“good location for airport”

Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 January 2014

stayed one night due to hotel location . room was clean but dated . breakfast was very good .
bar prices were crazy hence nobody in the bar or restaurant .i would stay again but only if I got a deal as I assume there are better hotels in the local area

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Overall I am glad that the stay has been up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and our breakfast buffet.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Andrea Carnevale

Write a ReviewReviews (4,563)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for one night when we'd flown in to Rome to catch our Mediterranean cruise in Civitavecchia. It is a convenient location, within walking distance from the airport via covered walkway, but the walk can be fairly long and cold in the winter, even with the covered walkway. The food at the hotel is fairly expensive, so if you're thinking of walking back to the airport to pick up snacks, do consider that you'll be walking that long, desolate walkway in the cold (if it's winter-time.) The rooms were clean and comfortable and the lobby was pleasant. There is a pool and spa in the hotel, a nice bonus for those who love to swim. There seemed to a be a local exercise class being held in the pool while we were using it - fun if you're open-minded (you can join in,) or an irritation if you'd like it quieter. There is paid internet access in the lobby (you have to enter your credit card information into the computer,) but it looks like you're part of the hotel staff if you're sitting at a huge desk in the lobby, so be prepared for someone to ask you where the bathroom is! There is also an ATM in the lobby, another convenience. We found the exchange rates at this hotel better than the one at the airport. Overall it was a decent experience, - we would have preferred to give it a 3.5 star rating, rather than 3 or 4.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is very important to us to receive guests’ genuine feedback. I have taken note of all your comments and will surely keep them into the greatest consideration to improve our future services. Just on a side note, free Wi-Fi internet connection is available in the Hotel public areas (Lobby, Bar&Restaurant) for guests using their own devices.
We really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Ideally located as it is attached by walkways to the airport, however it is a sterile property which is older. Room and bed were fine, but for an airport hotel it is not soundproofed well and you will hear planes. Nothing around property and restaurant is expensive for what it is. Breakfast buffet is quite good. Internet in room is very expensive which makes no sense given price of room. Internet in lobby is free and worked well. Also can't understand the 23 Euro cost of a movie in your room.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alsbergs

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I have taken note of all your comments and they will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
I am very surprised that you found the hotel to be noisy since we usually receive very positive comments on the quietness of the rooms despite the airport location.
We really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Average hotel considering its under the Hilton brand. But the staff were friendly, they also offered a shuttle service into Rome center every two hours. Free breakfast.
Overall the stay was OK.
There is no outdoor seating, which is strange considering this is a no smoking hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mia M

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. I am glad that the experience has been up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the friendliness of our Team and the courtesy shuttle to the City Center. Just on a side note, a smoking lounge located at the back of the restaurant is available for our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel location is excellent, the food decent, the room comfortable. However, the accoustics in the lobby and restaurant are poor, allowing the noise levels to be extremely high. The walls of the bedrooms are somewhat thin and it doesn't help to have the wood floors with no carpeting as you can hear the people walking overhead, especially if they have heels on. The staff is helpful and courteous. I was able to leave a bag with them while I flew to another city for a couple of days. Upon arrival in Rome Airport, you have a choice of taking a taxi, or finding the Skyway (to which I never saw any directions in the Arrivals area) and walking with your baggage. The shuttle is technically for the Hilton Garden, but they will take you to the top of the drive for the Airport property if you insist. No shuttle service from the hotel to the Airport unless you are going to Terminal 5. Otherwise its taxi or Skyway. The Skyway with little luggage is probably okay, but with 2 or more pieces or any infirmities its not the best idea. I'd like to see shuttle service offered for international travellers at least, even if prebooking is required

