My stay at Chateau de la Barre was absolutely wonderful. Guy and Marnie, the count and countess, were very warm and welcoming. My room was beautifully decorated in the style of the period, having most of the original furnishings, yet without being overly ornate. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had no problems sleeping. To add to all that charm, the view from my window was idyllic. Marnie, an amazing cook, prepared delicious meals effortlessly, and Guy was a walking wine encyclopedia. The 100-acre property offered opportunities for long walks through nature to refresh and calm the soul. . The hosts have managed to give their guests the experience of a true castle combined with the feeling of being comfortable in your own home. I look forward to returning and bringing more people with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the same family since more than 610 years,Chateau de la Barre is more than a luxury accommodation, it is an experience of the gracious hospitality of French aristocracy. All the rooms are replete with precious XVIIIth century antiques and designer fabrics. Twice a week, a prestigeous dinner is hosted in the XVIIth century dining room, on other nights, it is possible to have a romantic supper in the dining room. Rent a car at CDG airport or take the fast speed TGV train directly to Le Mans or Vendome and rent a car there. Alternatively enquire about having our chauffeur pick you up and be your guide. It is also possible to rent a convertible classic car for your stay. Your hosts, Guy and Marnie de Vanssay, will be pleased to arrange customized stays for you, including visits of top wineries of the Loire (Cabernet Franc reds and Chenin whites, such as Chinon, Bourgueil, Vouvray and Jasnieres), sightseeing from the famous Loire Valley castles to fortified manor houses, medieval towns and picturesque villages, and farmer's markets. For the activity seeking, kayaking, cycling, hiking, hot air ballooning or why not drive a race car around the mythical Le Mans track? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Chateau de la Barre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Barre Hotel Conflans-Sur-Anille
- Chateau De La Barre France/Conflans-Sur-Anille