“10th Visit”

Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Kildare
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We source our food and drinks carefully, providing high quality, fresh and sustainable products whenever possible. Our staff strive for excellence in the creation, preparation and service of our meals, for example we can recommend the perfect craft beer accompaniment for your main course or even help you choose from our extensive gin menu. It is our ambition to create a hospitality business where service, quality, value for money and consistency are always the main focus.
Newbridge
“10th Visit”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

When a restaurant delivers consistently to high standard it deserves to be commended , everything about Harte's is customer friendly from making or cancelling a reservation to the fond farewell you receive from every staff member . There slow cooked items are top class the Blade of beef being ever present on the menu and most recently shoulder of Lamb. It is true to a Bistro type environment which allows the customers to relax and pick and choose from a well rehearsed Menu . Cocktails are a welcome treat . I would have no hesitation in recommending Harte's for any dining occasion already I am looking froward to my 11th visit .

• Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
BabyTigger1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mmm mmm mmm totally delish”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Went here for dinner on Saturday 26th April with two friends and all I can say is this is a gem of a place.
I had the goat's cheese and beetroot salad to start and the duck wellington for main. I normally never finish a whole meal but the plates were licked clean.

The others had the chicken croquette and the braised beef. I have never tasted beef like it before. It literally melted in your mouth.

None of us wanted desserts but had drinks instead.

For 3 starters, 3 mains, a bottle of house white, 3 vodkas and a bottle of Coors light it cost us €120 so €40 each which wasn't too bad for such exquisite food.

Highly recommend this place if you are in Kildare.

Nass , Ireland
“I love Harte's”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a big eater steaks. Harte's is the absolute leader in the preparation of steaks. Every time, I enjoy my food from start to finish. The atmosphere and service is excellent. If you love steaks definitely stop there. I highly recommend

“Almost excellent ”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

First time in Hartes tonight. Had a lovely evening. Staff, atmosphere and service were perfect. I had the veggie starters for starter and main. Looked fab but was little lacking in taste. In particular the veggie main was very bland. So for me, ... What was lacking in taste was made up in service

Will certainly give it another go

Plymouth, Minnesota
“Lovely food and ambiance”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went there for Sunday lunch and it was almost perfect! Staff is very welcoming, reliable and professional through and through which is a huge plus. I had the beef burger and my friend the lentil and chickpea curry - both was mouthwateringly good. We finished the meal with a desert plate for two which had six different desserts on them. To sum it up in one sentence: Heaven on a plate! The only thing that I found disappointing was the selection of main courses. There was only one vegetarian option (and if you don't like Indian/Middle Eastern dishes then you will not be happy there), no pasta dishes at all but four meat dishes two of which were steaks, the other two were chicken breast and braised beef. So if you aren't in the mood for meat you want to consider a different restaurant, if not, this place will certainly leave you happy and satisfied.