“Clean hotel near airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pascucci Al Porticciolo Hotel

Pascucci Al Porticciolo Hotel
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
San Francisco, California
“Clean hotel near airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

This hotel was very modern looking inside and had all the necessary amenities. The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. We stayed with our 2 children so had to get 2 rooms. They do not offer the ability to accommodate more than 2 to a room (even though some of the reservations sites say they can). From the outside it does not look like much. But, it is very nice inside and the staff is nice. They do not speak much English so are not able to help with some things. You can park for no fee right across the street easily. Internet access was not easy to get but I didn't try that hard either.

We ate breakfast at the hotel and were grateful they offered it so we were able to grab a quick light bite before heading to the airport. It was various juices, coffee drinks, fruit, cake, pastries, plain yogurt, etc. We did not eat dinner there as it was very expensive (75 Euros/person). There are a quite a few restaurants in the area (within 10 minutes walking) and a gelateria. We ate at one down the street and it was ok. There was also a pizza place about 4 doors down which was great for our 6 & 11 year old children.

You can also walk to the beach and take a dip in the water from this hotel. There are a number of pay access beaches about 10 minutes walking distance.

For a one night stay before heading to the airport we could not have asked for a better place! Clean, quiet, modern and friendly service!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelFamily118

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

This hotel is awesome. When the taxi first pulled up to it I was like "oh no!" but after entering, it was fantastic. The location, and the exterior of the hotel do not do the hotel justice. The staff was so much fun. The rooms were fun, especially the bathroom. Great tub that give a great bath! The little courtyard is beautiful, a great place to relax.

I do have to say, that the absolute best part of the hotel was the breakfast. AMAZING. Cappuccino, espresso. Whatever you want. Fresh baked pastries, fresh fruit, many juices, meats cheeses and breads. It was so great. I had never had a breakfast like this in Europe before. Simply the best!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fire-Fly87
Tigre-Buenos Aires
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

The hotel is nice and modern. Restaurant was crowded because it is a hot spot in the area.
The chef was there and told us their are top 5 restaurant in Rome for fishh dishes.
At the end, we eat well but a little bit expensive.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

This is a small family run hotel in a working port located just off a busy road near to the port, river and local resturants. The hotel is close to Rome airport with free parking and is very different to staying in a standard airport hotel.
The rooms are compact but very clean and modern.
The associated resturant I am sure provides excellent food but at Euro 75 per person we decided to eat elsewhere. Though the breakfast in the resturant included in the room rate was very good.
A pleasent and different stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Monchengladbach, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

Utterly disappointed and the hotel's mismanagement of our booking ruined our holiday!

After significant research on hotels near the airport, based on the trip advisor reviews, I booked a night at this hotel - it looks fab and is in a good location. I annotated our booking notes that our flight would be arriving at 21.45 hrs and saw no problem with this as the reception is open til midnight - and I had garuanteed the booking with a credit card. On arrival by taxi, we were informed at reception that they had no room for us.... due to a delayed flight, it was now 23.30 hrs. I was less than impressed, but when she said she would take us to another hotel for the same rate (€109), I decided there was no point in arguing as we were tired. She called the chef from the kitchen and he took us to the Mach2 Hotel in his car (after removing the kiddie seats and raking the toys from the floor in the back). I will leave a seperate review for the Mach2.

This is appaulling customer service and I will be reporting this hotel to the booking agent we used for giving our garuanteed room away.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DanniDanni
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

I was very happy with this hotel. The most important factors for me are cleanliness and good service and this hotel had what I needed on my last night in Italy. I had a beautiful trip and I wanted to end my night in a place that was equal to the wonderful trip I had in Calabria.
The owners are very welcoming and friendly. Very helpful. They got me a shuttle to the airport for a very reasonable price. They also made a suggestion for dinner since their own restaurant is closed on Mondays.
I forgot to request one of the rooms with the funky bathtubs, but honestly, the tub was the least of my worries when I arrived. I had a room with a spectacular shower and the bed was very comfortable. Sheets, blankets and towels were nice and white and clean.
Internet didn't work in the room, but I sat in the public area and I connected fine. There is no elevator, but they are happy to help with the luggage up one flight of stairs.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

This hotel is a truly great value. I don't want to give the impression that it is a cut rate hotel. Far from it. The rooms were clean, well decorated, roomy and comfortable. The staff was fabulous. Very helpful and pleasant. This is a small town environment, so don't expect the staff to speak fluent English. But why would you? This is Italy. The restaurant gets its seafood right off the boats everyday, which happen to dock across the street. We had a car, and used this hotel as a base while exploring Rome. We used the bus lines, which stop right outside the hotel, to get to the train station to Rome. It cost 2 euros apiece to get into Rome and back! It is only 10 minutes by car to Fiumicino Airport. This hotel was a perfect end to a perfect trip.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business