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I have taken note of all your comments and happy to know that you appreciated the convenience of our location and the comfort of our rooms. I am sorry if you found the public areas to be noisy and apologize for the inconvenience.
Guests ‘feedback is very important to us and it will surely allow us to improve our future performances.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Hotel is right at the airport. You can walk down long corridors to get to it. The rooms are small. The price is way too high for what you get. Used the pool. OK. Café service is horrible. Food is so-so. There is a bus provided to take you into Rome central. That is worthwhile and no charge. Warning: if you have a flight out early in the morning don't take the long walk to the airport; the doors are closed at the airport. Take the Hotel shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: try to get a lower price; prices are way too high
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stan R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your stay with us. Guests’ feedback is much appreciated and will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
I have taken note of all your comments and I am sorry to read that the service at the Caffé Tevere was below your expectations.
I really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The location of this hotel cannot be beat for those flying in or out of Rome Airport, HOWEVER, be warned that you are walking into a four star hotel that can only deliver at a three star level -- so be prepared to be underwhelmed and lower your expectations.

Compared the Frankfurt Airport Hilton, this airport is an embarrassment. The staff at both the front desk and in the restaurant were outstanding and very supportive. This is what I consider to be the face of the hotel and was as it should have been. The lobby was clean and up to expectation, in fact the facilities themselves were more than adequate.

So what's the fuss? Well, we were given a suite on the seventh floor and the moment we entered, we knew we were in for conflict. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. We had two adjacent rooms -- one a full suite and the room of concern, which was a simple room with a King. We called down to the receptionist and spoke with a woman who was quick to dismiss our concerns, but I insisted. Initially, she just wanted to send up housekeeping to see what they could do, but you don't make a smoking room into a non-smoking room with the whip of a magic wand. She was ready to hang up the phone, but I felt that if I didn't insist on changing the room that I would get no relief -- and ultimately no sleep as the room literally smelled like a bowling alley.

After calmly asserting myself -- when I should have been given options without even asking -- the reception said that she would find another room on another floor, but the rooms would not be adjacent. I told her that I had not requested that they be so in the first place, so I was grateful that she would go out of her way to make the accommodation (when really she wouldn't have done anything had I not put some pressure on).

I was given a room on the fifth floor, where the entire wing was non-smoking. I had to laugh that our reservation from the hotel's own website months prior did not result in our being assigned to this floor in the first place. Did they assume that my teenagers were all smokers and needed a smoking room?

In the new room, I found that the windows did not open at all -- not even an inch. The air was humid and musty and the air conditioning/heating unit only recirculated the stale air -- not a great result. In all of my years of traveling, this was the first time I felt claustrophobic in a hotel room -- and I have stayed in some really, really small rooms.

This room was like a little prison -- and it was a very long night. The features in the hotel were fine, e.g., American-type shower, hair dryer, etc. But it was not a great hotel. If even the windows had been able to be cracked, even the smoking room might have been acceptable, but now I understand why the smoking rooms were so bad -- they were just recirculating the crappy 2nd hand smoke. Yuck -- yuck and double yuck!

So my lessons learned: If you are staying in this hotel, make it a short stay to get in and/or get out. Better yet, fly into Frankfurt where the Hilton was outstanding.

One last thing -- we were charged up the ying-yang for anything and everything, so bring your own water and snacks and don't expect free wi-fi. Amazing that this hotel can even call itself a Hilton.

Room Tip: Request a non-smoking room or you might get recirculated 2nd hand smoke. Get a room away from the p...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. I have carefully read all your comments and I very sorry about the issues with both of your rooms (the first for the smoking odour and the second for the impossibility to open the window). I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeping and Maintenance Team to make sure that actions are taken where necessary. I do not have the details of your reservation, so I cannot check what room you were assigned with. In any case, I am sorry if there was an unpleasant smoking odour and will surely investigate further with our Housekeeping Team.
Regarding the internet, free Wi-Fi connection is available in all hotel public areas for guests using their own devices.
I really hope we can have another opportunity to serve you better. Should your future plans bring you back to Rome, please contact me directly and I will be happy to take care of your reservation and make sure that your stay will be a most enjoyable one.