“Great hotel, but beware of the man of the breakfast room.”

Golden Tulip Rome Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Been there on November 12. Hotel totally exceeded my expectations: clean, modern, beautiful scenery. Front desk people are very good, especially the gentleman with the East European accent. He truly went out of his way every time, something not easy to find. As I was going to have breakfast on the morning of November 13, I had to wait for the breakfast room to open at 06:00 AM. By 06:05 the room was still closed with lights off, which was no big deal at all as we could have waited more time. When my wife asked the man in charge of the breakfast room if the room would have been opened soon, without even saying a word he gestured her that she had to wait, with gestures that were very unappropriated and most certainly not up to this hotel' s standards. After he opened, as I commented (in Italian) that "thanks God it was open", he started to argue with me and at that point I had to remind his that I was a customer and he owed me proper respect. Other than this miserable interaction, I had a very good experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SandroDTW
Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel close to the airport
After missing our flight we arrived there and the guy on the front desk and give is a very nice room with balcony and print our new tickets
The hotel is very clean and nice
Close to the airport

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We chose this hotel as we had been on a 12 night cruise and our flight home was a morning one, so we stayed an extra night near Rome airport for convenince. The hotel was OK, we were disappointed not to get a balcony room (or at least overlooking the pool) as it appeared the hotel was far from full, so this would not have been a problem. Instead we had a small room facing the front of the hotel, where the road was quite noisy. Saying that the room had what we needed. Bathroom was poorly designed, toilet far too close to the basin, but showere was good. We were also disappointed to find that the pool was closed as we were told it was 'out of season' even though it was a really hot day and that was one of the main reasons I booked this hotel. Restaurant food was good, although pricy. At lunch we had buger and fries for 16 Euros each. We also ate here in the evening as we had booked half board (glad we did as there is very little else around). The food were were allowed to have (they didn't seem to get the concept of half board so I think they just made up what we could have), was very nice, very reasonable price for wine, but pricey for beer.
Shuttle service was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I hope my opinion can be read since I run a hotel and restaurant consultancy I always try to be as objective as possible

The rooms are perfect and clean, reception is very professional and friendly and above all people never expect such service and quality in a restaurant linked to an airport hotel
We can tell you this is different....
Food was perfect with a huge variety of dishes including pizza, the waiters spontaneously friendly and very proffessional.
We had a view over the swimming pool and the palm trees wich made us think for a while we weren't there for business....
Golden Tulip made a very good deal

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank paul_noel4
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We chose this hotel as an overnight stop ahead of joining a cruise. We arrived at about 8pm to a very welcome reception. The room (a family suite) was large, modern and clean enough with a great view overlooking the pool. There were a few ill fitted electrical sockets but these were minor and gave the appearance of a rushed job. We chose to eat at the pizzeria restaurant that was 100 yards down the road and this was great, real authentic pizza and pasta that the kids loved. Breakfast the next morning was limited if you are used to hotels serving a full English, but it was decent enough. We were greeted by our transfer on time to make our way to the cruise terminal and all in all a surprisingly good experience given I had my doubts following other reviews of this hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is a good option if you want to guarantee the size of room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lewisam
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My girlfriend and I reluctantly chose an airport hotel for convenience sake: I was grumbling. We were delighted ! with the quality, design, service and food of this hotel! super fast free wifi, best in all Italy on this trip....a lovely design, each room has a balcony (facing the nice attractive pool with garden) had a modern open metal railing, ample space to lie in the sun outside, with very attractive plantings: clean and modern throughout! super nice staff. Easy transport to the airport via the shuttle and easy also by taxi. Most of all was the lovely dining room, w. attractive upbeat modern furnishings and deee list us! food! a true surprise, we over eat. Ha. o well. We both had the feeling that local italians were coming in to eat here. Nice pool side tables under cover just great overall! If I need this airport location again I will surely stay here! Value? crazy good for the quality. Only negative was the shower floor, those tiles are dangerously slippery: we put down a down in the shower itself so not to fall.

Room Tip: seems to me all the rooms are good in this place: we were facing the nice pool w. garden
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Murri99
Reviewed 27 October 2013

After 10 days in Italy we were ready to go home. A long layover led us to the Golden Tulip which was chosen because of their shuttle service. What a great choice. Elegant, friendly, helpful, and our dinner was one of our top three meals in Italy! I am still salivating at the chickpea zuppa- the BEST soup I had in Italy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends