“Great place to go on the way to the airport”
Review of Foundation Folon

Foundation Folon
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in La Hulpe
New Providence Island
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great place to go on the way to the airport”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a late flight from Brussels so decided to go via the Folon Foundation. The museum is on the grounds of a Chateau and I must say that these grounds are beautiful. The museum is fantastic and shows Folon's work in a wonderful way. I would highly recommend a trip to the park.

The Museum is 9 Euros but the park is free.

Visited July 2014

Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Magic”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Hundreds of works of Folon watercolors, sculptures ... A few minutes from Brussels. Presented in a magical way. A must to see, alone or with family.

Visited July 2013
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Dreams and nature”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Some friends took us there and we discovered the dreamy universe of Folon's works of art, his man on the beach and the simple beauty of reality. There is also a restaurant in the garden where one can enjoy a salad, sandwich or gauffre...

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Olivia_Horace
Brussels, Belgium
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“I love this museum”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I've already reviewed it under Chateau de la Hulpe .. it's a lovely day out.

The museum is magical ... a place of calm and beauty. I'd never heard of Folon until I came to Brussels, and now I love his work. I live near Montgomery, so whenever I get the metro or tram I get the treat of descending down underneath one of his murals.

I've visited the museum with several sets of visitors, and it still entrances me.

And then add on a meal at the Blue Man (closed Mondays) and a walk in the grounds of the Chateau ... great day out.

Visited February 2013
Jodoigne-souveraine, Belgium
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent place to do a bike ride, visit a museum and have a Belgian beer”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Folon is a Belgian painter. He is worth the visit with his universal paintings. The museum is a nice farm in the middle of the Forest of Soignes where you can bike. The terrace is great for a brussels waffle and a belgian beer.

Visited April 2012