“What a discovery !”

Ranked #67 of 93 Fiumicino B&B and Inns
Montreal
“What a discovery !”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This place is the best way to start or finish your stay in Italy..Cosy, clean, warm, close to the aeroport. We stayed only one night, Sept. 15, 2012, but we enjoyed every moment. Frederica is lovely ! For sure we will return. Viorika & Eugen, Montreal

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Riga
Reviewed 4 August 2012

For the first time I stayed in 2010. Then I was looking for a special place - not too expensive, for more than one night, and the most important - location: not too far from the Airport, accessible with public transport and, as it later turned out, in a distance where a taxi price (divided among a group) is not unreasonable.
And this was a perfect place. So when this year I had a chance to go there it really was a nobrainer if we would be staying here in Le Ville.

As for the more technical part - rooms are clean and bright. If your everyday destination is the airport then the place is more than just okay. And even getting to Rome if planned, is not that bad. Only thing - time, but that is logical since the B&B is OUT of Rome center. But the buss stop (in both directions) is very close. Only
Not always precisely on time (or maybe that was just bad luck).

Very personal attitude and a safe feeling.
A rather big market in a walking distance (and with a fridge in room - it's a nice thing) and a good pizzeria just around the corner.

So overall a very good place. Can easily recomend it.

• Stayed April 2012
Melbourne
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed here for one night, arriving late and then leaving early the next morning to catch a plane. Frederica (the owner) was very accommodating. She was there to meet me when I arrived and asked what time I would like breakfast and what I would like and then supplied me with a tray full of exactly what I asked for the next morning at my requested time. The rooms were very clean and spacious and mine had a lovely balcony which made a great place to take breakfast. It was only a 10 minute drive to the airport, so a great place to stay if catching an early plane.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Let me start by reiterating other comments - this place is not easy to find. Even with a Satnav, printed Google map and written instructions from Federica, we still struggled, mainly because of an apparently new one-way system that makes it difficult to join Via Scafa. Additionally Via Monte is about 1km long, broken in 3 places, and seems to have offshoots also called Via Monte - she's on one of these. Maybe we just went round in many circles tho. My advce? Don't be put off, but listen to Federica when she gives you instructions to use Mappie! Probably the wise choice.

We arrived late off the flight and Federica met us at the gate. She had kindly upgraded us to the suite from our room, and we had a delightful terrace to enjoy and a curiously furnished but not unpleasant room. The angular wardrobe is quite something! Federica may be aware of other reviews here as she was at pains to explain that in Rome hoteliers are not permitted to provide a cooked breakfast. Since we don't really eat breakfast it didn't matter to us, and what was provided made excellent road snacks for our onward journey.

No criticisms of Le Ville - it is a lovely place, and Federica is very kind and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Herndon, Va
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is my second review of Le Ville, my third or fourth time staying there over the years and I must say it only gets better. It is perfect if you have a rental car and are either arriving or departing from FCO. If you do not have a vehicle, there is a small pizzaria and restaurant just around the corner and if you do have a vehicle there are many places to eat within a few blocks, toward Fiumicino. Both rooms are large, one has two bedrooms. Frederica is a real pleasure to deal with and is a hostess who clearly enjoys meeting her guests. She is very accomodating in trying to provide a breakfast when you have an early flight and generally does everything she can to increase your comfort.

My GPS did not have number 11 Via Monte Solarolo, but it did have 13 and that works fine. There are three units that have a Le Ville sign on them. As you face the units, you must ring the bell on the unit to the far right. The other two do not ring Frederica.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
salm01@optonline.net
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We chose Le Ville because of it's proximity to the airport and the fact that my wife was immobilized by an injury. Upon arrival at Le Ville we were pleasantly surprised and the service and help that we received from Federica, our host, was outstanding.
Federica was very caring and made sure that my wife would be comfortable while she personally drove me to the airport to drop off my rental car. When we returned, I discovered that I had left my passport in the rental car. Without a question, Federica promptly took me back to the airport to retrieve my passport before the car was released.
She then reccomended a great little Trattoria close by and arranged for an early morning pick up by taxi.
This is the kind of concierge service you might expect from a 5 star hotel. Federica provides this in a very clean, simple setting at a true value price. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Upper floor is reccomended over the ground level .
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The bottom line is that Fiumicino is not a great town to stay in. The hotels are expensive and by many accounts not good.

That is a big qualifier to this review.

Le Ville was fine, and Federica was very nice. The rooms are a little awkward, filled with tacky decor, and with way too many scented air fresheners and cleaning products.

However, it is close to the airport, and if you have an early flight out, it isn't a bad option.

We did have a hard time finding the place, as the area is not easy to drive around in the dark for those unfamiliar with local roads and not 100% comfortable driving in the Italian style. A map and directions on the website would be nice.

If I had to do it over, I would book a later flight out and stay somewhere like Orvieto.

But, if you have to stay in Fiumicino, Le Ville is fine.

And as others have noted, breakfast is not something to look forward to.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family