Tulloch(Kildare)
US$70
US$68
US$94
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$104
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
North Lodge(Kildare)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrooms are basiccheesecakeshopping villagenext morningbar restaurantsteakcan't praisefamily celebrationonly stayed one nightopen firefood was lovelytwin roomwould highly recommend this hotelcooked to perfectionstaff were so friendlymealcurragh
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While the food was tasty the service was awful... dirty glasses on the bar as you walked in the door, we were then shown to our table and given a bottle of water unfortunately we had no glasses and had to call the waitress as it seemed she had forgotten about us, this was the theme of the night...constantly asking for simple things and feeling like we were almost hassling the waitresses due to there own incompetence. Unfortunately I won’t be rushing back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kitkabooty
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked the saddler bar for a large family celebration. We booked the hot buffet of chicken curry and beef stroganoff which came with salads. The food was very tasty and the dj had everyone up on the dance floor bopping the nite away. The only bad downside was the toilets, the pong coming from the men’s as you headed for the loo was awful but the ladies were clean and fresh.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Frankly I'm astounded by the positive reviews and the four star rating is very questionable. The first impression on entry is really good, the ground floor is modern and stylish and really lovely. My room was on the top floor with a steep climb up with no lift, it was a typical standard three star room, with a comfy bed. But sleep was the issue, the hotel is on an extremely busy road and not a wink of sleep did I get after 5 am. At first I thought the window must have been open, but it doesn't help that there's no curtains, only a roller blind. I am not a light sleeper, but the noise was beyond belief. Other issues, the bathroom door didn't close at all. The kettle was faulty and I reported this to staff as it was dangerous. The reception desk was not staffed, and I had to enter and exit through the bar, as the beautiful reception and hotel door was locked. I didnt find the staff friendly, just rushed and disinterested. The breakfast was fine, If sleep is your priority I would strongly advise to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid any room near the road
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Ann O
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Traveled up to Kildare late evening so as to be fresh for an early morning business meeting !! oh how I regret that mistake, as the noise pollution from the roads to the front and side of the Hotel meant there was no sleep to be had until past 02.00. Actually it was so bad that at 01.30 I was actually tempted to get up and drive somewhere quiet for a bit of sleep in my car. No sleep then highlights the numerous other problems which might otherwise go without comment.
I have read various reviews (unfortunately post my stay) which complained about the beds and bedding and to be fair this I cannot complain about, my bed was comfortable and the bedding was clean but that is where the positives end. I was able to put my bare foot under the door, so large was the gap, hence the light pollution from the corridor was like trying to sleep with a light on.
The bathroom was old and tired (and that's being kind), the shower (a hose from the bath taps ) leaked as much water in every direction as came through the kinked hose to the shower head, and when the hot water eventually came (which takes a while) it was a task in itself to control the temperature through mixing both taps. The pitiful shower screen didn't retain much water, leaking around and under it, resulting in a sodden floor and wet feet every time you required to use the bathroom after your shower. The finishes within the bathroom which in themselves aren't a major deal with regard to ones stay were shockingly bad in par with the remainder of my stay.
When I complained early the following morning regarding my lack of sleep (no need for an alarm as the traffic noise will have you awake again at 06.00) even the man at the desk commented "road noise was it" so obviously they are used to their guests being totally unsatisfied.
For a few positives the staff are friendly and the service is good, my breakfast was cooked fresh and the dinning room (bar) has been well refurbished and is comfortable, which is the only reason I have begrudgingly given the second star rating.
I left my card for the owner to contact me regarding my complaints, but as of yet they have not seen fit to do so, customer service obviously is not a priority with this establishment
So in conclusion would I stay again ? absolutely not ! One assumes the Bed section of Bed & Breakfast will result in a nights sleep !! and every traveler requires a half decent shower as a minimum.
I'm travelling to Kildare again next week but after my experiences and seeing how important my business appears to be to the owners, I will be staying across the road.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere in my opinion
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank James O
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

one night stay. Plus points-location to Kildare Village. The Restaurant served lovely dinner and breakfast was delicious with good choices. Staff friendly and attentative.
Poor parking, old building bad plaster and paint on staircase up to rooms. Old bathroom fixtures and fittings. Old windows don't close properly. Room doors use key. Room to front alot of traffic noise.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo