“Another delicious meal!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dublin
“Another delicious meal!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Popped in to Kildare village on Sunday for some retail therapy. Polished off the trip with a delicious bowl of salmon pasta. Service was great despite being v busy as always. Not sure why people are so impatient and write bad reviews about having the wait; there'd be no queue if it wasn't a great food!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Naas, Ireland
“Kildare Village needs another food outlet!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

If you want to get something to eat while at Kildare Village, you don't have much choice. It's ether average, WAY overpriced Italian at L'Officina or average, WAY overpriced sandwiches at Starbucks. My suggestion is not to eat at Kildare Village, or bring a picnic.
We went to L'Officina for the second time on a Sunday afternoon. As usual there was a queue out the door and enough screaming children to put you off having one for life.
I had a plate of gnocchi that didn't look or taste homemade and at €14.50 were a pure rip off. My husband had a tasteless bruschetta. Add a sparkling water and a coke, and there's a very poor meal for €32.
I should also mention the coffee trolley they have outside. To get the attention of the girl manning it you have to be patient and wait for her to finish texting. Then you get, surprise surprise, an overpriced cup of takeaway crap.

Kilmessan, Ireland
“Don't Waste your money”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was by far the worst meal I have ever had served up to me in Ireland, we both ordered the lasagne, the appearance, the quality and quantity were so disappointing, it was also cold. I've had better lasagne out of the freezer cabinet in the supermarket. Kildare Village outlet needs another restaurant serving quality food. In future we will stop off at Newbridge Silverware up the road where there is a far superior restaurant serving quality food.

Dublin
“Overpriced average food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I can't understand the good reviews on this place. They have the monopoly in Kildare Village as there is no other restaurant and I have been a few times and its always the same. Very average food that is totally overpriced. I went here again yesterday having not been for about 6 months, just to see if it had improved. The decor is nice (they have updated it recently) and the staff are friendly enough but the food........there are no words. I got tuna salad.....which was basically a bit of tinned tuna on a few leaves with 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half and a few cubes of mozzarella for €10.50. It was totally bland so I got olive oil to put on it to give it some taste. This did not come with any bread so I also ordered toasted ciabatta for €3.50 and a portion of pesto €2.50. The bread was ok but hey, how wrong can you go with a bit of toasted bread brushed with a clove of garlic. The Pesto......absolutely disgusting. It was so bitter I could not eat it. Either it was made with very old Basil leaves or it was left open too long and on its way out. It was not the vibrant green it should be so the latter is my guess. I also had a glass of wine (it was my birthday after all). They have an extensive selection so this is one of the good points. When I finished I told them I could not eat the pesto and explained why. When my plate was cleared I was not offered coffee or a dessert menu despite sitting there for ages with nothing in front of me. So I asked for the bill. The pesto was on it so I had to ask them to remove it. To add insult to injury they automatically add a 6% service charge to the bill. I personally have a gripe with this. If a service is good I always tip at least 10%. To be forced to do this just rubs me up the wrong way, especially as I was left sitting there for such a long time with no offer of a menu for dessert or coffee and they also tried to charge me for something that was inedible. Overall I was not shocked as this place is the same as it was last time I was here. you get ripped off for basic food. Kildare Village needs to have another restaurant in here as this lot are getting away with ripping off people and its a disgrace.

1 Thank Dubliner69
, Dublin, Ireland
“great food”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

restaurant was extremely busy we were seated quickly, service ok had to ask for a fork, great food cooked to perfection,i orderd the steak , highly recommended ,very good coffee