US$142
La Conchiglia(Fregene)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$352
Travelocity
All reviewsclose to the airportone nightbest western hotelresidential arealarge balconyshort walk to the beachseafoodtwo blocksocean viewwithin walking distancefiumicino airportper personreturn flighthotel shuttlean early morning flightpizzacold cuts
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Often we check into a hotel and it is the room and grounds that grab our attention. The BW hotel Riviera has something other than that: great staff and a Roman seaside resort neighbourhood. I had a night before a connecting flight and reserved via a phone call from the list of near-by hotels provided by grumpy Tourist Information staff at Rome FCO. I didn't want the commute into Rome proper so Fiumicino won the business.

Max was working the evening shift and he was diplomatic and conscientious when I arrived (Alitalia had screwed up my flight and I was a little upset at the time). Max got me settled in a room off the courtyard at the back, and then gave me some tips on where to find some good drinks and food in the neighbourhood. This helped tremendously (I would recommend the pizzeria a block away- it is not on the beach, but the owner is very welcoming and the pizza was as good as anything I had this trip to Italy).

Vincent was working the day shift and was a wonderful in helping provide me a lot of info that I needed in order to take care of things before I boarded my evening flight. He was very capable and I can't believe that he was working at the hotel, when he should have been running a major tourist-orientated business at the airport, he was that good. (Actually, he should be running a lot of organisations for travel in Italy)

The young lady who prepared breakfast and coffees in the morning also doubled as housekeeping staff and I would like to thank her (here on TripAdvisor) for being so careful with the cleaning and taking care of the rooms.

The rooms are a little bit stuffy as a previous reviewer said, so the super clean interiors and well made beds made them acceptable. The computer in the lobby area and the always on Wifi were wonderful (I needed to do a lot of emails that evening and next morning).

Funnily enough, this forced stay in Fiumincino, at the Hotel Riveria was a nice way to leave Italy. The beach is really quite acceptable and as cultural tourism it is a delight. Real Italian families enjoying the beach. Real beach bars set-up for domestic tourism. Real day time rush, and get back to Rome before night time schedules.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank BandBreviewer
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is a great-value hotel for anyone needing to catch an early plane from Fiumicino airport, or maybe arriving too late for onward travel. The only problem with our room, off a charming courtyard, was that its sole window gave onto that courtyard, so it was a bit stuffy. But it was a very hot night so outside of August that shouldn't be a problem (and there was air conditioning...). The staff were very helpful and charming. The only downside was the fact that the car park is so small it's often full, which Leaves latecoming guests with the only other option, which is leaving your car on the street!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building (but not on the road)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked this hotel because I needed a place to stay for a long lay over between China and Canada. I had already seen Rome a hundred of times (lucky me!) so this time I only wanted to relax at the beach between my two long flights. Hotel Riviera was ok for this. Let's be clear I would not spend my summer holidays here but it was perfect for a lay over. The beach is not that nice but it is still the beach and I could work on my tan ;) I didn't think that the neighborhood was dangerous and at night I ate pretty well at a local trattoria.

The single bedroom was clean, quiet and had anything I needed. There was no safe in the room but there were plenty of them at the reception. The shuttle service was super convenient, cheap and always on schedule. The breakfast was a bit of a let down for the coffee. Guys we come to Italy to have real cappuccino and espresso, not the ones coming from a machine! Staff at the reception was always friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for a lay over in Fiumicino (if you don't want or don't have time to go all the way to Rome).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here with my wife for 1 night since we had an early morning flight to catch to Greece. We checked in at 1pm, which I believe is early, and headed straight for the beach. The staff has been very nice and spoke English.

1 block away we found lots of families laying out, playing and eating at the local restaurants. Although the area is somewhat rundown, we didn't feel threatened or that it was as bad as some of these reviews said. I'm not sure I would pick this area OR hotel for a long term vacation but for a 1 day/night stay over by the beach, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel is in a good location for the airport and it is the reason we chose it for the night before our return flight to the States. The room we had was very small: hard to navigate around the room with luggage on the floor. The room and the bathroom were very clean. If we were to stay for an extended period, this room would be unacceptable, but as we were only there for the night, it was fine. There was limited TV access (we speak Italian)

Check-in was alright, but the gentleman who checked us in was not helpful at all. We parked the car right in front of the hotel door. Unloaded the car and he watched as we struggled getting the luggage up the entry stairs. We checked in at about 3 PM. This person was thoroughly useless. He watched as a mature woman and an 80+ year old man carry the luggage up to the entry. He didn't even show us the room...just handed us the key and pointed in the general direction of the elevator.

On the other hand, later in the day another male came on duty and he was most helpful and apologized for the inconveniences.

Breakfast was okay (free), but the coffee was not.

The hotel's advantages are: near the airport and near the beach (we didn't use it for that).

The hotel is not in a dangerous place nor is it questionable. Perhaps it is because both my husband and I speak Italian that we didn't have any difficulties.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business