“A Fairy Tale Chateau”

Chateau Les Charmettes
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auch
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, had the pleasure of spending five days at this wonderful Chateau in April. Cazou, the owner and manager, arranged for us to be picked up at no charge from Toulouse, an hour away, which is the nearest airport. Lucien, her husband picked us up at our hotel promptly and drove us to Auch. The magic began when we entered the gated drive, lined with beautiful trees and flora. It continued when we spotted the house, a pink beauty that looked like it came from Disney World. We were greeted warmly and offered us a drink and snack. There is a beautiful living room and breakfast area. The grounds are beautiful.

It just got better and better. Our room was lovely, with an adjoining glassed-in porch furnished in blue and white french settee, easy chairs, and a desk. It was larger than most hotel rooms. The room and bath were also beautifully furnished.

Cazou was available 24/7, as was Lucien. They were spot on with recommendations for sightseeing, restaurants, and anything else in the area. Cazou was born in Auch, and returned after many years in the States. Best of both worlds. She knows American customs, and French culture.

As you may have guessed, I highly recommend this experience.

Room Tip: There are four suites, including a honeymoon suite, and 3 rooms, which are also very nice.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Proprietors Cazou and Lucien anticipate your every need in this lovingly restored chateau. Breakfast is a feast, and the decor sophisticated, eclectic, and very comfortable. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Price says it all, but I don't think there is a bad room. No elevator but there is help with lu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My husband and I arrived without a booking but received a fabulous welcome, unlikely to be repeated anywhere, and it just kick started our amazing adventure into Armagnac country. Cazou and Lucien - the proprietors - are unique in their warm hospitality and run a very elegant, beautiful and affordable Chateau. They go out of their way to enhance your holiday experience and are superbly situated in beautiful countryside, yet only a couple of minutes from Auch and its gastronomic and cultural delights. Breakfast is superb......as is the Armagnac (though maybe not at breakfast!) so If you fancy visiting I have no hesitation in recommending this Chateau and we can't wait to return.......

Room Tip: The Blues room on the ground floor was spacious and bright.
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Château les Charmettes hosted by Cazou and Lucien is a fabulous place.
It's very well equipped, charming, excellent location, calm ...
Gers is also a fabulous place to stay few days discovering good wines, Armagnac and Foie Gras.
Cazou and Lucien are very welcoming and great people.
I highly recommend this place

Room Tip: All rooms are great, we has the DUO suite which is charming with a very nice patio
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The other reviews are so correct. My wife and I stayed there for two nights in October, 2012. Loved everything about it --particularly the owners Cazou and Lucien. It is a small manor house done beautifully, with excellent finishing touches in the rooms and the public spaces. Felt like living in someone's home. Breakfast was a treat and served so well. Owners are helpful and fun to chat with. Weather was too cool for the pool but summer must be fun there. Understand they serve breakfast by the pool in the summer. Easy short drive into town. We really liked Auch and the surrounding areas.

Room Tip: book early because there aren't many rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evan S
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We had the pleasure of Staying at Chateau Chamettes for 2 short night after attending my Daughter Wedding in the area.
The whole experience was out of this word. The Chateau it's self is furnished to the highest level of luxury. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners Lucien and Cazou. They were particularly kind and considerate to my Mother who was unwell during our stay. They served breakfast and other meals in our suite so that she didn't have to negotiate stairs etc. I can 100% recommend this location to anyone who wants that extra special experience. I will most certainly find another reason to return to this little gem .

Room Tip: The rooms are all individually decorated to the highest standard . Choose the one that suits your pa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Château les Charmettes for a few nights while I attended wedding festivities in and around Auch. The hotel is located up a hill just on the outskirts of Auch; it's too far to walk, but an absolutely reasonable 3 minute drive up the hill.

I was immediately impressed by the welcome I received by the owner who allowed me to park my car in front of the hotel as opposed to the parking lot down the drive. I was shown to my room which was in immaculate condition. The owners have really paid attention to every detail and I immediately felt at home. The bedding was comfortable and I slept like a baby. The shower is great and the bathrooms are large. In short, the room is more than adequate.

The common areas are also very nice. The "lobby" is very tastefully decorated and the grounds are well-maintained. The pool is a nice, relaxing area in the back and it is easy to lounge around in the sun and forget about the time passing by.

The breakfast may seem overpriced at 20 euros, but the amount of food you receive and the quality of the products is well worth the money. I was stuffed by the end and really had no choice but to lounge by the pool!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auch
Domaine De Baulieu
#5 of 7 in Auch
Le Castelpierre de Lagraulet
Le Castelpierre de Lagraulet
#1 of 1 in Lagraulet-du-Gers

Been to Chateau Les Charmettes? Share your experiences!