“Great hotel near Rome airport”

Hotel Tiber Fiumicino
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We needed a hotel near Rome for our last night of an Italian vacation. We wanted to avoid chain hotels and stay somewhere "more Italian". This is a wonderful hotel. They offer a shuttle to and from the airport for a reasonable price - 6 Euro. They have a restaurant on-site with a fairly small but totally acceptable number of choices. House white wine was very good. They include a fairly substantial breakfast with the room. View from our room of the marina was beautiful. Rooms were spacious and clean, and they provided free slippers! The price seemed similar to other hotels near the airport that I researched. I will definitely stay here again if I am lucky enough to go back to Rome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gotta_travel_9

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked this hotel as an alternative to the "other" international hotel attached to the airport. It was to be a brief visit for some sleep rather than sit for six hours at night in the Rome airport awaiting a connecting flight. Unfortunately, my original flight was three hours late in arriving and I could not use the shuttle, it being too late. I had a big argument with the cab driver - beware of the Italian cabbies, they will all cheat you - and refused to pay once I found out how close the hotel really was. The night clerk confirmed what the cab price SHOULD have been, and that is all I gave the cabbie telling him to take it or leave it - his choice. After that drama ended, I was shown to a very unexpectedly large and comfortable hotel room. I loved the modern look and the extremely comfortable bed. My wake up call was on time, and while I completed my shower, the night clerk arrived at my room with coffee and biscuits since I would be leaving too early for breakfast. She also had called me a cab which waited for me - at the correct price! Ultimately it was a very expensive three/four hour visit, but one that was enjoyable and refreshing allowing me to continue my journey relaxed. From reading other reviews posted before me, I wish I had allowed time during my return to Rome and before heading to the US for a longer visit. It sounds like a lovely area. Perhaps on another trip...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Travelfilter
Reviewed 7 July 2014

As we were caught out by the French air traffic strike we had to break our journey from Sicily to England in Rome. Not wishing to trek into Rome for an overnight stay we looked for a hotel near the airport at Fiumicino. We managed to avoid the usual airport hotels finding the Tiber Hotel which is located in Fiumincino right at the mouth of the river and overlooking a small marina and the fish quay where the local fishing boats land their catches.

The hotel is three years old and stylishly modern and all parts were immaculate. We had a superior room which was spacious and well appointed with safe, TV, en suite and sitting area. Large windows which could be opened to let in the sea breeze looked out over the river and the sea beyond.

Although close to the airport 10 minutes by taxi, there was no problem with aircraft noise.

Best of all we were just wanting to relax after delayed flights and we were able to enjoy the rooftop sun terrace and swimming pool the climate was tempered by the welcome sea breeze. The staff were helpful and friendly and allowed us to keep our room until the afternoon of our departure since our flight did not leave until early evening. A shuttle bus service operates which is slightly cheaper than the taxi fare.

Also important for the traveller is the free wi-fi to allow checking on airline websites etc.

The hotel has a pleasant bar and restaurant and the surrounding area is served by small restaurants serving mainly fish.

All in all more than just a stop over but a surprise addition to our holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river give an interesting outlook as the fishing boats moor opposite the hotel
1  Thank pc1949
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 days to unwind after Rome and Florence, it was defiantly a good choice. The room was large clean and well appointed. There are toiletries and slippers provided. The pillows are the best I have ever had in a hotel. The pool is on the roof with a sunbathing terrace that has great views of the area. Breakfast is plentiful and there is a good selection including scrambled eggs frankfurters and pancetta, fresh fruit, yogurts, toast and pastries. The staff are welcoming and helpful. Their is a hotel shuttle to and from the airport and Rome, which can be prebooked. Now the few moans.... The room fridge had to be unplugged because it was so noisy, their is a 3.50 euro charge for a swim cap which is obligatory to use the pool and if you do not have your own towel it's the. 5 euro for towel and swim cap! Room service, we called and tried to order ceaser salad but were told it was an old menu in the room and could have a hamburger... Not impressed. On the whole a great hotel that we would return to but I'd take my own swimming cap!

3  Thank Hammers19
HotelTiber, Revenue Manager at Hotel Tiber Fiumicino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for staying at our Hotel Tiber Fiumicino and for a good review left.
As per your heading, finish holiday well is one of the most important thing and we are very happy to have been the cherry on the top…
We also thank you for information left to other travelers regarding prices and service we offer…
Looking forward to guest you soon again, with your own cap, we wish you a good day!
Warm regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our group of 15 because of it's proximity to Rome. We were near the city without being in the city with all its noise and chaos. The rooms were very clean and modern and over looked the inlet from the Sea. Fishing boats greeted us everyday with their bells and horns. There are restaurants and stores along the main street and on Saturdays, an open market with everything you can think of with a festival and music at night. The restaurant had a very nice breakfast on the rooftop level overlooking the water and great food for dinner. This is a great hotel if you like being close to the airport or have a short stay as we did on our journey from Northern to Southern Italy.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with balconies that overlook the Sea.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked this hotel because we wanted to be near the airport for an early-morning flight, and didn't arrive til late. We wished we had come earlier because the area is delightful, right on the water, and it has the feeling of a holiday harbor town--sort of like a beach area on the East Coast of the U.S. Turned out we were there on the night of the Summer Festival, and we got to see a parade, kids games, even fireworks. The hotel itself is super-modern and the pool on the roof looked lovely, though we were too late to use it.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pleasant, modern hotel about 10 minutes from Rome's main airport. There are decent restaurants within easy walking distance. If you have to leave early in the morning from Da Vanci airport, this hotel is a good choice.

2  Thank Mark S