“Comfortable, clean and convenient location for Airport”

Euro House Rome Airport
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
“Comfortable, clean and convenient location for Airport”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This a good option if you need to be close to the airport.
The bedroom and bathroom were spotless and the bed linen was crisp and clean.
The room was large with comfortbale double bed and also a single bed in the sitting room.
Free WIFI is available.
The negative were:
- the non-smoking room had been used previously by smoker and the smell was offensive.
It is up to the Hotel to manage this aspect of their service offering.
- I shared a taxi (aranged by the hotel) with 2 other guests also going to the airport. We all paid E10, thus making the taxi fee E30 for the short ride to the airport.
The breakfast selection was average.

Room Tip: Insist on a non-smokers room that has not been used previously by a smoker!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This is a very unusual hotel!

But then, FCO is not what most of us are used to in US, Canada or most of EU. There are very few "chain" hotels in the vicinity of this particular airport. Not much of what a passenger is used to at Airport hotels... no free shuttle from/to airport, no standard size beds in the rooms etc...

This hotel has a small front office with friendly staff. Your "shuttle" is a standard unmarked passenger car and it costs you 10 Euros pp for a trip to or from the airport (20 Euros if before 6 am). It has a very strange lift where you have to keep the button pressed until the car reaches the level you are going to or calling lift to. My room (single) was very small but relatively modern, also quite clean. It served me well for two nights. Location: not nice, there is nothing in the vicinity of this hotel bar few not so special restaurants.

With all of this in mind, Euro House is probably still the best deal on and around FCO airport. But this is only because the competition is quite poor there. I stayed in some other hotels around FCO airport and all were worse than this one. At least Euro House has no roaches in rooms. But, I have to say, if this hotel is located at most of other airports, it would be rated way worse. Maybe 2 out of 5...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank InterMMiami
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We had booked this hotel online prior to leaving home. Never know what to expect but it was great. First night was on our arrival to Italy for vacation and lsecond was the night before our exiting flight early the next morning. Room was clean, nice bathroom with great shower. Comfortable bed. Pretty noise proof given the close proximity to the airport. Ten min shuttle ride to the airport which isn't free but prompt and drop off at airport was painless. If you are needing to eat while there we highly recommend De La Ville Restaurant next door. We also enjoyed our walk to Sea which is about 15 min away.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barb S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I had a morning flight out of Fiumicino that required that I be there by 7:30 a.m. so there was no question that I needed to stay near the airport. I found Euro House/Rome Airport on line and booked easily for the one night for my friend and myself. Driving into Rome, however, I found the hotel hard to find and mistakenly drove to their other location first a few kilometers away. The decor in the rooms was soothing, very modern, and the bath with its elegant shower quite inviting. Francesca at the main desk helped with printing our boarding passes, wake up calls, and scheduling our separate shuttles to the airport (10€ each). An outside elevator makes bringing luggage up to the room painless and a small, gated yard outside of our condo style accommodations provided free, secure parking for our car rental. I did decide to return the rental car the night before and just use the shuttle in the morning which kept things much simpler for me on my day of departure. The room was categorized as a "triple" with three beds. I had specified "twin" since many of the full sized beds can be used for a couple or divided into two single beds. Even though we had requested twins the main, more elegant room had been made up as a king sized and not two twins. My friend and I did a coin toss to see who got the nicer room. The smaller, single bed was in an adjoining room nowhere near as elegant as the main room. I got the better one and slept well. I would definitely stay at Euro House/Fiumicino again without hesitation but I would be sure to specify about the bed situation to make sure I got what I wanted.

Room Tip: Just be sure you get to the right Euro House and be sure to specify how you want the beds in the mai...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah B
Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I booked this for the first night of my two week driving tour, as it was near the airport and I was arriving quite late. A good choice, since the plane was a couple of hours late, but the restaurant round the corner meant I had no problem getting something to eat.
My expectations were fully met, with a good clean room and one of the better breakfasts I encountered on my holiday. The free wi-fi worked well - better than several other places.
Parking was only in the street outside, but it's a quiet street so that wasn't a problem.

The location is pretty uninspiring, so no one would pick this for a long stay, but for flying in or out, or visiting Ostia Antica, it's fine.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Adam H
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I needed to be close to the airport so I chose this hotel. The transfer from the airport should cost $15 Euro but on my way there the taxi driver ripped me off and charged me $20 euro.
The hotel is clean, the rooms are large and the wireless internet worked well. The rooms are dated and the duvet cover on the beds needed to be updated to something more clean looking and feeling.
The hotel staff was helpful and the breakfast was very good with TONS of breads and sweets.
The shower leaked so bad out the shower stall that it ran into the grout of the tile into my bedroom and I almost slipped hard. The extra large terrace would have been nice but there is not any furniture out there to be able to sit and enjoy.
There is a scent of body odor in the hallways that is from the bellman that are working also as maintenance people. I know this scent anywhere and it was really disgusting.
If you are sleeping here to make a flight it is ok.
Also, the shuttle that they offer stops at the other hotel location and they didn't tell me that about my transfer to the airport. I was a little nervous that I would not make it on time to my flight but I as fine. The night before I called for the shuttle to take me to the airport to catch a train and there were other people in the shuttle, it is not private. The few minutes it took me to have them get in with their luggage made me late for my train into rome which delayed me 30 minutes. Not a huge deal but the shuttle is NOT private and makes other stops.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jacqueline R
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The only decent thing about this place is the restaurant @ the corner! We stayed 1 night, our last in Rome. difficult to find shuttle stop, quite long walk from terminal (no fun w/bags & kids). When booked, did not understand shuttle would be 5E pp each way ( an extra 40E for our family). Website & reviews mention shuttle but not terribly clear that it is not included. True, email received did mention shuttle $$, but only AFTER I had done nonrefundable booking. I was quoted 15E for us 4, but driver demanded 20E (no lower price for small kids?). Outrageous that shuttle not free as it's a 5" ride at most.

unfriendly staff @ arrival. Creepy dark bunker like room w/ weird prison style doors. You will immediately want to get out of room, but not really anywhere to go. Not terribly clean ( our room came w/Moldy half eaten apple...nice).

Unfortunately, unlike most bunkers this place was horribly noisy!!! We had a 5AM flight & tried to go to sleep @10pm. Even kids (exhausted as they were) unable to sleep until 1AM. A group of Americans was cArrying on inside gated yard, moving cars in & out & slamming the prison like gates. Front desk totally unhelpul when we called.

Breakfast? ha. Though 4 of us, only 2 packets of horrible dried toast & 1 shriveled kiwi. The receptionist made big deal of giving us these "extras" b/c I complained about shuttle price discrepancy. Very weird.

Perhaps because We had such fabulous accommodations our entire time in Italy, this place came as bigger shock (especially to wallet). Are choices near Fiumicino really so bad that folks rate this place high?

Room Tip: At Fiumicino, look for & confirm your hotel has free shuttle.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
eurohouse, Direttore at Euro House Rome Airport, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
This feed back is in mistake. You have made a mistake you are in confusion with another hotel, check it?

Travellers are raving about these Fiumicino hotels