“Shower didn't drain - management doesn't care.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Hotel Roma Airport Fiumicino

Comfort Hotel Roma Airport Fiumicino
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
“Shower didn't drain - management doesn't care.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed there for one night before a morning flight. The biggest problem was that our shower didn't drain and when I went to try to get another room the guy at the desk told me they're all full and there's nothing he can do about it. It was late when I spoke to him, but he was watching tv and seemed like he just didn't want to be bothered. He even argued with me about whether it drains because he was not aware of the problem. I booked this hotel earlier the day I checked in and there were other rooms available so that was probably not true that he couldn't get us another room. He said there's nothing he can do and didn't even offer anything to appease us. The whole reason we stayed there for 12 hours was to shower and sleep before our flight. He was rude and unapologetic. This is not a cheap hotel so this type of service is unacceptable. We would have showered anyway and just flooded the bathroom but I knew that the people who would have to deal with it are the poor cleaning staff, not the rude folks who run this place. Stay away.

The hotel is not very close to the airport and was impossible for our cab driver to find, so it cost us an extra 10 euro as he drove around asking people for directions. The early shuttles were all booked so we had to take a later shuttle which was cutting it close with our flight. If they advertise free shuttles they should actually provide them at times that are convenient for people's flights. Other reviewers have pointed out that they only offer shuttles in the morning - false advertisement and a problem if you fly later in the day!

The morning staff was far more courteous (we checked in at 11pm) but still didn't offer us anything for the shower. I would stay away from this place and stay closer to the airport even if you have to take a taxi.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Melmelm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Looking for place to hang your hat till the plane is ready, it's an ok place. We needed Triple occupancy. The 1st room had tiny shower, I asked for another room, very accommodating gave me another one on the 1st floor, but I lost my king bed got 2 queens instead and gained a balcony so added plus. Room is clean, modern but air conditioning SUCKS! It's August and its been 40-42 deg Celsius, get that damn thing working. Talked to them 4-5 times, nothing was ever done besides some clicking on the computer, with no change in my room temperature.
It was $155 Euro per night for triple occupancy, was leaving to Toronto next day, it worked for our schedule. Not a repeat place for me. The area is very ghetto, all locked up gates and front porches. I can see where some people would not feel safe even though I did with my family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stucatz68

Travellers are raving about these Fiumicino hotels

Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

New, secure, clean hotel with free shuttle service to the airport. Just make sure your name and shuttle pick up time is written down on their shuttle service sheet. The person who checked us in failed to do so, so we were not allowed on the shuttle we required, even though we had a hotel card with the shuttle time on it. We did get on the next shuttle and things would have been rushed, except for the transportation strike that had just started.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel. Lovely little boutique type hotel with well appointed, spacious, modern and clean rooms. Only downside was the hotel did not fit the area it was in. I did not feel very safe when I left the hotel as the location outside is run down. But it was only one night and the shuttle that took us to the airport was on time the next morning and it only took 10 mins to the airport. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was satisfactory for something light in the morning. Would I stay in this hotel probably...yes but would try to get the Hilton or Courtyard Marriott first because we did not feel safe walking around. It's a shame because the hotel itself was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LAB73
usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked there online on the hotel website. It was a mistake as I confused the name with another hotel where friends were staying.
Literally, I called the USA toll free number within FIVE MINUTES after making the reservation to explain it was a mistake and requested them to cancel. They said should be no problem but need to call the hotel in Rome to confirm cancellation. The agent called and then returned to me and said the hotel in Rome refuses to cancel even though i called within five minuted and that I would be charged full ampunt regardless.
Truly disgusting!!! I would never stay there again nor in any other Choice-Comfort hotel. Why patronize them when so many other good alternatives.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank freqtraveller50
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

After a Mediterranean Cruise, my granddaughter and I spent the night at Comfort Hotel Roma before departing from the Airport the next morning. We were impressed with the shuttle service, but you must know that to get from the airport to the hotel, you go from the Courtyard shuttle. It's parking space 19 if I'm not mistaken. The staff was kind and accommodating. Our room was fantastic. It had a very large bathroom, king sized bed, and two more beds upstairs. It was also a very clean hotel. Would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Helen R
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

A very nice clean small hotel in a small fishing port right next to the airport with very reasonable price. Quiet neighborhood. Short walk to waterfront with local restaurants & facilities. Very close to the airport with free airport shuttle.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple