“A great Hotel for a morning flight / decompress after a long flight”

Golden Tulip Rome Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This beautiful Hotel is just a shuttle ride away from Rome's busy airport. After turning in the rental car and catching a taxi back to the Hotel, it was the perfect Hotel to get a quiet night sleep, in an immaculately clean room. I only wish we had booked a second night, to enjoy the beautiful pool and all this Hotel had to offer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pamela Y
Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The outside is just plain, but wait until you see the inside. Beautiful. Like a pearl inside an oyster. Outdoor pool is great, lots of sitting and especially love the restaurant that opens up to outside. Great wood fire pizzas and food. Staff very friendly. Rooms clean and very modern looking. Very nice hotel at the airport.

Room Tip: Get a room with view of pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the last night of our 12 nights in Italy and were very disappointed. We had to wait two hours for the shuttle. Our room had filthy floors. The bathroom mirror was broke. The hallway floor was covered in drywall and staples and other carpentry bits. We had to leave our passports with the front desk and when I asked if they'd return it to me because I wanted to go to bed, I was told I had to come back down in 30 mins and get it. The staff were unmotivated and Stephane at the front desk just wanted to get me away so he could go back to whatever he was doing. So glad to know the customers are important. The "it" cafe is said to be open 10 a to 11p but when I went down there at 5p I was told only drinks. The pool is pretty from a distance but the mold by the waterfall was disgusting. The elevator was sketchy and the facility as a whole needs repairs. The website says it has been renovated. I don't see it. The photos online do not match the room I stayed in. How is this a 4 star hotel? The neighborhood behind hotel is full of dogs that bark all night. Overall I will not rec this property to my clients. I book quite a few people to Rome each month and thought I'd try this property so I'd have a backup if our normal go to properties were sold out. Not gonna happen. The staff barely answered my questions and made me feel really crummy.

So to sum it up. 2 hr wait for shuttle. Rude and uncaring staff. Dirty floors. Broken bathroom. Noisy surroundings. AND I STILL HAVE NOT GONE TO SLEEP. Let's hope my morning is better. But it isn't looking good!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Vysed
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed overnight to board our flight for Hong Kong the next day. The shuttle service was great but the information provided as to the location was incorrect but we managed to find the driver. We used the same service the next day to go to the airport, it was convenient and inexpensive. The hotel itself was very good but unfortunately the rubbish bin in our room had not been cleaned from the previous guests. Dinner in the restaurant was reasonably priced and the breakfast in the morning substantial. Overall we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

After a long flight from Toronto to Rome, we arrived tired and disoriented to the hotel at 8 am. Our room was not to be ready until 2 pm. The hotel offered to secure our luggage until we got our room and then invited us to have breakfast and use the pool until then. We had packed our swimsuits in our carry-ons so everything worked out well. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and certainly suited our needs. The pool and facilities were clean and well maintained. Our room was ready on time and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. Any services we required from the concierge were very helpful. Dinner at the restaurant was savoury and unique, enjoying local wine and craft beer. It was a great place to visit as a start to our first European vacation!

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool, it looks amazing when its all lit up at night!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We needed a place to stay for a few days, that was near our relatives in Ostia, and from the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to stay at the Golden Tulip. The reviews we read we pretty spot-on. The hotel was rather new, super modern, clean, friendly staff, and an amazing pool! Breakfast is included with your room (we paid 135 euros/night for a double), and the hotel is located close to the new port of Ostia, Ostia Antica, and the airport (all within a 10-minute drive). If you're going to stay here, I would recommend getting a rental car from the airport, because taxis are rather expensive-especially after 8pm (6.30 euro charge/person). The hotel is also in a close to the airport, but, if you wanted to take the train into Rome, the nearest train station is also within a 10-min drive. Even though the hotel is close to the airport, I was pleasantly surprised that it was rather quiet-I never heard the planes coming in or going out of Fiumicino. I'd definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you're traveling to Rome on business, and would highly suggest renting a car to get around.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room with a pool view-it's a good one!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We booked this hotel for one night before going to join a cruise. It is fairly close to the airport, 3 kilometres, but the shuttle pick up point is a long way from the terminal, as most are, and not a great service for 6 euros each. The hotel reception was nice enough and the staff not bad for Italy. we booked our rooms a couple of months prior via a hotel booking site and got a very good rate including breakfast, as all rates here do, but it was for a standard room. The rooms we got were in the roof on the 5th floor and you could only just stand in part of it. It wasn't a hot day, thank God, as this room would had been unbearable even with aircon. The hotel wasn't very busy but these are the rooms we got, so I advise if you are staying here make sure you get a superior room. The room was basic and clean as was the bathroom with an inadequate tv.
Breakfast was just acceptable. Overall not too bad if on a good rate and not in a standard otherwise look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple