US$128
US$153
US$121
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$391
US$360
All reviewsclose to the airportone nightbest western hotelresidential arealarge balconyshort walk to the beachseafoodtwo blocksocean viewwithin walking distancefiumicino airportper personreturn flighthotel shuttlean early morning flightpizzacold cuts
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We booked our room (for two nights) online, a few months before our actual stay. We also got a good discount in the process. We chose their only suite, because we knew it had a sea-view terrace. But it turned out a place beyond our expectations.
We were on our way back to the States, with an early flight two mornings after, and at the end of a long, stressful drive. We surely appreciated the staff's kindness at our arrival, and the great, spacious suite awaiting for us to enjoy. The terrace facing the sea gave us a comfortable evening, lounging and watching a spectacular sunset over the Tirreno Sea. Dinner at a nearby traditional Roman restaurant topped it all. We slept soundly, thanks to the fact that the hotel sits in a quiet corner at the end of the "lungomare".
We certainly will return there again on our trip back to Italy next summer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Francesca Giova... P
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood near a dirty beach.
There are only 2 restaurants near the hotel and they are closed until after 7pm. So you have to wait for them to open before you can have dinner and rest for your flight out. The food was only fair.

The hotel room is clean but the shower in our room did not seal so water ran out of the bathroom into the bedroom! The bed was comfortable & pillows were fluffy. Breakfast was a mess of stale coffee cake & the like. Watery coffee from the dispenser that did not work well. I had a small cup of yogurt and we were off to the Rome airport, located 10 minutes away.
I would stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robi47
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Often we check into a hotel and it is the room and grounds that grab our attention. The BW hotel Riviera has something other than that: great staff and a Roman seaside resort neighbourhood. I had a night before a connecting flight and reserved via a phone call from the list of near-by hotels provided by grumpy Tourist Information staff at Rome FCO. I didn't want the commute into Rome proper so Fiumicino won the business.

Max was working the evening shift and he was diplomatic and conscientious when I arrived (Alitalia had screwed up my flight and I was a little upset at the time). Max got me settled in a room off the courtyard at the back, and then gave me some tips on where to find some good drinks and food in the neighbourhood. This helped tremendously (I would recommend the pizzeria a block away- it is not on the beach, but the owner is very welcoming and the pizza was as good as anything I had this trip to Italy).

Vincent was working the day shift and was a wonderful in helping provide me a lot of info that I needed in order to take care of things before I boarded my evening flight. He was very capable and I can't believe that he was working at the hotel, when he should have been running a major tourist-orientated business at the airport, he was that good. (Actually, he should be running a lot of organisations for travel in Italy)

The young lady who prepared breakfast and coffees in the morning also doubled as housekeeping staff and I would like to thank her (here on TripAdvisor) for being so careful with the cleaning and taking care of the rooms.

The rooms are a little bit stuffy as a previous reviewer said, so the super clean interiors and well made beds made them acceptable. The computer in the lobby area and the always on Wifi were wonderful (I needed to do a lot of emails that evening and next morning).

Funnily enough, this forced stay in Fiumincino, at the Hotel Riveria was a nice way to leave Italy. The beach is really quite acceptable and as cultural tourism it is a delight. Real Italian families enjoying the beach. Real beach bars set-up for domestic tourism. Real day time rush, and get back to Rome before night time schedules.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank BandBreviewer
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is a great-value hotel for anyone needing to catch an early plane from Fiumicino airport, or maybe arriving too late for onward travel. The only problem with our room, off a charming courtyard, was that its sole window gave onto that courtyard, so it was a bit stuffy. But it was a very hot night so outside of August that shouldn't be a problem (and there was air conditioning...). The staff were very helpful and charming. The only downside was the fact that the car park is so small it's often full, which Leaves latecoming guests with the only other option, which is leaving your car on the street!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building (but not on the road)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked this hotel because I needed a place to stay for a long lay over between China and Canada. I had already seen Rome a hundred of times (lucky me!) so this time I only wanted to relax at the beach between my two long flights. Hotel Riviera was ok for this. Let's be clear I would not spend my summer holidays here but it was perfect for a lay over. The beach is not that nice but it is still the beach and I could work on my tan ;) I didn't think that the neighborhood was dangerous and at night I ate pretty well at a local trattoria.

The single bedroom was clean, quiet and had anything I needed. There was no safe in the room but there were plenty of them at the reception. The shuttle service was super convenient, cheap and always on schedule. The breakfast was a bit of a let down for the coffee. Guys we come to Italy to have real cappuccino and espresso, not the ones coming from a machine! Staff at the reception was always friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for a lay over in Fiumicino (if you don't want or don't have time to go all the way to Rome).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo