“Fine for an overnight stay near the airport”

Euro House Rome Airport
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I wouldn't say we loved it as such but I think for a location so near the airport it ticked most boxes. Private parking was fine, our four person room was VERY big for the price, if furnished a bit oddly and with sloping ceilings (w are used to them from home, so they did not bother us much). The breakfast was adequate. I would perhaps rate it just good normally, but was expecting a lot worse value for money near the airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leila L
eurohouse, Direttore at Euro House Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear Sirs, thank you for your feed-back.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We arrived a few hours earlier than standard check-in and appreciated that they could accommodate us. That was probably the best part of the hotel. Others mentioned the breakfast was decent. However, we didn't stay long enough to partake in this "amenity" so I can't comment on it.

I personally would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone I know. We requested a quad room. The pictures shown online are for the property across the street. If they start showing you to a room in the same building as the check-in, I would say to beware. The first room we were given was on the third floor of the building where the reception is. Make note that the strange elevator in this building only goes to the second floor (and by strange, I mean barely operable). The room we were shown was straight out of a 1970s nightmare. It had old everything including a "dining" table that was barely standing. It was so wobbly that I was afraid an accidental gentle nudge might break it. In addition, the ceiling in at least half of the "suite" is less than 4 feet tall. The slanted ceiling goes down to about 2 feet where it meets the wall. They placed the beds over on this side of the room so every time you went near the beds, you most likely hit your head. In about 35 minutes, my family of four hit our heads a total of about 9-10 times (and we're not tall people!). Oh, and let's talk about the beds. They looked as old as the rest of the furniture in that room. Need I say more about that? However, the final straw for this particular room was the fact that the entire room and building shook every time an airplane flew overhead. We purposely picked this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport. However, I don't expect that it is so poorly constructed that I can hear and literally feel the airplanes flying above us. After that, I went down and asked for a different room. The receptionist agreed to move us, but she was a bit annoyed that we would ask for a different room after we had been in there for what she claims was 50 minutes. I wasn't watching the clock, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the 30ish minute range. Keep in mind, it's not exactly easy to lug luggage around this place.

The room we were shown across the street had been renovated and more similarly matched the pictures online. However, if you want internet access, the only place the wifi would work is in their lobby. This is NOT noted in their hotel description and in addition it is a problem that they know about but have not resolved. The girl who checked us in told me that I had to come connect in the lobby. I thought that meant if I connected in the lobby, I could walk across the street and stay connected. That is NOT the case.

Lastly, other people have mentioned this in their reviews as well and I knew it going in, but I still don't think it's right. It was 10 euros per person to get a ride to the airport which is literally a 5-7 minute drive. For a family of four, that comes to 40 euros to get to the airport which I know is ridiculous! Just to give you some context, a ride from the Vatican City which was about 45-50 minutes away cost us 47 euros. And without internet access, I couldn't even try to find a cab company in the area. Someone else had mentioned in their review that the hotel staff would not call you a cab when requested so I didn't bother to ask. We ended up sucking it up and paying the 40 euros to get to the airport. Also, thank goodness it was such a short ride! Their driver didn't obey any of the street signs and drove us there as fast as possible as if we were going to be late for our flight which was not the case. I would have preferred that he follow the speed limits and the obey the street signs. Really, my life is worth more than 1-2 minutes!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank fr0m_me_2_you
eurohouse, Direttore at Euro House Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Sirs we have given to you the mansard quadruple suite room in another building because you had been arrived for check in before the right time and this was, on your request, the only way to have a room in the early morning!
We have moved immediatly your luggages in the new suite room quadruple, but we have had to wait the check out of our guests at 10.45 and than we have to clean it for another 20 minutes.
The check in is at 12.00 a.m. and it is not possible have a room before in high season.
Wi Fi is free, it is a free not charged service and it is management from Telecom Italia Spa and it is not our fault if service is with low signal in the room. We guarantee free service wi fi in all the areas, from the reception to the lobby, from parking to garden, common areas and on the street.
About shuttle service at 04.30 a.m. is one of the best rate of the area for shuttle service better than taxy! 40.00 euros for 4 people with 8 large oversize luggages!
On the street there are 4 speed limit controls and it is not possible do not respects speed limits!
Suite room is 40 square metres 4 stars level, marble floors, wi-fi, sat. tv, lcd tv, 2 big television one for room, tv room, bathroom with king shower, king bed, large bed in separate room, The buffet starts at 06.30 better than others hotel and before most of the populars hotels in this area: buffet breakfast, fruit yogurt, hot and cold, eggs and juices, bacon and cheese, croisants.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The big minus of this hotel: They could be more generous with soap & shampoos.
The better part of the hotel:
We landed after 15 hours of journey. We called the hotel who promised to have us picked in 10 minutes. Without any hiccups they located us.
Check-in process was fast & efficient. No issues for checking in 2 hours before time. The staff was friendly and helped us in every possible manner. We were demanding as we were travelling with 3 kids.
As we were there for 36 hours, they organized transport and general direction. Room was neat & clean. Plenty of parking. Modern elevators.
Breakfast was good.
This place is 15 minutes walk from the beach which is a big advantage.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rajesh R

Thank you for your feed-back, from today more amenities.........in the bathroom.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were glad to find this place. Surprising value for money,comfortable and clean. Breakfast was a good deal-much to chose from and a cheerful, helpful Senora in charge. Easy to get on Autostrada from here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Summrs
eurohouse, Direttore at Euro House Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

hank you for choosing our hotel .
We have improved a lot the breakfast with homemade products fresh .

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had to switch our booking to this hotel because our original hotel didn't have a 24 hour check in.
We reserved a double room and fot a suite with a king size bed, a small living room and a very good bathroom with a double shower. The room was in a building separated from the reception.
The bed was very confortable, the breakfast very good and the staff amicable.
The location is very convenient to the airport.
There is a shuttle that you reserve at the hotel and it takes 5 minutes.
Ideal when you need to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lny
eurohouse, Direttore at Euro House Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Sirs thank you very much!..for your kind feed-back!
Best Regards.
Massimo

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Too much went wrong here to ignore. From the desk clerk's poor attitude to the mold in the bathroom. Forget the fact that his "special deal" on the shuttle was over twice the price of the expensive taxis! When he forced us to pay for another room when we did not need one, I was convinced this place was a scam.

So, after deciding to stay since it was late and traveling with children makes decisions a little more difficult, we start to settle in. First off, we find out the Wi-Fi does not work in the rooms, only in the lobby! Now that is useless! Don't brag about perks that are not usable, ok? When I decide to shower, I notice the drain does not work, at all! Since I am in the shower, I try to look in the drain to see why. That was a mistake - it was completely loaded with hair, lint, and God knows what else. So, the other family members could not shower because it would have flooded the bathroom. Now, on to the hairdryer that didn't work. It sounded like it was ready to come to a grinding halt and did not turn on to a speed that was usable. Oh yeah, it was hanging by one fastener, ready to fall. Of course, the entire time, you are reminded of a hell-hole this place is by the mold all over the walls in the bathroom.

The best part of all after spending 200 Euros for two rooms (when I needed but just one), was when at checkout, a different clerk (now female so I thought maybe she would care!) asked how the stay was. I let he know of every issue and how could the drain and mold not be corrected if the maid cleans in there daily? I also stated it was our worst experience ever. Her response? Can you believe it was simply "Thank you"

All I can say is never again!

Room Tip: Beware air conditioning is only allowed during a few months out of the year. The elevators are manua...