“Nice relaxation”

A-ROSA Scharmutzelsee
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bad Saarow
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent 2 days there. Everything was like in real 5 stars. Highly recommend! Super friendly personal fantastic very big SPA facilities make this hotel wonderful place for recreation and relaxation. It was my first time here, and definitely not the last one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
AROSA_BSA, Direktionsassistentin at A-ROSA Scharmutzelsee, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear "Dmitry C",

thank you very much for your positive feedback about your stay at A-ROSA Scharmützelsee. We are glad you enjoyed it!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the A-Rosa Bad Saarow hotel & spa. The A-Rosa is a top-resort at a charming location next to lake Scharmütselsee. Build in 1997 the resort has 190 rooms & suites and a large spa, offers golf & tennis and clearly is devoted to high quality.

Located south of Bad Saarow at 70 kms from Berlin, you need a car to reach the resort. We found the A-Rosa busy with visitors yet pleasant. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Walking north along the lake to Café Dörsch you will see just outside the A-Rosa premises the remains of an abandoned DDR resort.

Our room was tastefully furnished, with a good bed & bedlinen, wardrobe plus safe-locker, desk & chair, table & comfortable seats, flatscreen TV, mini-bar and a terrace. The separate bathroom had a washbasin, toilet, shower over the bath and a heated floor. No coffee & tea making facility in the room. Windows can be opened.

The heating annex air-conditioning ventilation is rather loud. The ventilator can be switched off. Complimentary Wi-Fi internet. Parking is extra at € 9 per day. Breakfast is excellent with an extensive buffet choice and coffee and eggs made to order.

We recommend this hotel to anyone who seeks a quiet night's sleep in great comfort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
AROSA_BSA, Direktionsassistentin at A-ROSA Scharmutzelsee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Mrs Piket,

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have just returned from a weeks stay at the A-Rosa Scharmutzelsee with my wife and two of our children aged 5 & 11. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough the service, rooms, facilities, restaurant and location was second to none. The amount of things to do here; golf, sailing, swimming, walking, cycling, tennis, gym, spa etc meant that I wished we'd had longer to fit everything in! A big thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable and as soon as they become available we will be booking again for next year.

Room Tip: Not a room tip but if you hire a car for a week it works out cheaper than a return airport transfer...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MDA1979
AROSA_BSA, Direktionsassistentin at A-ROSA Scharmutzelsee, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear MDA1979,

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The resort may be some way out of Berlin but if it is peace and quiet, with a top class sport and spa facility this is the place. We stayed for 5 nights and can't fault the place. Great breakfasts, great room, great Golf course and great walks through the forest. All this for less than £100.00 a night for 2 people.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
AROSA_BSA, Manager at A-ROSA Scharmutzelsee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Phil2602,

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This is a nice located hotel for summer or winter family vacations, with very good Spa facilities.
The Staff is very friendly and competent. The interior is nothing special but price value for money is very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roadster2015
Reviewed 1 October 2012

When I compare this resort with the Waldorf hotel in New Orleans, I would definitively vote for the A-rosa..
Service is better, rooms are excellent and wer were lucky with the weather.
The SPA was perfect, the gym very well equiped (Fitness mainly no free weights..)
Restaurant buffet is very good, particularly the breakfast.
I advise to ask for the wine carte, rather than the "special" mentioned daily on the menu..
Bare in mind that this hotel is far from everything, therefore good for rest and ..golf, not recommended for visiting Berlin for example (about 80kms..)
:-)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I ended up booking the a-rosa Bad Saarow since it was difficult to get rooms in Berlin. I didn't accept paying Euro 250 + for a room in a youth hostel. Admitted it was several trade shows going on and I had to book last minute.
Long story short, I booked the a-rosa in Bad Saarow, as it offered good value for money compared to the price level in Berlin these days.
It was a bit of a drive (66km) from where I had to be in Berlin, but the Autobahn was pretty low traffic and it took reasonable time to get there. That said, a-rosa is very remote and I guess it's intended to be so for obvious reasons. When I arrived the receptionist was very welcoming and wanted to give me a full run-through of activities I can do the next days. We cut that short after I said that I'd only stay for 1 night and had to leave early.
Since I arrived late, there was no point in joining the excellently looking buffet dinner, which was only running for 20 more minutes or so and I decided to test the bar menu. It was rather limited choices and I ended up selecting some pasta, which was excellent! The service was very charming and I enjoyed staying at the bar. If I had more time I'd definitely tested the buffet.
The room was not the most modern I've seen recently, but met my expectations. It was very clean and the bed was quite cosy with a descent selection of pillows. The AC noise was quite annoying so I had to turn it off to get to sleep. I opened the windows instead. There was a warning message at the balcony door informing you about possible insect "invasions", but that didn't happen to me and I had an excellent rest that night with a lot of fresh air.
I felt very relaxed the next morning, couldn't participate the breakfast, which starts at 7, because I had to show up in Berlin quite early.
Overall the a-rosa Bad Saarow is a good place to go to, even for business travel, if you don't mind it being remote. You somehow have to stay at a-rosa as there is not much (restaurants) around. I consider going again for vacation somewhen in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bad Saarow
a-ja Bad Saarow. Das Resort.
Gut Klostermuehle
Strandhaus
Strandhaus
#1 of 5 in Lubben
Hotel Esplanade Resort & Spa

Been to A-ROSA Scharmutzelsee? Share your experiences!