“Perfect Airport Overnight Hotel”

Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Oslo, Norway
“Perfect Airport Overnight Hotel”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here for one night during a airport stayover. Service was absolutely magnificent, as a HHonors member I was upgraded and felt like a valued guest. Had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was nice, so was the breakfast the morning after.

This is really a perfect hotel if you need to stay over close to the airport in Rome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know that the experience has been up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the service delivered by my Team. In particular, I am extremely glad that you felt recognized as a valued guest and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Andrea Carnevale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I flew out of Rome at 6:10am and wanted to sleep somewhere near the airport-- Hilton Rome Airport fit the bill. It was an average hotel with an above average price tag. After two weeks of travelling in Italy with free WiFi in each of our hotel rooms, we were appalled that the Hilton wanted us to pay for WiFi in our room. The proximity to the airport can't be beat (about five minutes to the terminal). My final note- the hotel had a weird smell. Like they were pumping air freshener through the ventilation system.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Guests ‘feedback is really important to us. I have taken note of all your comments and they will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

toronto
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I seem to have had a really different experience at this hotel than some of the recent reviewers.
I found it to be excellent in every way.
The location was perfect, near enough to the airport so as not to require transport, though there is a shuttle.
For me, the rather long walk on moving platforms was a good workout, even hauling a fifty pound piece of luggage with my hiking and kayaking gear inside.
The staff was incredibly efficient and friendly.
There was a glitch at the front desk when I was checking in--the computer suddenly went down and the staff did not know if my room was ready. I was really tight on time as I needed to catch the noon shuttle downtown. Though I was nervous, the staff handled things quite well and got me into the room just in time to quickly switch clothing, retouch my makeup from the eight hour plane ride and scramble downstairs in twenty minutes, fastest change time ever
I was upgraded to the executive floor for being a Hilton Gold member, and it made my stay.
I did not have to go looking for bottled water before I left--I just grabbed something from the lounge--which was one of the reasons I was able to make the shuttle.
The shuttle to downtown Rome was a godsend--it gave me the opportunity to see many of the main sights in the one day I was in Rome before I flew to Naples to join a group hiking the Amalfi Coast. One thing that almost gave me a heart attack, though---the shuttle stop is not labeled at all. A bunch of random buses of all types line up on a block. When I got to the place I had been left off many hours earlier, about twenty minutes before the appointed time and as darkness was rapidly falling, I had no clue if I was in the right place, or on the right side of the street. I went from person to person asking if anyone was heading for the Hilton and no one was. I went from bus to bus asking if anyone knew where the Hilton bus was--no one did. Finally, just as it was about to pull away, I chanced to connect with the right bus--it was the very last in the long line and we had been dropped much further ahead on the block. A sign would be oh so helpful.
I did not eat at the hotel--I just grabbed coffee and breakfast in the morning at the lounge, so I did not encounter problems with the food, though the cleanliness of the lounge was not terrific, now that I am remembering.
The hotel was pricy, but with the shuttle, it was decent value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ShifraToronto
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review on TripAdvisor. Overall, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and all the services provided. It is very rewarding to know that we made our guests happy and delivered the exceptional customer service they expect from the Hilton. I am sorry for the troubles with the shuttle. It is not possible to put a sign but our usual shuttle is easily identifiable by the Logos on it. It might happen that, for maintenance reasons, the usual bus can be temporarily replaced. In this case, there is no logo on it but only a plate at the front which can be a bit difficult to spot.
Thank you once again for your precious and constructive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here on a business+leisure trip. I wanted to rebook for December but coudn't get accommodation as the hotel is booked out. This is a Hilton property so there are a lot of good things to say about this hotel so I am just going to put down the great things:
1. The shuttle bus that runs every 2 hours takes only 40 min in non-traffic time to get you to center of Rome city, right next to the Colosseum
2. The bathroom mirror has magic behind it so when you get out of hot shower the mirror is not covered in vapors
3. Very pleasant staff, specially restaurant staff
4. Amazing buffet breakfast, lots of variety

There are some improvements I would suggest:
1. Very nice dinner menu but you don't serve chicken soup. The vegetable soup was great too but please try to include chicken soup.
2. The swipe card door lock doesn't open easily. It really became irritating in the end.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your taking the time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor. I have taken note of your suggestions and will surely take them into the greatest consideration to improve our future service. I am very happy that the overall experience has been very satisfactory and that you enjoyed the friendly service of my Team and our buffet breakfast.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

istanbul
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have never seen a rude, angry staff before. And also cleaners are dirty. I saw the cleaner putting the new towels to the closet. Never and never to come Rome fuimicino hotel except it is free. Because you can easily find better hotel. I don't like it. There is a shuttle bus driver WHO is shouting the guests. I am putting his face.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sercan k
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I have taken note of your comments and apologize if the overall experience has not been up to your expectations. Regarding the issue with the shuttle driver, I am aware that our Director of Operations has personally addressed your concerns and you were totally satisfied with the response of the Hotel. Rest assured that the episode will be investigated and your comments shared with the bus company management for their follow up. Thank you for being our guest!

Andrea Carnevale

Travellers are raving about these Fiumicino hotels

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 21 November 2013

i couldn't help choose this hotel bcuz of early flight, but it was good. especially its location-well that's the reason why i chose it- could'nt ask for better location:) and nice staff as well. i would recommend this hotel if you should leave Rome early morning or if you're pleased to use city shuttle that the hotel offers:D

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to know that the experience has been up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the friendly and professional service of my Team.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Perfect location for early morning departure. Eat somewhere else. The restaurant is over priced and the menu selections are limited. We stay there often and have given the restaurant many opportunities. Pizza is like cardboard, salads over dressed, fish fishy, meat overdone. It can't be hard to find a good chef in Italy!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for the unsatisfactory experience at the Restaurant. I have shared your comments with the Executive Chef for his review and action. I am glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.