of the day, and for dinner we went out to local restaurants some of the nights and ate the house on others. At home, the cooks were local Ticas so we got to try some delicious local cuisine.

If you have never been to Nosara, its a charming surf/yogi town. Usually if I go away for a week I feel like I'm in vacation mode after a couple of days and then I'm already thinking about what I have to do when I get back. Thats just not gonna happen here. From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave you are completely engaged in the way of life here. Early rise, and early to bed. (don't worry if you want to party and actually have the energy after full days of surfing or sup there are some fun places). The beaches are clean and not over crowded. There are many restaurants in the area and plenty of other fun things to do.

Last but certainly not least, this has to be one of the best places to learn or improve your SUP Surf skills. I have been to Nosara 4 times and I have never seen a day where there weren't any waves to surf. The conditions are usually phenomenal. The instruction is Nosara Paddlesurf is top notch. Nate is very focused on the technicals which are important to learn especially as a beginner. Dave Boehne from Infinity Sup couldn't have been more patient. This guy is one of the best Stand Up Boarders in the world and he made sure he spent time and helped everyone out no matter what level we were at. Having a guy like that give you encouragement was a real confidence booster. The rest of the instructors Coco, Felipe, and Alan are local Ticos who were extremely supportive and shared their knowledge of SUP and also of Costa Rica. The team takes plenty of video and photo footage so not only do you get to see what your doing and where you can improve, but you also get to share them on Facebook and make all your friends jealous!

If you like to have fun, be treated with love and care, meet smart, unique, friendly, like minded people, eat delicious and healthy food, get away from it all, learn about a different culture, gaze into stunning sunsets, spend lots of time in the water on a SUP then STOP reading this and call Nate to book your trip!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

What else?

Excellent experience with Lejla and Nate going all the way to accommodate all the special wishes of the guests. Also very good and sweet cooking team (from gluten-free, milk product free to vegetarian diets).

We travelled as a couple, were the only couple in the group and I was the only girl in the group and the only one with NO surfing experience. And yet all of us felt perfectly looked after and at ease.

Excellent professional SUP Surfing teachers and teaching plan and yet relaxed setting with comfy accommodation with very good food and chill.

Would recommend it to anyone with any SUP or SUP surfing experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent my 50th B-day with Nosara Paddle-surf and had an awesome time. Great food, accommodations and surf setting. The coaching staff were not just great SUP surfers, but understood how to effectively teach. The staff take frequent pictures and video to support learning, and share these with you for free after your trip, so you leave with some cool action photos.

When the staff surprises you with a birthday cake and a piñata to swing at after dinner, you know these people truly care about their guest experience. Anxious to return!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My original goal was to book a sup surfing week for my husband who was keen on "downwind sup".The additional surfing experience would help him.Nate from "Nosara Paddlesurf"encouraged me to join the camp too.I did not surf and let's say "waves"scared the #%<~ out of me.Dave Boehne and his pal Brent and the staff at Nosara paddle surf were amazing!I actually learned how to catch a wave but more importantly about ocean safety.On days when surf was too big I was taken a flat water paddle .My new found confidence on the water has led me to pursue down wind paddling ...I even managed a medal in my age category in the Olakai race in maui last week.The Nosara area is so beautiful and the staff are more than willing to share it all with you.Book a week camp...You will not be disappointed.All levels really are welcomed!!

• Stayed January 2014