My husband and I stayed at this B & B because it was close to the Airport in Rome and we were heading back to Canada the following morning.
The room was pretty big but I would definitely not stay here again.
Pros: Proximity to the Airport in Rome
Room and bathroom facilities were clean
1. The Airport was so close that airplanes were taking off and landing at least every 20 minutes.
2. Although the B & B advertised Breakfast I was extremely disappointed. If your idea of a continental breakfast is pastries wrapped in clear cellophane that were clearly bought in a box of 10 and simply laid out in a straw basket then this is the place for you. Also if small juice boxes that, again, were clearly from a package of 6 or 8, is your idea of "fresh juice" you have definitely found your Shangri-la
3. I have to agree with others who have stated that it's disappointing that the owner doesn't live on the premises. Actually she DOES live on the premses, The building where the B & B is situated is in the front closest to the street. There is a building in the back which appears to be where SHE lives. She greets you and then disappears back into her part of the property. She was hardly every around with the exception of when we arrived and when we left (so that she could get paid). And make sure you have the cash because she doesn't take Credit cards - this is a cash only place!
In the morning there was a canopy that is put up in the yard and place settings for four on a table was left as "breakfast" in the morning. Small juice boxes and the cellophane packaged pastries were set out. A huge jar of Nutella and small packages of butter were also laid out. A cellophane package of hard melba toast was also left. No one was around and my husband and I didn't make it to "breakfast" until about 10:00 a.m. When I peeked down from our room at 9:00 am, all this was laid out and no one was there. AND it all sat there until we went down at 10:00. Definitely this was not my idea of a Bed and Breakfast. I realize that in a B & B you should only expect a Continental style breakfast but this wasn't even close!
My husband dropped off our rental car at the airport the evening we arrived. It took him over an hour and a half to return back to the B & B because she didn't give him proper directions on how to find the shuttle that would take him back. When I went looking for her (after over an hour) I couldn't find her!!!! At the back of complex I finally found her smoking a cigarette. She informed me that my husband just called 5 minutes before and he should be back "anytime". I was unhappy because it had been over an hour and she hadn't had the courtesy to tell me he had called!!! I'm in a strange country in a strange place, with no hostess in sight and my husband has been gone for over an hour!!!! Did she think that there was anything wrong with this picture?!?!? Oh that's right; she's never around so she wouldn't have realized how long he had been gone!!!!
She also advised us that there was a small restaurant to eat dinner at. She indicated that it was "just down the street". In actuality, after having walked around the entire neighbourhood, we finally found it thanks to stopping a stranger on a bicycle (because of course after the initial meeting the owner of this place was no where to be found). We discovered that it was almost a mile away from the Bed and Breakfast (as opposed to "down the street") and it didn't open for dinner until 8:00 pm!!!!
Oh! and by the way. Although there is airconditioning it's not turned on. And there is definitely no air conditioning in the room we were in - only in the hallways! So,.... we ended up having to have all the windows open at night in order to get some air circulation. So, of course, we had to listened to the airplanes going in and out as well as having the bright street lights shining into our room.
So... although the price was cheap, you definitely got what you paid for - in fact, you got LESS than you paid for.
Thank goodness we only stayed one night! If you were thinking of staying for a couple days I would highly recommend that you reconsider!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B&B Sabrina Airport is situated at 3 km from the Leonard Da Vinci Fiumicino Airport (Roma). We have a shuttle service 24 hours a day to and from the Airport.We are at 2 minutes walk from the beach.Well conected to go to Rome in about 20 minutes. We are also at 10 minutes from the "Fiera di Roma" (Exabition Building) and the big commercial centre Parco Leonardo.All our rooms have a private Bathroom, tv, hair dryer, fridge and air conditioned.In the morning you can enjoy a rich Italia breakfast indoor or in the garden.We speak english - Check.in 24 hours a day - Good restaurant and pizzeria nearby.Il b&b Sabrina Airport è situato a 3 km dall'Aeroporto Internazionale di Fiumicino e a pochi passi dal mare. (Servizzio navetta da/per l'Aeroporto h24)Siamo a 10 minuti dalla Nuova Fiera di Roma e collegati bene per arrivare a Roma Centro in 20 minuti.Le nostre camere tutte ben arredate sono dotate di bagno privato, tv, frigo, phon e aria condizionata.Al mattino una ricca e abbondante colazione da gustare in sala o in giardino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sabrina Airport B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabrina Airport B&B Rome/Fiumicino