My wife and I recently had a flight change and needed a hotel near the airport for 1 night.
We chose the Hilton Garden Inn for it's convenience to the airport.
It is located a few miles away in an airport industrial area and it fits right in in it's neighborhood.
Stark concrete from the outside and much the same inside.
Upon check in we were told that the hotel would not honor the rate that I had been guaranteed. I am a travel agent and requested a travel industry rate evidently the booking agent mistakenly booked it as a family rate.
The check in person name, Simone, questioned me as to how I had gotten a "Family Rate" and would not tell us how much the normal rate would be for the night.
He was extremely rude but in the long run he did us a great favor.
We called Marriott and were able to book a room at The Marriott Rome Park Hotel for the same rate that we were quoted by Hilton.
It was not much further away in distance but was light years away in terms of ambiance and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino airport platform in front of Cargo City. A complimentary Airport Shuttle service is provided from the hotel to/from the airport from 5 AM to 1 AM. The service is operated by a yellow, Orange, Blue & Green Bus with "Easy Parking" Logos on both sides. Please look for "Airport Shuttle" Signs. Free wi-fi Internet access is available throughout the hotel and free 24-hour Business Centre with high speed Internet access and remote printing facilities. All 282 guestrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport have modern decor and soundproofed windows. Each includes a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Self-adjusting Garden Sleep System beds with duvets and ergonomic Mirra chair. In-room safe, individual climate control, reading lamps, two telephones and tea and coffee making facilities. This is 100% non smoking Hotel. For guests who smokes the Hotel has designed smoking areas outside the building to accommodate their needs. There is a room recovery fee of 150 €uro for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition. On-site restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and offering traditional Italian/International cuisine and a Lounge Bar featuring plasma screens and offering cocktails, sandwiches, salads and more. Guests can use the microwave room to prepare ready-to-cook meals sold at Pavilion Pantry shop. The hotel is a 2-minute drive from the A91 Highway for easy connections to the EUR business district. Trains to Fiera Roma and central Rome leave from the airport train station, and the ride takes around 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Fiumicino
- Fiumicino Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Fiumicino