“I love Harte's”

Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Kildare
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We source our food and drinks carefully, providing high quality, fresh and sustainable products whenever possible. Our staff strive for excellence in the creation, preparation and service of our meals, for example we can recommend the perfect craft beer accompaniment for your main course or even help you choose from our extensive gin menu. It is our ambition to create a hospitality business where service, quality, value for money and consistency are always the main focus.
Nass , Ireland
“I love Harte's”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a big eater steaks. Harte's is the absolute leader in the preparation of steaks. Every time, I enjoy my food from start to finish. The atmosphere and service is excellent. If you love steaks definitely stop there. I highly recommend

• Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
“Almost excellent ”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

First time in Hartes tonight. Had a lovely evening. Staff, atmosphere and service were perfect. I had the veggie starters for starter and main. Looked fab but was little lacking in taste. In particular the veggie main was very bland. So for me, ... What was lacking in taste was made up in service

Will certainly give it another go

Plymouth, Minnesota
“Lovely food and ambiance”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went there for Sunday lunch and it was almost perfect! Staff is very welcoming, reliable and professional through and through which is a huge plus. I had the beef burger and my friend the lentil and chickpea curry - both was mouthwateringly good. We finished the meal with a desert plate for two which had six different desserts on them. To sum it up in one sentence: Heaven on a plate! The only thing that I found disappointing was the selection of main courses. There was only one vegetarian option (and if you don't like Indian/Middle Eastern dishes then you will not be happy there), no pasta dishes at all but four meat dishes two of which were steaks, the other two were chicken breast and braised beef. So if you aren't in the mood for meat you want to consider a different restaurant, if not, this place will certainly leave you happy and satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
Ireland
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Although we live quite close, we only discovered this restaurant fairly recently. The food is consistenly good as well as the service. The menu choice is excellent, too good sometimes as it is hard to choose. I particularly like their slow cooked dishes. Good selection of wine and not overpriced. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
Kildare
“People that care about their guests satisfaction.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

How wrong could I be!!
Quite recently I wrote a poor review about this Restaurant because they had apparently lost our booking on a Saturday night. On the night They apologised and offered us a table in the Bar, however we left..... unceremoniously!
The following week the manager contacted us to again apologise and advise they had set an extra table but when looking for us in the bar we were gone.
He explained they had "installed a new computerised booking system and our booking was set for the following Saturday in error. They've now fixed that problem and it can't happen again".
More surprisingly they invited us to return on a night of our choosing as their guests.
We did that last night and were welcomed warmly and the manager sat with us for a while again apologising for the mix-up. The key message was "they were upset they had disappointed us ( despite, unknown to us, arranging a table) and were keen to ensure us that, "that is not how we do business".
We had been to Harte's before and, as then, our meal last night was perfect.
I had Duck Confit followed by Fillet Steak on the Stone while my wife had Salmon and Crab Parfait followed by Ballysax Chicken.
Everything was excellent and the service quick and attentive.
The lesson learned is that Harte's will go the extra mile and as such I regret my hasty post and can only apologise.
Well done Harte's. This is service combined with quality.
A wonderful recovery, exceeding all expectation.
5 out of 5, not just for what you'd expect from a good Restaurant, but more for what you don't normally expect.
Slcullen