“The best meal we had in Italy!”
Review of La Luna Nel Porto - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ate here on our last night in Italy, and it was the best food we had for our entire stay. The seafood dinner - a mixture of small fish, squid, and shrimp, was superb - and all very fresh. In addition, I had an artichoke and my husband a salad, both wonderful. The service was prompt and helpful. At least some ability to speak Italian will probably help but isn't required. All the customers were Italian so there were no other tourists. I would love to go back (tonight if I could!)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I ate at La Luna on our last night in Italy. He ordered the jumbo prawn. It was not only disgusting to look at, he said he didn't even know what to do with it. The whole dish was horrible. I ordered the only non-seafood dish on the menu. It wasn't that great and unfortunately I was still tasting it a couple of days later - and not a taste I wanted to take with me.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I really enjoyed my meal here. The food was authentic and different and not typical. The fish dishes were excellent and the gnochhi were special to this place. If you are in the area it is worth trying.

1  Thank traveltheworldcs
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've been here very often. This restaurant roots are from Sicily and you can tell by the taste of the food.
Everything is cooked in a perfect and light way.
I suggest "Pasta con le sarde" and grilled fish served with almonds and olives.
And for dessert Cassata Siciliana.

1  Thank RickyX76
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I usually have good instincts about restaurants and I was spot on with this one! I was traveling alone on business and decided to venture a little further from the Airport Marriott Courtyard than I usually go. You know you are in the right direction when a) all the conversation around and about is Italian, b) the menu doesn't have "'English" subtitles and c) single women dining alone get a sidewards glance (hey, it's Italy). But I digress... this was worth the stroll over the canal to the leisure wharf side of Fiumicino. I enjoyed a glass of pinot grigio (you have to ask for a glass as the menu is bottles only), a nice sized salad and a plentiful plate of fritto misto (flash fried FRESH squid and shrimp) served along with olive bread and a big bottle of water for only $28 eu. The ambience was all Italian... lively conversation and rustic surroundings with a view of the pier. LOVED it!

2  Thank steelerfan2009