“Friendly Welcome and everything I need”

Golden Tulip Rome Airport
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Paphos, Cyprus
“Friendly Welcome and everything I need”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I just arrived here on a return flight connection, on arrival the Receptionist ( I think Renato) was very friendly and forthcoming. He explained everything I needed to know. He also offered a weak-up call without me asking. The Room is clean and looks very modern. I booked my room online and it was 55 UK Sterling including breakfast which I think is very good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As a family of four from Canada we chose this hotel for its proximity to the Fiumicino airport in Rome and good reviews. I am not sure if the people who wrote these good reviews were staying in the same hotel or not, but we had absolutely horrendous experience in every aspect of our stay. The hotel staff: front reception clerk named Stephane, which whom we, unfortunately, had to deal twice; the dining room staff and even the bell boy were rude, indifferent or plainly hated tourists. Stephane has managed not only make us feel like unwelcomed pests in his house - nothing like being greeted with an irritated "Yes?" as you stands there with suitcases and wait while he finishes his conversation with a friend; but also managed to send us to the WRONG TERMINAL at the airport. When I've suspected something and asked him to double-check, he has rolled his eyes and replied: "Don't you think I know what I am talking about?".
The room was dirty - it was so disgusting I tried not to touch anything in the bathroom or anywhere in the room. Everything is old, broken and stained. Mirrors are chipped and cracked, mold everywhere (people with alergies, beware!), stains on towels and sheets. Disgusting, just disgusting.
Avoid like a plague.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
hershey
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This beautiful Hotel is just a shuttle ride away from Rome's busy airport. After turning in the rental car and catching a taxi back to the Hotel, it was the perfect Hotel to get a quiet night sleep, in an immaculately clean room. I only wish we had booked a second night, to enjoy the beautiful pool and all this Hotel had to offer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pamela Y
Landrum, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The outside is just plain, but wait until you see the inside. Beautiful. Like a pearl inside an oyster. Outdoor pool is great, lots of sitting and especially love the restaurant that opens up to outside. Great wood fire pizzas and food. Staff very friendly. Rooms clean and very modern looking. Very nice hotel at the airport.

Room Tip: Get a room with view of pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the last night of our 12 nights in Italy and were very disappointed. We had to wait two hours for the shuttle. Our room had filthy floors. The bathroom mirror was broke. The hallway floor was covered in drywall and staples and other carpentry bits. We had to leave our passports with the front desk and when I asked if they'd return it to me because I wanted to go to bed, I was told I had to come back down in 30 mins and get it. The staff were unmotivated and Stephane at the front desk just wanted to get me away so he could go back to whatever he was doing. So glad to know the customers are important. The "it" cafe is said to be open 10 a to 11p but when I went down there at 5p I was told only drinks. The pool is pretty from a distance but the mold by the waterfall was disgusting. The elevator was sketchy and the facility as a whole needs repairs. The website says it has been renovated. I don't see it. The photos online do not match the room I stayed in. How is this a 4 star hotel? The neighborhood behind hotel is full of dogs that bark all night. Overall I will not rec this property to my clients. I book quite a few people to Rome each month and thought I'd try this property so I'd have a backup if our normal go to properties were sold out. Not gonna happen. The staff barely answered my questions and made me feel really crummy.

So to sum it up. 2 hr wait for shuttle. Rude and uncaring staff. Dirty floors. Broken bathroom. Noisy surroundings. AND I STILL HAVE NOT GONE TO SLEEP. Let's hope my morning is better. But it isn't looking good!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Vysed
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed overnight to board our flight for Hong Kong the next day. The shuttle service was great but the information provided as to the location was incorrect but we managed to find the driver. We used the same service the next day to go to the airport, it was convenient and inexpensive. The hotel itself was very good but unfortunately the rubbish bin in our room had not been cleaned from the previous guests. Dinner in the restaurant was reasonably priced and the breakfast in the morning substantial. Overall we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

After a long flight from Toronto to Rome, we arrived tired and disoriented to the hotel at 8 am. Our room was not to be ready until 2 pm. The hotel offered to secure our luggage until we got our room and then invited us to have breakfast and use the pool until then. We had packed our swimsuits in our carry-ons so everything worked out well. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and certainly suited our needs. The pool and facilities were clean and well maintained. Our room was ready on time and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. Any services we required from the concierge were very helpful. Dinner at the restaurant was savoury and unique, enjoying local wine and craft beer. It was a great place to visit as a start to our first European vacation!

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool, it looks amazing when its all lit up at night!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple