We traveled to Rome from the USA to take a cruise. We planned an extra day on the front end and back end of the cruise in order to have additional time in Rome. After crunching all the numbers looking for the best value for our family of 4 we decided on this hotel.
Many of the hotels we investigated would have required us to have 2 rooms. We were able to get us all into one room at this hotel. (We learned this only by calling the hotel. The website did not seem to indicate this option). The other reasons this added up to be a good value: free breakfast, free shuttle back and forth into Rome, and no additional expense paying transfer fees back and forth from the airport to hotel - you can easily walk the distance between the airport and hotel. Also, the transfer fee to the ship was a little less money since we were being picked up at the airport (although our transfer agency - Avanti Destinations -just went ahead and picked us up at the hotel anyway for the lesser rate). Also, we booked a post cruise excursion of Rome through Royal Caribbean to include the Vatican and Colosseum/Forum that dropped us off at the airport at the end of the excursion...again no transfer fees = savings! After we checked back in at the hotel we rested and then got back on the shuttle into Rome to have dinner and do some additional sightseeing on our own. The shuttle ride is only about 30 minutes or so.
This hotel worked perfectly in many ways. Our flight arrived in Europe mid-morning so after checking in and leaving our bags with the front desk we just went to the executive lounge (which is included with this room selection) and had refreshments and relaxed then off on the free shuttle to Rome! Our teenagers actually had a little nap on the sofas in the lounge.
The quiet room was remarkably large and very clean with great beds. The free breakfast in the dining room was outstanding with so many delicious things to choose from. The executive lounge offered a nice little selection of complimentary snacks and drinks including sodas, juices, beer and wine. The shuttle service back and forth to Rome was perfect, dropping off guests in an excellent area of central Rome within walking distance to many of the sites/attractions and metro. The shuttle is a good size and holds around 50? or so passengers. We were always able to get a seat but it did fill up once and some guests had to wait for the next one into the city. Just get in line a few minutes early and you wont have any problem getting on. By the way, we used the metro to get over to the Sistine Chapel since we knew that would not be included in our post cruise excursion. The metro was very straight forward and easy to use and we always felt safe.
The ease of being so close to the airport on the day of departure back to the US was wonderful. We planned to make the brief walk to our gate from the hotel and to our surprise the hotel van drove us to our gate. We will stay here again when we return which is sure to happen since we threw coins into the Trevi Fountain! Ha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino