“Disappointing”
Review of nanoo's

nanoo's
Reserve with
nanoo's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in La Hulpe
Price range: US$39 - US$90
Cuisines: French, European, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Chesterfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The dining room and host were very pleasant but the food was very disappointing.

Unfortunately the chef is trying to hard to make the food interesting and the results fail. Our foie gras included the most random collection of flavors from curry to champagne to pickles to honey. None of it worked together and the resulting palate was a mess.

Our steaks ordered medium were gray and tasteless. The accompanying vegetables and sauce were no better.

We will not be back.

yorkshire
“good ambience”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have had lunch here twice and on both occasions been very pleased. The staff are friendly and attentive. We had the three course lunch and all five of us enjoyed our food. Quite late in the day we noticed we were the only ones remaining but the staff did not usher us out and said they were happy to close whenever we were ready. All in all a very pleasant experience and i would definitely recommend.

Visited January 2013
Waterloo, Belgium
“Very good”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I have come to this restaurant twice now, once for a fast lunch and came back with my husband a couple of weeks later for dinner.
Both visits were exactly what I expected. A fast and inexpensive lunch, and a cosy and delicious dinner.
We'll be back.

• Visited November 2012
Hoeilaart
“Nothing worth going back for”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This restaurant is a rather nice place, nicely decorated, very friendly and helpful staff, but the food is just not worth to go back for. In fact it was even less then mediocre. Both our main dishes, cod for me, a lamb shank for my wife, were way overcooked. The fish was rather dry and the meat was a bit dry on the outside, but also cold in the inside as if it was re-heated a bit too short. The menu said that the meat was prepared in a sauce with herbs and spices. It was however to dry and practically tasteless. The chef did work a lot though on different small things on the plate as potato preparations, some vegetables, a tomato with mozzarella and courgette (zucchini) a filled mushroom and drops of sauces. However these in itself good attempts are meaningless if the core of the plate, your piece of meat or fish, is bad. Perhaps the chef should invest more in this then in all kinds of 'decorations' on the plate.
The desserts unfortunately were the same story. Not good. For me the giant macaroon with raspberries and a sauce of red fruits. The macaroons (it was a sandwich of two) were so hard (they should be soft, crispy) or tough that I had to chop them up with the point of my knife. It just wasn't chewy. The number of raspberries on top of and in between the macaroons was countable on the fingers of one hand. My wife ordered a crepe with sugar. The crepe was cold, maybe because it was served on a cold plate. The whole experience to me made the impression of people that are so happy that they are listed in the Red Michelin Guide that they act as if they immediately want to go for stars and forget what is the core of there business. Good food. And for good food usually ' Simple is beautiful' still goes.

• Visited August 2012
Utrecht
“The secret of La Hulpe”
Reviewed 3 February 2009

As we looked from the outside in during the day, we saw a beautifull, stylish restaurant, with the grey's, black's.... We took the challenge to dine there! tI turned out to be a well hidden secret of La Hulpe!!!! A year and half later, I can still vividly return in my mind to the sublime food, the excellent wines, the great atmosphere....... This is a place to make a trip to La Hulpe for!!!

1 Thank Ukweli