“A quick, relaxing stay”

Golden Tulip Rome Airport
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed here one night before meeting someone at the airport the next day. The bedroom and bathroom were pristine and nicely decorated. I paid a 30 euro cab to get there (all of the cab drivers will rip you off unless you're comfortable with Italian- make sure you have cash). However, the 6 euro shuttle is a great deal and it's easy- I did this on my way back to the airport. If you can book your arrivla/departure time around their shuttle operating hours, it will definitely save you from stress. The restaurant downstairs was convenient and pretty reasonable. I was alone, but felt safe the entire time- the staff was friendly and their English was easy to work with. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay near the airport. It's beautiful and an amazing value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Golden Tulip Rome Airport

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were needing a place to stay prior to our flight home after a mediterranean cruise. This hotel had a great price and looked ok on the reviews. When we were driving to the hotel I began to worry that it was not what we had hoped as the area seems remote. I was relieved to find that the hotel was excellent! The staff had a great understanding of english, the room was clean and quiet. The best part of the stay was the in house restaurant (.it Italian restaurant). It surprised us as we were expecting "just another hotel bar". My wife and I both agreed that it turned out to be the best meal of the trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tristan E
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I try to be positive in my reviews but on this occasion I really am disappointed. We booked this hotel after a perfect few days in Rome we needed somewhere close to the airport for an early morning flight.
We made our way to the airport from central Rome in order to catch the shuttle bus which ran from the airport to the hotel. We arrived at 20.20 at the collection point the shuttle bus was advertised to collect people at 20.30. Another couple arrived, we stood in the cold but no bus arrived. While we were waiting the Hilton Garden Inn bus came by 3 times and the Marriott bus 2 times.
Eventually at 21.20 after we stood for an hour a shuttle bus arrived, the driver got himself into a heated debate in Italian with the other couple I guess about why he was 50 minutes late. The driver was very untidy in fact disheveled looking, he smelt and drove with the window down even though it was a cold January night. I was concerned about were the driver had been and why he needed the window down.
When we arrived at the hotel the driver made his way into reception and words were exchanged between the receptionist and the driver. I asked at reception why the bus had been so late and was very sharply told to ask the driver, no apology from the hotel.
The hotel room itself was sparse but very clean, the shower was excellent, we had a drink at the bar and the service here was very good, at this point and considering we only paid 50 euro for the night I was happy enough.
The walls are quite thin and there was a bit of corridor noise but overall not a bad room for the price. Breakfast was included and was fine.
We went to check out the next morning, there was row going on with a receptionist and other guests, then all the receptionists seem to get involved, by this time the shuttle bus was waiting and my partner went on ahead to get our cases on as we had flight to catch. When it was my turn I explained that I had prepaid and only owed the money for the shuttle, however the receptionist said my credit card was not charged and was only held as a deposit. He waved a piece of paper in front of me to reinforce his point. I was sure I had prepaid but had difficulty logging on to the wifi to check my email, he kept insisting his computer showed the room was not prepaid. The bus at this point was leaving so I agreed to pay for the room.
On returning to the UK i found my credit card had been charged at the time of booking and again on checkout.
I have rang the hotel today at 3pm but told nobody can help and to call again tomorrow.
Therefore with having paid for a very average room twice, now having the expensive of at least two international telephone calls and a 1 hour stand in the cold, I wish I had went to the Hilton.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and go to Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn, both do regular pickups, believe me I stood...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAMES m
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This was the perfect way to end our vacation. This is the perfect airport hotel. The common areas are modern, attractive and clean and the restaurant is fantastic! We all wanted to have a good Italian meal and were afraid we would end up with generic hotel food. The menu is varied and the food presentation beautiful. We had pizza and pasta and were very happy although everything we saw being served looked delicious. We used the airport shuttle in the morning and were pleased with the service. As another reviewer experienced, there was a group event that night and it was a little loud since we had our windows open but the noise didn't bother us. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had to fly out of Italy to go back home to Venezuela and some of my colleagues recommended me this nice hotel. For one night, waiting to catch the plane to Caracas, it has been very good, with the possibility to book it and pay it in advance with a discount. The distance from the airport is fair (less than 10 minutes drive from Fiumicino Airport), the welcome and the attention warm and the restaurant has a good menu though, maybe, a bit too expensive. The room was quiet, simple and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Guido P
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We often fly out of Rome and almost always stay in Fiumicino the night before. This is the first time we have stayed at the Golden Tulip. In the future, we will never stay anywhere else. This hotel is wonderful.

The only thing better than the hotel is the hotel's restaurant. The dinner and breakfast were fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is the ideal place to stay if you have an overnight transit at FCO airport, Rome. Understand the place was taken over by the Golden Tulip and renovated.

Rooms are pleasantly appointed, functional, with wifi. The hotel restaurant was very good with good food and service.

Hotel has an airport shuttle from 6 am to 10 pm. I had an early morning flight and had to take a cab which was rather expensive - 25 euros for a 4-km ride less than ten minutes.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business