“Good but way overpriced”

L'Officina by Dunne and Crescenzi
Ranked #12 of 34 Restaurants in Kildare
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were there for lunch and we only wanted something small, so I got a ciabatta with porchetta, provolone and sundried tomatoes and my husband a bruschetta that were fairly tasty but really nothing special, especially at €7 each...you'd expect at least a bit of side salad...
The staff was friendly but they all had very poor English (I felt I had to choose my words carefully to be sure they'd understand me!) and the restaurant in itself if nice for something that's in the middle of a shopping outlet.
They don't really have competition in Kildare Village (apart from the takeaway food stall and Starbucks) but the next time I'll definitely grab a hot dog instead!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Let us just say that we did not expect this place to be great- how wrong we were. Attentive staff,wide menu to cater for all tastes,the food (chicken & lamb) excellent and the overall experience very pleasant.At your service D & T.

1  Thank TravelMonkiesDT
Reviewed 26 July 2012

While visiting Ireland I came accross this unique setup in the Kildare outlet. Bustling with atmosphere this very busy restaurant serves up excellent real Italian food. Staff are courteous and quick while being friendly.

I had the ravioli with porcini mushrooms which were as good as any 5 star restaurant. It was a nice surprise to find such a high quality restaurant in an outlet. Wine selection was very unusual, cake and pizza all cooked 'in-house', coffee was excellent too.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Went here for a birthday meal with family. Waitress didn't understand us at all, very bad English. Let us order and then came back to tell us we couldn't have what we ordered and asked us of we wanted anything else instead without giving us a menu (yeah love, we just memorized the whole thing). I took her suggestion of the lamb. Then shoves the main course on the table before we were finished with the starters. Hovered around like a fly for the first 20 mins and then disappeared when we actually wanted the bill.

Then I proceeded to feel like death for the rest of the day, culminating in me passing out and puking said lamb all over my bathroom. Happy Birthday to me. Thanks for everything l'Officina!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was blown away with this restaurant, most unexpected for a shopping outlet far from anywhere.
For starters I indulged in a succulent mozzarella, ripe tomato and pesto salad served with warm bread. I then had the special of the day, a risotto with saffron, sausage and creamy cheese which was absolute top class. The wine list looks impressive but as I was driving I couldn’t try any but I did purchase a bottle to take home and I haven’t tried it yet. The coffee is amazing, dense and aromatic. The place is really busy but the staff are friendly and efficient. Having lived in the UK I am used to hectic restaurants and admit I actually enjoy the buzz. The decor is quite nice too, next time I will go early as they seem to stock plenty of newspapers which is always a good sign in a restaurant.