“Nice for a more private day”

Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Matala
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hike from Matala is sweaty but not too bad, it took us 15 minutes to get up and 15 minutes down. There were signs to guide you. I wore well fitting flats which were fine and my partner wore running shoes. Don't try and climb in flip flops. I was surprised the sand wasn't redder. It was a nice beach but the day we went the waves were really strong so you can really get knocked around. 2 days at the Matala beach also had very strong waves to the point of not really being able to go in the water so it may have just been the weather. It was much less crowded than the Matala beach and the further you moved down the more people were naked/topless. There is one shack that sells VERY, (8euro for a mixed drink) overpriced drinks. The man actually refused to serve us because we only wanted a water! I would recommend going to the Carrefour before for snacks, drinks as you don't want to make the walk back to town because you forgot something.

2  Thank AlbertaTraveller41
in 12 reviews
"covered shoes"
"worth the effort"
in 7 reviews
"the water is crystal clear"
"bring food"
in 15 reviews
"path"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautiful beach but do not go to Janis'place. He tried to sell us his mojito which is supposed to be the best in matala. Well he needs to learn how to make real mojitos. It is disgusting and far more expensive than any other place in Matala. My wife and I saw how he refused to serve a gay couple!!!!!! Still the beach it's beautiful despite this awfull guy and his bad rhum + mint + lemon that he dares to call mojito!!!!!

2  Thank Mario G
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's a bit of a hike to get there, but it keeps away the hordes. Peaceful, warm sea and clothing optional beach. The beach bar is good enough and very friendly.
Yes, I'd go again.

1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

beautiful track and lovly beach. it's Better to go early in the day,or afternoon.
There is a small cafeshop on the beach/

1  Thank merav11