“Perfect hotel on your way to/ from the Airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Tiber Fiumicino

Hotel Tiber Fiumicino
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Helsinki, Finland
“Perfect hotel on your way to/ from the Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed the last night in Italy here. We didn't expect much at the rate we had paid, but we were hoping for a fresh hotel. What we got was a very clean, business level hotel. We arrived early afternoon and enjoyed the clean spacious hotelroom (with balcony) and the pool on the roof with views. Had thought the area would be very rural (being that close to the airport and all), but to our astonishment Fumicino is a pictoresque small community organized around the historical canal with an abundance of small restaurants. Breakfast choices were limited (as was other restaurant services too) but sufficient, and breakfast was served at the top floor with views all around. Use restaurants nearby. Avoid L'Osteria dei La Ginestra unless you want less tasting food in large quantities with poor service. Instead, go directly to restaurant Capogrossi (200m East from the hotel) and ask for Vito. Practical garage alternatively shuttle service.

Room Tip: Ask for Canal/Sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mpaasi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel Tiber due mainly to it's location and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located 5 minutes taxi from FCO airport, in the small coastal town of Fiumicino. We were greeted by an impeccably clean lobby and multilingual friendly staff. The hotel offers an airport transfer shuttle and a daily sightseeing Rome shuttle.
The room just like the lobby was very clean, tidy and well organized; we stayed in the superior double room. The room was very spacious and provided wonderful views of the harbour.
As we were late arrivals (9pm) we decided to eat in the restaurant. My wife had one of the largest lobsters I have ever seen! I chose the tuna with a mussels appetizer. The food was great and compared to Rome very affordable. For those who check in earlier or stay a few days, there are a lot of food options in the surrounding area.
Breakfast is available on the hotel from 6:30, I would describe it as a small, western, continental breakfast buffet (just what we needed after the worlds largest lobster).
We took the morning shuttle to the airport, the journey was around 10 minutes.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone with or a flight lay over, or who wants a quiet hotel while visiting Rome (Rome itself is very busy and expensive).

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Stuart J
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel might be well situated for business travels. Rooms are ok, yet nothing overly impressive. As i arrived around 12am and had a long day I asked for the possibility of breakfast in my room and the receptionist told me there was for an extra charge. Yet when I called in the morning nobody answered the phone for like 10min. Angrily I went upstairs to ask for why nobody was answering. She told me it did not. Called me a liar in front of other guests.
Breakfast ends at 10am.

10:03 I called again. Somebody answered but stating in the same moment that the kitchen was closed now. I asked why nobody answered the phone. "We were at the rooftop garden".
Outside weather conditions: thunderstorm and rain.

I do realize you have to be careful on how to judge Italian hospitality but this hotel really is a joke.
I staid here twice. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank MrX M
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Hotel Tiber. We booked for two nights at the end of our trip so we were close to the airport. Our whole experience was good. Friendly staff, comfortable room and everything incredibly clean. There were 3 of us in a family room which was a little small but still sufficient for what we needed. Our son loved the rooftop pool which gave fabulous views across town and out to sea. We had chosen a room which overlooked the river and harbour. It was great to watch the fisherman and their boats coming in with their catch. There was a good selection of restaurants on the doorstep and a good few rustic style wine bars too. Be aware that on a Monday many of the places are closed making for a quiet town and limited choice but the hotel has its own restaurant if necessary. Overall a good experience and I'd be more than happy to return for another stay if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Localgal45
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

After spending a couple of weeks with the friendly folks along the Amalfi Coast, I was surprised that we seemed to be invisible to the front desk people. The WiFi was unreliable. I had to keep resetting and finally it just wasn't worth it. A nice thing is the rooftop pool, however you need to pay 6 Euro for a towel and bathing cap. OK for an overnight, but I'm still looking for a better hotel close to the airport.

Room Tip: It would appear all rooms are small, but modern.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HotelTiber, Revenue Manager at Hotel Tiber Fiumicino, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I personally deeply apologies for the bad customer service received, which does not reflect our way of being.
We will take this opportunity to train better our staff and improve the services.
Soon we will change also wi-fi connection, because we had some problems.
Hoping to have the chance to guest you again, we thank you for have being at our Hotel Tiber Fiumicino.
Best regards
Chania Town, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

A clean, modern hotel easily accessible by frequent shuttle service from Fiumicino Airport. Nice spacious rooms and pleasant staff. We stayed there a night en route to Sardinia and would definitely stay there again if we need a stopover in Rome. Interesting fishing port with small trawlers going in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for room which overlooks the harbour.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was so pleased that I took a risk and chose Hotel Tiber instead of booking either of the two pricier Hilton airport hotels which I've stayed at previously. The hotel is a great find: very stylish, clean, affordable, and situated 5 minutes from FCO by airport shuttle (6 euro each way) in the fishing town of Fiumicino, itself an interesting spot to explore for an overnight. Most of the hotel rooms, including the restaurant, overlook the water, so I watched the fishermen do their work as I munched on bacon and eggs and sipped cappuccino. The staff was helpful and pleasant, and the pool and sun deck made for a restful place to decompress before heading back to the U.S. Bathing caps are required in the pool. I loved the Hotel Tiber!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo