We stayed at the Best Western Milford for one night on our tour of Ireland. It is quite a large hotel on the outskirts of quite a small town. It has large reception rooms and seems to be largely geared towards the wedding reception market.
We were consigned to room 101 (wheelchair accessible) which was comfortably furnished if somewhat dated (Corby trouser press). The only problem was that the waterproof mattress pads did not improve bed comfort.
The restaurant menu in the information pack seemed rather pricey but when we went to eat they were actually serving in the bar instead and there was a very reasonably priced and tasty fixed price menu. There was a good breakfast buffet in the morning.
For some reason the hotel reception area has been moved to the opposite side of the building away from the hotel rooms - quite a long walk. When we checked out they were setting up for wedding drinks in the same area. I am not sure that I would want to have to go through a wedding reception to check in or that a bride would want suitcases carried through her reception!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the stunning North West of Co. Donegal on the outskirts of the picturesque village of Milford on the Wild Atlantic Way. Family owned and managed Hotel boasting 45 well appointed guest bedrooms including standard, superior and executive suite, Mulroy Woods Hotel is the perfect location for a break away. Free on site car and coach parking.Fast, free unlimited Wifi throughout all areas of the Hotel. Catering for all special occasions; Weddings, Anniversary's, Party's,Christenings.Group accommodation and lunch stop overs also available. Live entertainment throughout the year,from bars to bedrooms, food to fun, Mulroy Woods Hotel will spoil you, pamper you and remind you of the real meaning of Irish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mulroy Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Milford Hotel Milford
- Milford Hotel Donegal
- Mulroy Woods Hotel Milford, County Donegal, Ireland